Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-09-14

@Marcos,

Quick question, will the top bar (Claytons script) and the library stats be working for Custom Main Menu Items in the upcoming release?

(2012-09-14, 02:01)Toricred Wrote: Last night I installed the 9-11 nightly build, and the new repository listed in this thread, the new allinone script, the magaro FTR pvr addon. After that the EPG view is really dark and this difficult to read. I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting. Is it possible this is related to this skin or the allinone script?

Ok, so what changed? Were you using the latest version of MQ4 before? If so then the only thing that changed was the nightly build, right?

I cannot see how the script could cause this sort of issue. You have to remember that running a skin on Frodo nightly builds is bound to throw up issues as Marcos or any dev for that matter cannot amend the skin for each nightly release. Perhaps drop back to a prior nightly release and see if that solves the issue.

Personally, I would hold out for the 15th and the latest release of MQ4.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Toricred - 2012-09-14

Thanks. I changed several things at once including the script and the repo so I am just trying to narrow things down. Since I am pretty new to XBMC, although I used SageTV for 6 years, I wasn't clear if one of those could be the issue. Now I can check the other options when my family lets me back on the system this weekend.

There is another thread with users having a similar issue runnig on linux, I am pretty sure it is an issue with the nightly builds and the skin and possibly Marcos will need to make changes if he has not already. However as Frodo is still in Alpha I would not have thought it would be a priority. The skin does support Frodo but as it changes daily it is very difficult to keep the skin fully compatible, so for a stable build and experience I would stick to Eden (I do) for now, at least then you are sure that any major issues should get sorted pretty quickly. Big Grin

unicode (utf-8) is still not supported? - dukevn - 2012-09-14

MarcosQui, I wonder if you have any plan for the skin to have more charsets supported, for example unicode (utf-8)? The default skin fully supports utf-8 characters, see below for examples:

Default skin:

Aeon MQ 4:

I know this is nothing about the skin structures/codings at all. This is all about the fonts you use in the skin, and these fonts do not fully support utf-8 characters. I usually have to replace fonts in Aeon MQ 4 with the fonts that support utf-8 to have Vietnamese character displayed properly, but then the skin/layout becomes distorted.

Any advice or plan for this?

Thanks,

D.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - sarakha63 - 2012-09-14

i still have a suggestion for movie library when focus on a tvset it would be great if the panel info could display info on the tv set just like it doest when in set view.

It's very annoying to have this black info panel appear with no info and no thumbnail at all.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - FREAKJAM - 2012-09-14

the now playing widget moves to the bottom left corner while playing music after a while. Is this normal?
Running XBMC 11 eden final.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - claymic - 2012-09-14

The AllInOne its now in the repository, its the same version 0.2.1, i will release a new version with some news next week.
I am a little busy this days, but i wil try to answer the old questions tomorrow.
BE CAREFUL.
There is two versions now, one for Eden and Frodo until (30/07), and another for the new frodo.
Repository
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25170804/Skin%20Aeon%20Mq%204/repository.claymic-1.0.1.
Any problem let me know.
Clayton

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-09-15

Aeon MQ 4 - 1.2.0 - public release available.

Link in first post.

Is strongly recomended restart skin to default AFTER install this version over RC 2, otherwise errors may occur. For this, use down arrow down/down, SETINGS/SKIN SETTINGS/RESET SKIN.

Changelog:

Added: Option to show multi-icon in Top Menu Widget.
Added: Season Thumb in Top Menu Widget for multi-icon mode.
Added: View Banner and View Landscape for Movies - Art available through the new version of Artwork Downloader script.
Added: Home Window - Kiosk, Kiosk Smart and Kiosk Code - Hides the settings in bottom menu.
Fixed: Missing Extra Info Episodes Count, Year, Genre and etc...
Fixed: Missing thumb and plot in VPlaylit 1.
Fixed: Weather Window - Navigation errors.

I want to thank all VIPs who helped build this skin.

We did a skin basically error free, certainly the best MQ already launched.

Best regards.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - claymic - 2012-09-15

Ok, how cool is that ?
Congratulations for this great work.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - hdmax - 2012-09-15

WOW! And you are early, thanks for all the hard work!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - PashaK - 2012-09-15

Really excited for this release. Thanks so much.

I've installed the MQ repository but only MQ3 is available. Am i missing something?
First post says released and available via repo.
Really looking forward to giving this a try.

Thanks in advance

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - No12 - 2012-09-15

Great,thanks a lot.Waiting for repo update,no mq4 skin yet.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2012-09-15

Press C in MQ Repository, and select force refresh, done.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - No12 - 2012-09-15

When I did that few minutes ago skin was not there,now it updated.
Thanks a lot.