Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - st graveyard - 2012-07-02

Hey MQ,

I absolutely love the new skin! I love the fact that you can have a different background each time you boot up XBMC, I love the user friendlyness, the way you can configure the skin is just miles and miles ahead compared to any skin out there! (I know you have to get used to it). The new info screens are superb. I have posted some minor cosmetic issues, but it is just a little. I also really dig the random lists in the home screen. It all looks so slick and professional.

For now, RCB does not work as well in MQ4 compared to MQ3, but I know this is for the next phase.

For me this is the best skin out there ... by far! And since this is an apha, it will get even better ;-)

Thanks a lot for all your hard work!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - mindweaver - 2012-07-02

MY MENU is great but I still would like to have the choice to add menu items directly to the main menu. I want to have WEATHER, MOVIES, TV-SERIES, VIDEOS, IMAGES, TRAILERS.

And in that scenario I don't want to have TRAILERS as a sub menu to something else.

Best case for all of us would be to make My menu either a parent with sub menus or a single item main menu item.

I believe everyone would be happy with that solution.

other than that.. fantastic job with the skin!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Omegatron - 2012-07-02

Ok without naming names let me respond to this Wink

Its not about getting used to, like i said before I understand the reason behind this construction. For people that use a *beep*load lot of addons, favorites, vplaylist it might be a blessing not scrolling through the main menu for an amount of time to get to the thing you want to select.

But for me and i think for some others, i only use 2 or 3 addons in the main menu, this is my main menu in MQ3:

- CONCERTS - MUSIC - MOVIES - TV SHOWS - PICTURES - SETTINGS - SHUTDOWN - YOUTUBE - TRAILERS

For me this is nice and clean, prest left or right only a few times and i can select what i want this is the main reason im using AEON. now everything you add you have to press up with MY MENU and select the addon or whatever you have put there. This is not the AEON in fell in love with Sad

So again its NOT about getting used to its just something i really dislike. I dont agree the new method is better its just a matter of taste.

And since ur the creator of the AEON MQ skins its of course your choice of how you make it.

But please for the ones that dont use a *beep*load of addons etc and for those who love that AEON touch so much, could you implement the option in your next release of MQ4 ?

BTW im not asking to remove the MY MENU function, im asking to add the MQ3 cusomisation aswell so its a win win for everybody Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Cheers.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2012-07-02

In Sugarsync, we have latest translation files with fixes for all languages, please get all files and overwrite in:

:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq.4\language

If you get only for your language and use XBMC frodo, remember it´s necessary get English.po file too, and overwrite file in Folder English.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MaxCore - 2012-07-02

sick!!!!!!

About Weather, all settings are on the bottom menu, option customizers, search for weather item, press enter and see the options available to use images based on current conditions (need images provide by extrapack to work) press enter in the item based on conditions in the Northern Hemisphere until the desired option appears, equal for Animated icons. press enter for change in Static Option, for change for Animated, this is the same place, press End to close Customizers. It´s possible set path external folder with your images too.

When enter in Weather in main menu item, you have access many screens, left arrow go to extra settings in top menu.

Wanilton

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Japaja - 2012-07-02

(2012-07-01, 21:51)dreamkp Wrote:
(2012-07-01, 20:24)Japaja Wrote: Gave this thread a rating of one star since it has a false "release" title and is not in spirit of xbmc.

mimimimi
i want to have it all, i don't want to wait, i don't want to honor other people free work

you don't have the spirit of a xbmc user

cheers,
maikl

Just think the thread title is not appropriate since nothing is actually released in this thread. Hope you understand now if not I repeat it's just misleading and I have no problem with anything else. I'm not even a big fan of Aeon skins, but being mislead by thread title I tough it doesn't hurt to check it out. Anyway take it easy and enjoy the summer. Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - SavellM - 2012-07-02

Oh but how wrong you are.
It is released, to donating users.

IF you would like access then donate, if not don't punish the people that have put in countless hours into making something that you will benefit from for free.

1. How do I select thin list? The default list is to chubby for me Smile I would like to be able to choose a thinner list as before.

2. And how do I pick a custom backdrop theme for main menu? When I go to "Themes" and click on "My Theme" I get a panel with instructions. Then I click "back" and I get to pick my theme root folder. After that nothing happens. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Livin - 2012-07-02

(2012-07-02, 13:14)MarcosQui Wrote: Dear VIPs, please relax.

The skin is under construction, some things are fresh and need time getting used to. I already use the MY MENU for months and is great for me, you use only by 2 days and think that's bad, calm ..

The Alpha serves to do just that, see what needs to fix or change, if the majority think the MY MENU is bad then I can change, otherwise it gets.

For that everyone should participate, not just those who complain and complain ... without naming names. Cool

See a comparison:

Without MY MENU - Aeon MQ 3:

Add 5 + FAVORITES + 3 VPLAYLIST in main menu.

How to reach to item = Open the skin and scroll down dozens of times until you find the desired menu.

With MY MENU - Aeon MQ 4:

Include all items in MY MENU and use the REORDER to put it as the main focus when opening the skin.

How to get the item = up arrow.

What is the best method? Huh

Is MyMenu simply a Top Menu with Submenus?
... if this is the case, it is still potentially the same # of button presses to get to your desired it.
... and, as mentioned, placing (hiding) frequently used items in sub menus is not an intuitive design

If it is not a menu of menus then...

MyMenu would be a consolidation of multiple lists into one list... which is worse since it would contain a few hundred mixed content items

- Either way, it is not usable for me, my family, friends, etc

This convo is truly not personal so please don't take it as such. I loved MQ3 but due to this thread, I started looking at other skins to see what they offer. I tried a few and landed on Nox 3.0. In the past I did not like Nox and chose MQ3. But Nox 3 now allows me to add the main menu items and many other really nice (and useful) features. So, I'll check out MQ4 when it launches to see how it compares to Nox.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Tobby - 2012-07-02

(2012-07-02, 17:29)mindweaver Wrote: 1. How do I select thin list? The default list is to chubby for me Smile I would like to be able to choose a thinner list as before.

2. And how do I pick a custom backdrop theme for main menu? When I go to "Themes" and click on "My Theme" I get a panel with instructions. Then I click "back" and I get to pick my theme root folder. After that nothing happens. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?
(Double Down) \ Customizers \ (ex. Movies) \ Switch Backdrop - Single Image

(2012-07-02, 17:53)Tobby Wrote:
(2012-07-02, 17:29)mindweaver Wrote: 1. How do I select thin list? The default list is to chubby for me Smile I would like to be able to choose a thinner list as before.

(Double Down) \ Customizers \ (ex. Movies) \ Switch Backdrop - Single Image

That is not what I asked about..

@mindweaver, there are bug in My Theme, go to list for fix.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - TrailFoX - 2012-07-02

did anybody have problems with the tmdb scrapper,too?

from the install of mq4 until now ,my scrapper always say´s he can´t connect to the server. is it a konw bug?

(2012-07-02, 18:00)Wanilton Wrote: @mindweaver, there are bug in My Theme, go to list for fix.

" go to list for fix." <- what do you mean with that? Smile
In MQ3 it was possible to assign artist backdrops behind visualization fullscreen. Is there a setting for that in MQ4? Can't seem to find it.

And when I choose Aritst fanart instead of vis I just get the blue glowing background.