Kodi Community Forum
How do I set consistent viewtype for a media level? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (http://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Kodi General Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+--- Thread: How do I set consistent viewtype for a media level? (/showthread.php?tid=131152)

How do I set consistent viewtype for a media level? - SirMaster - 2012-05-09 20:37

One particular annoying problem that I have run into is how to set a consistent viewtype for a media level.

For example: When I enter into a movie set media level, there is some default viewtype. I do not like that default viewtype so I go to the menu on the left and select a different one.

The problem is, that this only seems to apply to that one specific movie set. I would like to find a way to make that viewtype become the viewtype for all of my movie sets when I change it.

How can I do this?

I wish it would work the way TV shows do. When I change the viewtype for the season level or the episode level, then it changes it for every TV show. Not just the one TV show that I happen to be in when I change the value.

I am looking for any solution. Even If I have to go edit a file and find and replace a value to set all my movie sets to the same viewtype.

Thanks

RE: How do I set consistent viewtype for a media level? - PatK - 2012-05-09 21:12

Some skins offer the ability to disable or hide views, if you hide all, but the one desired... then visited each in turn.. I suspect that view would be saved. A return to your skin might hold that view (I've not checked this part... but it seems probable).

RE: How do I set consistent viewtype for a media level? - SirMaster - 2012-05-10 03:04

Hmm. Well I use a different view for my overall movies view so I can't disable that one.

I like a long list of posters along the bottom for my whole movie list but then a grid with an info panel on the side for when i open a movie set. Just personal preference I guess.

My current solution now is to open each movie set and change the view type manually but I have over 100 movie sets so its going to take a long time. And then I don't know how to save that kind of setting if i need to re-install or change skins.

RE: How do I set consistent viewtype for a media level? - PatK - 2012-05-10 04:54

Most skins have a default view, in T! it's Fanart and you can't change it globally. But as I mentioned you could disable certain views.. then visit each area and enable the view you want for your grid, you'll have less visiting to do. Different skins act a bit differently in this regard, and consequentially have different looks.