Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - newoski - 2012-07-02

Marcos,

We are not complaining.

We are voicing our opinions.

We love your work, we appreciate your work, we all use it differently.

(PS, I've donated previously and will donate again to thank you for your awesome work... We just want to share our opinions and hope that you can add them to the MQ4)

( :

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2012-07-02

@Ajedi, in top menu (second image) - In ART : path is from your root music folder..this solve your troubles with fanart.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - spleeker - 2012-07-02

is there an update on the status of the VIP alpha invitations? just waiting to get my hands on it

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Omegatron - 2012-07-02

(2012-07-02, 22:18)Wanilton Wrote: @Ajeodi, in ART path is from your root music folder..

Sorry, i sorry i dont understand.

With MQ3 i did the following:

in CDart addon: i set every path to c:\cdart

in this cdart folder are all the fanart of the artists i have music from. I have this in a seperate folder so i dont clutter my actual music folder. I remember marcos has changed MQ3 at one point on my request so we dont have fanart cdart and stuff cluttered in the music folder.

when i then go to the options in music i set path for extrafanart. in my case this is c:\cdart.
With MQ3 i now have the following when playing music: clearlogo, cdart, coverart and fanart backdrop.

Now with MQ4, presuming that all the settings are same as in MQ3, it doesnt work. What has changed in MQ4?

When you say "ART path is your root music folder" im getting the feeling that extrafanart and clearlogo has to be in the same folder as were the music is located. (the way it was before marcos changed it).?? I tried this but it still doesnt work.

But if you say that the extrafanart and clearlogo has to be in the same folder then this is a step backwars again. Since my music folder will be a complete mess again.

So can anyone please explain to me how to get the extrafanart working without putting all downloaded content from CDart-addon in the music folder??

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2012-07-02

@ Ajedi, this is how I organize my music here, in ART in this case I Set the path> MUSIC

Music
Music\Artist
folder.jpg
fanart.jpg
logo.png
Music\Artist\Extrafanart
Music\Artist\Album
folder.jpg
cdart.png

filenames and locations
cdart.png -> album folder level
folder.jpg -> album folder level
artist.jpg -> artist folder level
fanart.jpg -> artist folder level

Yes I Know is possible save extrafanarts and clearart with script cdart manager, in other folder, i need talk with Marcos, about extrafanarts.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Tobby - 2012-07-02

Would be great if there was an option to use Clearart and Logos. Use all existing Cleararts and use logos where clearart is missing. Just a mock-up. Woud look better if they lined up vertically. Also the ability set logos and clearart to collections

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Omegatron - 2012-07-02

(2012-07-02, 23:00)Wanilton Wrote: @ Ajedi, this is how work for me, in ART in this case I Set the path> MUSIC

Music
Music\Artist
folder.jpg
fanart.jpg
logo.png
Music\Artist\Extrafanart
Music\Artist\Album
folder.jpg
cdart.png

filenames and locations
cdart.png -> album folder level
folder.jpg -> album folder level
artist.jpg -> artist folder level
fanart.jpg -> artist folder level

Look here, for explain how work cdart script by Giftie: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77031&pid=1111997#pid1111997
Yes I Know is possible save extrafanarts and clearart with script cdart manager, in other folder, but i need talk with Marcos, how work in this case with skin.

From rotate in home - set muti-images in customizers - music, set path in local show in your image 1.

Wanilton

Thank you for your explenation i got 1 extrafanart working, the one thats called "extrafanart.jpg" but i have a folder named "extrafanart" with multiple images of a artist that its not using. so im not getting the rotation of multiple artist pictures in the extrafanart folder. Also when im standing on the music item i see the backdrop of the artis currently playing but when i move to movies the backdrop is changing to the movies backdrop (while listening to music)

But what i truly dont understand and is very frustrating, why is MQ4 created like this and why not like MQ3 is now. I dont understand why to reinvent the wheel when it worked perfect in MQ3. Why do we have the same issues that were fixed in MQ3 i really dont get it.

The way MQ3 worked was awsome. in MQ3 i have:

c:/music/adele
in this folder i have the albums, within these albums i only have folder.jpg and cdart.png

The extrafanart was located in my c:\cdart. In this folder i have hundreds of artist folders also artistst that are on collection cd's. all my extrafanart is stored here. so this way i was keeping my music folder clean. now with this you are forcing me to clutter up my music folder again why it was perfectly fine in MQ3.

im sorry i just dont get it. i know this is still a very early release and lot will change. therefore im testing it a lot (to give feedback) but i dont get that stuff is changing in MQ4 that made MQ3 so great, and most important it worked. setting up the skin is a lot harder in mq4 then in mq3. and no its not only about getting used to it im afraid.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - biochip - 2012-07-02

(2012-07-01, 18:14)biochip Wrote: I found one issue with CDarts. Is not showing them properly. Center hole from CDart is covered by I think MQ4 tamplate. It does not look nice. It also looks like CDart is aligned

one image, please.
[/quote]

On top from MQ4, on the bottom CDart from fanart.tv (central part is missing - is covered by MQ4 mask?)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MatLCFC - 2012-07-02

(2012-07-02, 20:13)Wanilton Wrote: @MatLCFC, what xbmc do you use (eden/frodo), what Operational System (linux, mac, windows)...text disappears (skin don´t load strings for your languages), what your language (is English)?

Look if exist strings.xml or strings.po in this path:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq.4\language\English

Frodo, Windows 7. Yes. the XML for English string exists in the folder.
The skin is working properly in the normal XBMC 12.

It is the version built with spotify that is not working:
https://hotfile.com/dl/155772936/4fb963e/XBMCSpotify.rar.html

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-07-03

(2012-07-02, 13:14)MarcosQui Wrote: Dear VIPs, please relax.

The skin is under construction, some things are fresh and need time getting used to. I already use the MY MENU for months and is great for me, you use only by 2 days and think that's bad, calm ..

The Alpha serves to do just that, see what needs to fix or change, if the majority think the MY MENU is bad then I can change, otherwise it gets.

For that everyone should participate, not just those who complain and complain ... without naming names. Cool

See a comparison:

Without MY MENU - Aeon MQ 3:

Add 5 + FAVORITES + 3 VPLAYLIST in main menu.

How to reach to item = Open the skin and scroll down dozens of times until you find the desired menu.

With MY MENU - Aeon MQ 4:

Include all items in MY MENU and use the REORDER to put it as the main focus when opening the skin.

How to get the item = up arrow.

What is the best method? Huh

Hey Marcos, many thanks for all of your hard work on MQ4!!!!

I understand that it a work in progress and so am going to see if the below may satisfy the "unsatisfied" few out here!

I think the My Menu works great but I also see where the other comments are coming from so would it be possible to do the following;

1. Have more than one My Menu, lets say 3 of them for example?
2. Will it be possible to have the My Menu home item actually work, for example I assign my playlist "Kids" to the My Menu (Home Menu) Item but if I select it, it does nothing, I have to Cursor Up or select a submenu item for it to do anyhing, this is the only thing that I am a little lost with as I would really like to just hit enter on the Main "My" Menu Item to access what I have assgined directly to it, just as all other Main Menu Items work.

Not sure if these are possible at this stage of development but as always I greatly appreciate all the work you have carried out here!

Oh, I also cannot rename any playlists/favourites etc... I add as main or submenu items, it tells me when in the Customize mode what it is assigned to but then when in real mode it just says vplaylist2 for example. Can this be changed as I would have though it should pickup the actual playlist or favourite name immediately and let you rename if you want to rather than naming them ?playlist#.

THANKS!!!!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2012-07-03

@chippie, about rename item in submenu, we have detected the error, and this has been fixed, will be released in alpha 2.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-07-03

(2012-07-03, 00:05)Wanilton Wrote: @chippie, about rename item in submenu, was with errors, but has since been fixed and will be released in alpha2.

Great! Thanks for the heads up! :-)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-07-03

(2012-07-02, 21:53)newoski Wrote: Marcos,

We are not complaining.

We are voicing our opinions.

We love your work, we appreciate your work, we all use it differently.

(PS, I've donated previously and will donate again to thank you for your awesome work... We just want to share our opinions and hope that you can add them to the MQ4)

( :

I know, I know, everything here is peace and love. Angel

(2012-07-03, 00:01)chippie Wrote: Hey Marcos, many thanks for all of your hard work on MQ4!!!!

I understand that it a work in progress and so am going to see if the below may satisfy the "unsatisfied" few out here!

I think the My Menu works great but I also see where the other comments are coming from so would it be possible to do the following;

1. Have more than one My Menu, lets say 3 of them for example?
2. Will it be possible to have the My Menu home item actually work, for example I assign my playlist "Kids" to the My Menu (Home Menu) Item but if I select it, it does nothing, I have to Cursor Up or select a submenu item for it to do anyhing, this is the only thing that I am a little lost with as I would really like to just hit enter on the Main "My" Menu Item to access what I have assgined directly to it, just as all other Main Menu Items work.

Not sure if these are possible at this stage of development but as always I greatly appreciate all the work you have carried out here!

Oh, I also cannot rename any playlists/favourites etc... I add as main or submenu items, it tells me when in the Customize mode what it is assigned to but then when in real mode it just says vplaylist2 for example. Can this be changed as I would have though it should pickup the actual playlist or favourite name immediately and let you rename if you want to rather than naming them ?playlist#.

THANKS!!!!

Chippie Hi, good to see you here.

See, each MY MENU add results in 10 recently added or random, it amounts to thousands of lines of code.

Understand that it is not because I do not want to do, just do not want to spoil the skin as it is.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2012-07-03

(2012-07-02, 23:39)MatLCFC Wrote:
(2012-07-02, 20:13)Wanilton Wrote: @MatLCFC, what xbmc do you use (eden/frodo), what Operational System (linux, mac, windows)...text disappears (skin don´t load strings for your languages), what your language (is English)?

Look if exist strings.xml or strings.po in this path:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq.4\language\English

Frodo, Windows 7. Yes. the XML for English string exists in the folder.
The skin is working properly in the normal XBMC 12.

It is the version built with spotify that is not working:
https://hotfile.com/dl/155772936/4fb963e/XBMCSpotify.rar.html

Well, in my tests, with this xbmc.exe you post, in windows 8, same happens in confluence, don´t work too, this is not offical release XBMC team, this trouble with text in menu, is not caused by skin Aeon MQ 4. Or this XBMC version you send run only in other OS?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - WO0kie - 2012-07-03

(2012-07-02, 20:02)MatLCFC Wrote: Great job Marcos. A few things will need tweaking but overall this skin is amazing! Well done.

What I think could be improved:
I would love a view like the one in Aeon Nox (called episode) for the artist page:
The views available eg coverflow/showcase work great for album/Video covers. But I think something similar to the view above works so well for Artists.

You have shrunk the Clear logo's so small I can hardly notice them. On the home screen, when an album is playing,they are almost completely obscured by the bio's.
I love the clear logo's & would like them to stand out a bit more.

Finally,

[WIP] XBMC + Spotify
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=67012

I have to build XBMC in order to use the fantastic spotify addon (link above). This works fine with MQ3 but with MQ4 most of the text disappears (below). What causes this, Is there anyway to get round it?

Once again. Congrats on the skin. It is the best skin by far! Feels like another big step forward.

I've been using SpotiMC Addon which seems to be working fine on Openelec 2.0 Beta 4 & Aeon MQ4. Didn't try SpotyXBMC2 as it sounded like more hassle to setup for Openelec as afaik due to legal reasons you need to compile yourself.

I am so far loving this skin a lot but would also love to see that Episode viewmode added if possible as I like using it for the (suprise suprise) Episodes page in TV shows.