Kodi Community Forum
Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup. (/showthread.php?tid=131524)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup. - rolapinou - 2012-05-17

Very nice work mate.
I am usually not interested in bonuses in DVDs or BluRays but what you did there make me feel like doing the same.

Two questions :

1 - would it be possible to give a few more details of the organisation of the folders and files, maybe with screenshots from the folders as organised in Windows Explorer for example.
I think it would help a lot.

2 - is it possible to have that king of organisation for the movies of one saga like Alien for example as I own those movies but haven't extracted the bonuses yet ?

Thanks

RE: Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup. - Deano316 - 2012-05-17

(2012-05-17, 13:10)rolapinou Wrote: 1 - would it be possible to give a few more details of the organisation of the folders and files, maybe with screenshots from the folders as organised in Windows Explorer for example.
I think it would help a lot.

2 - is it possible to have that king of organisation for the movies of one saga like Alien for example as I own those movies but haven't extracted the bonuses yet ?

Thanks

1 - As requested, a few screen grabs from explorer:

Show Level:

Season Level:

Episode Level:

2 - Very possible, although the 'Show' logo will be seen throughout at episode level (see second pic below). Haven't found a way to get season logos.......yet!

Show Level:

Season Level:

Episode Level:

Don't forget to link your movies to your shows, then (as you can see above) the movies will appear alongside your extras at season level. Hope this helps you out, don't forget to post some screens of your finished work. Any more questions, just ask.

RE: Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup. - Notegraphy - 2012-05-17

thankyou very much Rofl

RE: Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup. - Deano316 - 2012-05-17

(2012-05-17, 15:58)Notegraphy Wrote: thankyou very much Rofl

No problem Wink Same goes for you, please post screenshots when you're done Smile

RE: Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup. - rolapinou - 2012-05-17

Many thanks for the screenshots, it helps a lot in understanding.
Extra question : with this procedure you make XBMC thinks that Alien, Aliens, Alien3 and Alien Resurections are 4 seasons (with one episode which is the movie itself and others that are bonuses for each film) of the "Alien" show.
For my #2 question, I can have the very same organisation as you do, renaming Alien.mkv to s01e01 - Alien.mkv and have this file in the Season 1 folder and so one for the 3 other movies of the saga ?
Am I right ?

So here is a question : is it possible to have Alien movies also displayed in the movies menu of XBMC ?
nfo files for movies and episodes are quite different aren't they ?
Saying that diffently : can a video file be considered by XBMC both as a movie and as a TVShow episode without duplicating big video files ?

My TV Shows and Movies are still kept seperate. It is only the movie extras that are treated like tv shows. When you have a collection of films like Alien, you use each season for the extras of each movie, just as a way of keeping everything organised. Like I pointed out earlier, you can link the movies to the 'Alien' TV Show, (find your movie, press 'C' - 'link to a tv show' - find 'Alien' - hit enter). Then the movies appear at season level and under 'All Seasons'.

Personally I wouldn't mix my movies in with them as you suggested above, but that is down to personal preference. I guess if you wanted to do it that way you could rename the section 'Boxsets' or 'Collections', but you wouldn't have your movies show up here AND in the movies section so ultimately it is down to you. Nice to have the option now though I suppose.

To answer your other question, you can't (as far as I'm aware) have a video file be considered both as a movie and an episode mainly because they have different naming conventions, and so wouldn't scrape properly. To have both you would need two copies of the same file, both named differently. Not so bad if it was just for one or two movies, but when you have as many films as I do it is not possible.

I hope I've answered your question, but if ther's anything you're unsure of please ask again Smile

Thanks for the explanation.
You're right as I shouldn't mix movies with tvshows. But the solution you mentionned of linking a movie to a TV show is worth giving a try.
I'll tell you if I succeed.
BTW : could you attach you Alien TVShow .nfo so I can take a look at it ?
Thanks !

(2012-05-17, 19:39)rolapinou Wrote: Thanks for the explanation.
You're right as I shouldn't mix movies with tvshows. But the solution you mentionned of linking a movie to a TV show is worth giving a try.
I'll tell you if I succeed.
BTW : could you attach you Alien TVShow .nfo so I can take a look at it ?
Thanks !

Edit : It's on the first page of this thread Confused

Sorry, didn't notice that the code part was the whole .nfo file content !
Very nice work mate !!!

RE: Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup. - thrak76 - 2012-05-17

Great idea, and helpful tutorial!

I'd thought passively about a method for adding the bonus features, but you have really fleshed out a good process. Great! Here goes another month of my life fiddling with rips and encodes! Smile

EDIT: After watching the video, I'm even more impressed! Looks like I'll be starting this later today!

(2012-05-17, 22:11)thrak76 Wrote: Great idea, and helpful tutorial!

I'd thought passively about a method for adding the bonus features, but you have really fleshed out a good process. Great! Here goes another month of my life fiddling with rips and encodes! Smile

EDIT: After watching the video, I'm even more impressed! Looks like I'll be starting this later today!

I always thought it seemed a shame that all those 'making of' documentaries and extras were going to waste. The idea for this method actually came about because I was trying to find a way to add my UFC collection to XBMC. Got it working and thought I'd try to apply it to some bonus features I had sitting on my hard drive. A few months later when I saw Nox 3.0 it seemed the right time work out the kinks and get it out there properly.

Glad you approve Big Grin As always, any questions just ask.

RE: Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup. - Martijn - 2012-05-17

(2012-05-17, 22:11)thrak76 Wrote: Great idea, and helpful tutorial!

We will not be held responsible for any marriage failure or break-up Rofl

(hereby declares he has had no part in any of this movie extras creation Wink )

RE: Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup. - thrak76 - 2012-05-17

(2012-05-17, 22:36)Martijn Wrote: We will not be held responsible for any marriage failure or break-up Rofl

(hereby declares he has had no part in any of this movie extras creation Wink )

LOL! Luckily, my wife came to terms with my media obsession a long time ago! She gets to reap the benefits after all, and is grateful. Nod

I get moaned at EVERY day!!!!!!! Rofl

I will say that though that I had some great help from Martijn, Kode, Big Noid and phil65. What a great community we have here! Big Grin

RE: Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup. - phil65 - 2012-05-18

(2012-05-17, 23:28)Deano316 Wrote: I get moaned at EVERY day!!!!!!! Rofl

I will say that though that I had some great help from Martijn, Kode, Big Noid and phil65. What a great community we have here! Big Grin

can only agree on that (and also want to say thx to all those guys here, especially big_noid of course, i´ll repeat that in the release thread Wink )