Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - TheRed - 2012-09-17

Tried searching this thread for the answer to the following question but this thread is a beast and, personally, I found it difficult to see whether it had been asked before.

How do you set the background for the movie menu option to be a random/rotating selection of fanart for the movies you have in your library? Same for the music menu option.

I know how to set single images, or a folder of images that'll rotate, but can't for the life of me figure out how to tell the skin to use the fanart from the movies in the library.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-09-17

(2012-09-17, 19:35)astrotrain Wrote:
(2012-09-17, 18:45)chippie Wrote:
(2012-09-17, 17:56)astrotrain Wrote: Uhm, you guys are contradicting each other, one is saying the Frodo version the other the non Frodo, which one since I am on Alpha 3.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Sorry that was my bad, I missed out "non" in my reply.
(2012-09-17, 18:13)astrotrain Wrote: Okay I got the allinone plugin working but strangely I keeping getting this error message " Script failed!: Randomlastitems.py" How do I turn this message off? Moreover I mainly use smart playlists on the main menu strip is it possible to have this script run mainly on the smart list rather than just for the main Movies and TV shows headings? This is possible on NOX where you can create widgets like this progress script above your smart playlists in the main menu.

Again thanks for the help.

With the randomandlastitems error, we think we know what is causing it, as a test could you remove any TVShow playlists you may have as Main and Sub-Menu items and see if the error goes away please?

With the second point, I hope that Marcos and claymic are going to discuss the possibility of using the AllinOne for custom/playlist items, we will have to wait and see.

I removed all TV related items from menu and sub menus only movie smart playlists remain, still same error message. It appears the script works fine for TV shows and movies but this crazy message keeps appearing saying the script failed, even the message appears sporadically when your are in any given smart playlists.

I hope you guys decide to implement integration of this script for smart playlists as some of us only use these playlists in the main menu foregoing the main Movies and TVShows amalgamated list. This is why I switched to NOX so I can have a minimalistic approach to the main menu.
Moreover regarding the smart playlists sub menus, I cannot figure out how to delete/disable these listings videos, files, search etc in the customization section, it feels too cluttered as I create smart playlists in the sub menus as well.

Cheers for all the help, the skin looks fantastic.

Did you come out of XBMC and back in after removing all the TVShow scripts? Sorry, should have said that earlier. Also make sure you have the latest 1.2.5 version of the script.

The reason being is that I was also getting errors and by looking at the log we determined it was down to the playlists, removing the TVShow playlists solved the issue completely. I hope to grab some time with claymic over the next few days so this can be looked at in more detail.

Just to add, the script works here as well for both Movies and TVShows, with the error only appearing if TVShow playlists were assigned as a Menu item.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - astrotrain - 2012-09-17

(2012-09-17, 19:43)chippie Wrote:
(2012-09-17, 19:35)astrotrain Wrote:
(2012-09-17, 18:45)chippie Wrote: Sorry that was my bad, I missed out "non" in my reply.

With the randomandlastitems error, we think we know what is causing it, as a test could you remove any TVShow playlists you may have as Main and Sub-Menu items and see if the error goes away please?

With the second point, I hope that Marcos and claymic are going to discuss the possibility of using the AllinOne for custom/playlist items, we will have to wait and see.

I removed all TV related items from menu and sub menus only movie smart playlists remain, still same error message. It appears the script works fine for TV shows and movies but this crazy message keeps appearing saying the script failed, even the message appears sporadically when your are in any given smart playlists.

I hope you guys decide to implement integration of this script for smart playlists as some of us only use these playlists in the main menu foregoing the main Movies and TVShows amalgamated list. This is why I switched to NOX so I can have a minimalistic approach to the main menu.
Moreover regarding the smart playlists sub menus, I cannot figure out how to delete/disable these listings videos, files, search etc in the customization section, it feels too cluttered as I create smart playlists in the sub menus as well.

Cheers for all the help, the skin looks fantastic.

Did you come out of XBMC and back in after removing all the TVShow scripts? Sorry, should have said that earlier. Also make sure you have the latest 1.2.5 version of the script.

The reason being is that I was also getting errors and by looking at the log we determined it was down to the playlists, removing the TVShow playlists solved the issue completely. I hope to grab some time with claymic over the next few days so this can be looked at in more detail.

Just to add, the script works here as well for both Movies and TVShows, with the error only appearing if TVShow playlists were assigned as a Menu item.

Hi yes, I shut down XBMC and restarted after removing the TV items, I am showing the version 0.2.1 of the allinone script which I got from the zip file first page of this thread, the update button is greyed out so I can't update within the addon. Where can I find the latest version of this script?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-09-17

Not the all in one script, the Randomlastitems script?

From what you say the AllinOne works fine now? right? That (0.2.1) is the latest version of the AllinOne script.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - pepito62 - 2012-09-17

(2012-09-17, 15:34)Wanilton Wrote:
(2012-09-17, 13:33)pepito62 Wrote: I am lost with all the settings.

I want to display images fanarts musical background. In the playlist and in the home page.

How? What does this add-on? How to set it?

A big thanks to those who help me.

Look the tutorial vídeo nr 2, and others videos available here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136337

Thank you for the reply but I still can not get the images of the artist in the background.

I did not aborescence the video. And I have even less photos in folders.

In a previous post, "Skank" showed a screenshot. What is the setting? Y is there someone who can handle me.

help me

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - RaidoR - 2012-09-17

Is there any way to disable trailers?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Oakey - 2012-09-17

Hi, new to MQ4 and have finally set it up to my preference, however, should my recently added items appear on the Home Screen above their respective categories? Ie, should new Movies appear above Movies, TV episodes above TV Shows, etc? Because this doesn't seem to be workng for me. I can press down and select Recently Added that way to bring up a new screen but nothing is showing in the section above on the main menu.

I press up and it says 'View Modes' and my options are Recently Added, plus Random and In Progress (the latter two require a plugin I've yet to install).

Thanks

ETA: OKAY NEVERMIND. Found the solution on Page 1, I was confused as it wasn'tsaying plugin required for 'Recently Added'.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - djnicey - 2012-09-17

(2012-09-15, 05:53)calib3r Wrote: How do you add shutdown, settings, and addons menu in the main menu?

I'd also like to know how to add Shutdown back to the main menu, I've searched through the UI and the forums and cant find a way to do it. I'd like to keep the configuration simple for my kids and don't really want to teach them to press down twice to exit, as they will undoubtedly start fiddling with the submenus (which are still available in kiosk mode) and get the UI into a mess. Is there a way to add shutdown to the menu bar similar to MQ3?

I've updated from MQ3 to MQ4 and otherwise really like the skin, Thanks MarcosQui!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chrisuk11 - 2012-09-17

I have now upgraded to mq4 and have decidd to try using some different views. what is the naming for the files so that the extra backdrops I have in the movie folders can be displayed as fanart?

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - astrotrain - 2012-09-17

(2012-09-17, 20:31)chippie Wrote: Not the all in one script, the Randomlastitems script?

From what you say the AllinOne works fine now? right? That (0.2.1) is the latest version of the AllinOne script.

Thanks Chippie for your help. I turned off everything under Random from the allinone addon and no more messages, don't use the one in particular.

cheers,

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - schumi2004 - 2012-09-17

@MarcosQui

Do you think you can bring back ADDONS in main menu?
I kinda miss the ability to quickly open addons instead of making it available under MY MENU (for example YouTube). Now i needed to open submenu videos under movies and select video addons there to have access to YouTube.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - m0v1em4n - 2012-09-18

(2012-09-17, 19:42)TheRed Wrote: Tried searching this thread for the answer to the following question but this thread is a beast and, personally, I found it difficult to see whether it had been asked before.

How do you set the background for the movie menu option to be a random/rotating selection of fanart for the movies you have in your library? Same for the music menu option.

I know how to set single images, or a folder of images that'll rotate, but can't for the life of me figure out how to tell the skin to use the fanart from the movies in the library.

This should help

(2012-09-16, 23:57)Wanilton Wrote: @JonnyDunk, look the tutorial vídeo, this is easy..press down arrow twice at home, in bottom menu go to customization item ( press enter), go to movies (press enter), there are options available for slide fanarts at home there.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-09-18

(2012-09-17, 23:48)schumi2004 Wrote: @MarcosQui

I kinda miss the ability to quickly open addons instead of making it available under MY MENU (for example YouTube). Now i needed to open submenu videos under movies and select video addons there to have access to YouTube.

You can add most addons to Favourites then you can add that as a Main Menu or Sub_menu Item.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - atlind01 - 2012-09-18

(2012-09-18, 01:33)chippie Wrote:
(2012-09-17, 23:48)schumi2004 Wrote: @MarcosQui

You can add most addons to Favourites then you can add that as a Main Menu or Sub_menu Item.

But doesn't it limit you to just 10 entries ?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-09-18

Yes it does have a 10 item limit. I cannot think of 10 Addons I would want off my Main Menu. But I guess everyone uses XBMC differently.

You could always just add Video Addons to Favourites......