Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - ikia - 2012-09-19

Hi There,

I have one question regarding openelec 2 and extrapacks, when i try to download them and install them it says update failed! Any one can help me?

regards Igor

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-09-19

(2012-09-19, 16:29)Skank Wrote: Am i and the other person being ignored?
There is nobody using mq4 and music? I hardly can believe....
With artist slideshow ive set it to use notifications and only 16:9 images to download from the 2 places ...
Although i have no art , it doesnt start downloading for all artists why?

Be patient, someone will help you eventually! I know for a fact that various people are away or involved in more pressing matters.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2012-09-19

(2012-09-19, 16:32)chippie Wrote:
(2012-09-19, 16:29)Skank Wrote: Am i and the other person being ignored?
There is nobody using mq4 and music? I hardly can believe....
With artist slideshow ive set it to use notifications and only 16:9 images to download from the 2 places ...
Although i have no art , it doesnt start downloading for all artists why?

Be patient, someone will help you eventually! I know for a fact that various people are away or involved in more pressing matters.

Ok i will Smile sometimes its hard.. I just love this skin!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - YOUNG13 - 2012-09-19

Would it be possible to add a fixed list option to the Poster view? I don't know if it's just me, but it bugs me when there are only a few or one seasons and you see all the duplicates. Same for movie sets.

TV Shows:

Movie set:

If this has been addressed before, I apologize.

Thanks

Despite it not bothering me I have to agree, think there should be a fixed view for all similar views...

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Avigrace - 2012-09-19

Yes, I agree too, when there are only a couple of eps/seasons it looks odd and I am never sure if I am on the first episode.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chrisuk11 - 2012-09-19

Thanks Chippie.

I have done this and when using the view - Extra Thumbnail it just shows the 4 boxes as blank.

If I change the background view under the art tab to show extra fanart, this cycles through the extra images.

So still a bit stuck Sad

(2012-09-19, 10:35)chippie Wrote:
(2012-09-18, 23:50)Vaikin Wrote: I have either a question or have found a problem with movie sets.

As shown in this picture here the posters on the bottom are not listed in the order that the movies were released. They are in fact listed alphabetically.
The sort options shown here apply only to the listing of the movie sets on the right hand side, not to the posters on the bottom within the set.

So, how can I sort the posters by release date? If I can't, why not?

Do you use local .nfo files with your movies?

If so you should have a field <sorttitle>Resident Evil 4</sorttitle>

This is what XBMC picks up to sort your movies. I am not sure if there is anyhing that can sort by release date but not all movie "sets" run in release date order, most do I know, but not all, by that I mean prequels etc... I think most people that do not use .nfo files actually name their movies correctly, "Die Hard 1", "Die Hard 2 - With a Vengeance" etc.... but I know this can be a pain! This comes back to the fact that using .nfo files with your collection really gives you so much more control over your library.

Anyway, perhaps Marcos can put in an option in the sets view to sort by year or premiered, bearing in mind that not each movie has a premiered tag so you still may get undesired results.
(2012-09-19, 09:07)chrisuk11 Wrote: I have now upgraded to mq4 and have decidd to try using some different views. what is the naming for the files so that the extra backdrops I have in the movie folders can be displayed as fanart?

Thanks

Wiki

That is strange, I do not use them myself, perhaps someone who does can say if theirs works correctly.

Another thing to try is to delete the movie from your library then rescrape again, see if that does the trick, if not and the fanart cycles with the extrafanrt then I assume it is a skin issue.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chrisuk11 - 2012-09-19

Fixed - the folder needs to be called extrathumbs Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Vaikin - 2012-09-19

It is not just some of my sets, it is all of them. They aren't small obscure sets either. Harry Potter, James Bond, Resident Evil, Underworld, X-Men. All sorted alphabetically where as in Nox they are sorted by date. Here's a screenshot showing mq4 sets and nox sets. here
(2012-09-18, 23:50)Vaikin Wrote: I have either a question or have found a problem with movie sets.

As shown in this picture here the posters on the bottom are not listed in the order that the movies were released. They are in fact listed alphabetically.
The sort options shown here apply only to the listing of the movie sets on the right hand side, not to the posters on the bottom within the set.

This is what XBMC picks up to sort your movies. I am not sure if there is anyhing that can sort by release date but not all movie "sets" run in release date order, most do I know, but not all, by that I mean prequels etc... I think most people that do not use .nfo files actually name their movies correctly, "Die Hard 1", "Die Hard 2 - With a Vengeance" etc.... but I know this can be a pain! This comes back to the fact that using .nfo files with your collection really gives you so much more control over your library.

Anyway, perhaps Marcos can put in an option in the sets view to sort by year or premiered, bearing in mind that not each movie has a premiered tag so you still may get undesired results.

(2012-09-19, 21:35)Vaikin Wrote: It is not just some of my sets, it is all of them. They aren't small obscure sets either. Harry Potter, James Bond, Resident Evil, Underworld, X-Men. All sorted alphabetically where as in Nox they are sorted by date. Here's a screenshot showing mq4 sets and nox sets. here

Ok so Nox by defaut sorts them by date where as MQ4 by name. I do not know if both skins use the same add-on or not as if not then the issue could be there. Still Marcos needs to enable the option to sort by Movie Date I guess.

My point before with the .nfo files was that if you use <sorttitle> it leaves you in control of the order of all your movies. So taking into regard any movies with a prequel where you would want the prequel to be listed before the earlier movies, sorting by date would not work correctly right! I know this is not completely relevant and also not the norm but as I do use .nfo files and use the <sorttitle> field I do not have the same issue as yourself.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - crimsonfury - 2012-09-19

(2012-09-19, 11:01)chippie Wrote:
(2012-09-19, 00:40)crimsonfury Wrote:
(2012-09-18, 13:28)chippie Wrote: Not sure what you mean by "can't get into" The In Progress, Random and Recently added are all displayed in the top bar now, Have you installed the AllinOne script as mentioned on Page 1 of this thread? Have you cursored up on to the names of the titles? There is also a new In Progress widget which just shows the last Movie and TV Episode you are in the process of watching.

Or do you mean you do not like them? The way to display them is different to the old widget style but I much prefer it now.

Yes I installed the allinone just fine. But I don't really care for the widgets. The widgets up top are way to small to see from my couch and I definitely can't read the episode titles above them from the couch... The widgets from Nox are much bigger and still have 8 most recent on screen and don't muddle up the screen with too much at once. I guess I just want the best of both worlds... Sad

I would like it if the widgets on the bottom that are bigger to be multiple thumbs in a row like up top but bigger.

Easy, get a bigger TV! LOL!

Sorry could not resist!

I can see mine ok, but then I do have quite a large screen, even so if you cannot read the names all you need to do is cursor up and you get a large widget for each move, scroll left/right through them. Did you also know you can change the larger widget for posters; on the main menu, movies, bring up the bottom menu hoghlight furniture, then select "Single Thump (Top Menu)" this gives a similar thing to the Nox widget with an added widget that pops up at the bottom with more info but you just have to cursor up to see it (which I prefer as it gives a cleaner look)

I think I'll stick with Nox... Their homescreen is more to my liking and the only feature missing that MQ4 has that I want is coming in Nox 4.0; Homescreen rearrange everything, menus and submenus too!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Asturia - 2012-09-19

Quick question.
Is it possible to add a shutdown option to the main menu bar?
I can't find the option.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - slandells - 2012-09-19

(2012-09-19, 21:35)Vaikin Wrote: It is not just some of my sets, it is all of them. They aren't small obscure sets either. Harry Potter, James Bond, Resident Evil, Underworld, X-Men. All sorted alphabetically where as in Nox they are sorted by date. Here's a screenshot showing mq4 sets and nox sets. here

I have my movies sorted by year in descending order (So I get all of this years movies sorted alphabetically, then last, etc...) and my Movie Sets do the same thing by default (I assumed they simply followed the parent folder formatting). I would rather see the movies in ascending order, so the first movie of the box set is the first I see, so I do this in the collections sub menu. The sub menu for Movie Sets is specific to that particular set, so you need to change it for each set...

I can add images if required, but it should be fairly straight forward...

Cheers.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Valdimarsson - 2012-09-19

Hi.

Everytime I try to download the Extrapack it fails saying Update failed.

Now I've tried to download it manually and upload to my HTPC with FTP. Now I get an error saying that there are files with a different kind of formatting (looks like china type) and Total Commander ask if I want to Convert them into readable formats.

Could it be that XBMC can't read the files because of the chinese language in the files? Because the problem happens almost at the same time when I want to download it on XBMC and when I try to upload it via FTP.

Hope I made myself clear Smile

BTW thanks for a great theme. It goes very well with my Hdhomerun Openelec PVR setup Wink

EDIT:

Found the file Total Commander wants to convert: \skin.extrapack.aeonmq.4\icons_gamesstudios\大宇资讯.png

And yes I found numeorus others with the same problem in this thread. I think if you just rename that file everything would be good to go Wink