Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - karlitoo - 2012-09-20

(2012-09-18, 18:40)chippie Wrote:
(2012-09-18, 18:21)karlitoo Wrote:
Quote:Why can not I add favorites to the main:

Quote:Exit XBMC then go back in, see if that helps.
It does not help.....
Quote:Also I assume you actually have added things to favourites
Yes
Quote: If it still does not work then what version of XBMC, what platform, are you running?
XBMCSetup 12.0 alpha1 (april merge window) master+HD-audio
windows 7 64 ultimate

Very strange, do not know what to suggest really. Could be a borked install or corupt guisettings but not think the latter has any bearing on the Favourites path.

Do you have favourites.xml in your userdata folder? Also make sure you have script.favourites in your addon folder although not positive if this is required or not.

First thing to try unless someone has any other suggestions is to exit xbmc and rename your guisettings.xml, you will lose all your skin settings but you can always rename it back if it does not help.

If that does not work then reinstall the skin and see if that helps.

Apart from the above do not know what to suggest really, do you have full admin rights to Win7? Are you using profiles in XBMC? If you go in to favourites normally, can you see your list there?

Thank you, but I tried everything and on the addition does not have favorites ..... I do not know what to do .... I checked the aeon nox everything works .....

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - embedded - 2012-09-20

The tv series background image went to black, how do i restore it to the default image?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - craney - 2012-09-20

Thanks chippie for your help earlier much appreciated. Still having a slight issue getting my live shows to work though. I scroll to the concerts menu and go files-add videos, i select my source which is located D:\media\my live gigs click ok and set them as movies as i have manually put there own metadata in via ember. The problem is whenever i now click on the concerts menu it just keeps telling me nothing is there and takes me to the add videos menu. The source i added earlier "my live gigs" is located there already and when i click on it it takes me to my files which is fine but i just dont understand why everytime i click on the "main concerts menu tab" it keeps telling me nothing is there and asking me to add videos when the source actually is there

Hope you can help matey, thanks again

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - scott967 - 2012-09-20

(2012-09-19, 23:46)Valdimarsson Wrote: Hi.

Everytime I try to download the Extrapack it fails saying Update failed.

Now I've tried to download it manually and upload to my HTPC with FTP. Now I get an error saying that there are files with a different kind of formatting (looks like china type) and Total Commander ask if I want to Convert them into readable formats.

Could it be that XBMC can't read the files because of the chinese language in the files? Because the problem happens almost at the same time when I want to download it on XBMC and when I try to upload it via FTP.

Hope I made myself clear Smile

BTW thanks for a great theme. It goes very well with my Hdhomerun Openelec PVR setup Wink

EDIT:

Found the file Total Commander wants to convert: \skin.extrapack.aeonmq.4\icons_gamesstudios\大宇资讯.png

And yes I found numeorus others with the same problem in this thread. I think if you just rename that file everything would be good to go Wink

Don't have an answer for you but AFAIK, all text in XBMC uses unicode so shouldn't be a problem. I had no problem downloading the extrapack, and for XBMC I would say over half of my filenames, music file ID3 tags and also local .nfos have non-latin characters in them so I would say XBMC has no problem with them (in Win7 but don't think that matters). Might add that FWIW that particular filename is using unicode "CJK Unified Ideographs" characters.

scott s.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - pepito62 - 2012-09-20

When a step by step tutorial on the images fanart musical wallpaper?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - scott967 - 2012-09-20

English (US) language file changes

If anyone interested found a couple (assumed) typos, THEUR should be THEIR and customizers should be customize (also in "English" files). Also I think for US English I replace favourites with favorites.

BTW found an issue which I don't recall seeing in other skins, accidentally changed the language which seems to take effect "on the fly" and it happened to be to Arabic. The default font doesn't cover that script so basically all text disappeared. Only way out was to kill XBMC and edit guisettings.xml back to English.

scott s.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-09-20

(2012-09-20, 04:25)Vaikin Wrote: I have my movies alphabetically, which makes sense the most for me. But, within a movie set alphabetically won't necessarily work so I prefer sorting by year, which works just fine. But, at the sets screen here the covers are in alphabetical order(for me) and I can not change it. If I actually enter the set, they are in year order like I want it(here), further more I can change what order they are displayed in once inside the set but it has no effect on their display in the first screenshot.

Edit: The sorttitle option does indeed work, but it means altering a whole bunch of nfo files manually and re-adding the movies to the database.
(2012-09-19, 23:41)slandells Wrote:
(2012-09-19, 21:35)Vaikin Wrote: It is not just some of my sets, it is all of them. They aren't small obscure sets either. Harry Potter, James Bond, Resident Evil, Underworld, X-Men. All sorted alphabetically where as in Nox they are sorted by date. Here's a screenshot showing mq4 sets and nox sets. here

I have my movies sorted by year in descending order (So I get all of this years movies sorted alphabetically, then last, etc...) and my Movie Sets do the same thing by default (I assumed they simply followed the parent folder formatting). I would rather see the movies in ascending order, so the first movie of the box set is the first I see, so I do this in the collections sub menu. The sub menu for Movie Sets is specific to that particular set, so you need to change it for each set...

I can add images if required, but it should be fairly straight forward...

Cheers.

Yes, Marcos will need to enable the Sort criteria (Name, Year.....etc..) in the Sets View, please log a ticket for this as detailed on the first page of this thread.
(2012-09-20, 05:10)slandells Wrote:
(2012-09-20, 04:05)saleem Wrote: I only see the above menu, how do I go to settings, exit or shut off system?

found my own answerSmile arrow down opens the window below.... what I am missing is "exit" there is shutdown, hibernate and other options but there is no exit, when I use exit I can log in ubuntu or xbmc

From my experience, "shutdown" (without tapping up to make a selection) actually just closes XBMC, doesn't shut the machine down... No guarantees tho :p

This is correct!

Perhaps Marcos can change the text from "SHUTDOWN" to "EXIT XBMC" to avoid confusion? ALthough once you know I guess it is not a problem! Big Grin
(2012-09-20, 06:26)snowboarder33 Wrote: Video playback doesn't take up the entire screen. Didn't have this problem with MQ3. Any suggestions?

Playback of what? All movies TV Shows? or just trailers? There is an option to playback Trailers in Full screen which needs to be enabled. (Cursor up in a Movie View to show top menu, select Media Info and enable "SHow Trailer in Fullscreen")

Can you please post a screenshot if the above does not fix the issue.

(2012-09-20, 07:08)karlitoo Wrote: Thank you, but I tried everything and on the addition does not have favorites ..... I do not know what to do .... I checked the aeon nox everything works .....

Ok, one more thing go to Customizations, add a favourite and when the blank page comes up leave it for a few minutes. I have seen on my system that somethimes it can take a few seconds to populate it but I run on pretty high hardware so it may take a little longer on yours......

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2012-09-20

(2012-09-20, 11:02)pepito62 Wrote: When a step by step tutorial on the images fanart musical wallpaper?

I think Marcos and Wanilton are kinda busy
Give em a spare time, i'm hoping they will help me too..
Now i get most art using universal scraper for album and artist scraping
Installed allineone script and artist slideshow..
I dont get discography and fanart for some artist now, rest is working
Some i dont get:

coldplay, u2, natalie imbruglia, ...

(2012-09-20, 10:42)craney Wrote: Thanks chippie for your help earlier much appreciated. Still having a slight issue getting my live shows to work though. I scroll to the concerts menu and go files-add videos, i select my source which is located D:\media\my live gigs click ok and set them as movies as i have manually put there own metadata in via ember. The problem is whenever i now click on the concerts menu it just keeps telling me nothing is there and takes me to the add videos menu. The source i added earlier "my live gigs" is located there already and when i click on it it takes me to my files which is fine but i just dont understand why everytime i click on the "main concerts menu tab" it keeps telling me nothing is there and asking me to add videos when the source actually is there

You need to set the source as "Music Videos" Big Grin

If you have done that then perhpas there is something in the .nfo files that is not allowing them the be scraped as Music Videos, as a test create a new folder and move/copy some of your music videos over (without .nfo files) then add that source as Music Videos to the library, let XBMC scrape the info as see if that helps.
(2012-09-20, 09:31)embedded Wrote: The tv series background image went to black, how do i restore it to the default image?

If you mean on the Home Screen then;

Cursor down until you see the bottom menu, select Customizations, highlight TV Shows, hit select (enter), select Restore Default Background.

If you mean in the actual TV Show views then;

Cursor up or left to see the top menu, select Art then make sure you have Default Fanart selected.

(2012-09-20, 11:15)scott967 Wrote: English (US) language file changes

If anyone interested found a couple (assumed) typos, THEUR should be THEIR and customizers should be customize (also in "English" files). Also I think for US English I replace favourites with favorites.

BTW found an issue which I don't recall seeing in other skins, accidentally changed the language which seems to take effect "on the fly" and it happened to be to Arabic. The default font doesn't cover that script so basically all text disappeared. Only way out was to kill XBMC and edit guisettings.xml back to English.

scott s.

Hi Scott,

If you have time you could edit the strings.xml files in the and send them to Marcos, am sure he would appreciate that.

With the language/font issue if you are sure it is only related to MQ4 then can you please log a bug as detailed on the first page of this thread.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Siutsch - 2012-09-20

Is it no longer possible to get Audio Visualisation "Milkdrop" in Fullscreen Mode?
Milkdrop is enabled in Audio Settings, als always.
I can only activate it in Home-Screen.

I used that with MQ3, cause I have a Philips AMBX Ambilight System.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - AllanDE - 2012-09-20

I really love MQ4, but yesterday I encountered a real bug. While browsing my movies, XBMC crashed and upon restart Confluence skin was active again.
I again had to choose MQ4 under "Appearance", but the entire skin was reset and I had to set up everything anew. This was very tiresom
and frightening that a crash can wipe out everything I set.

By the way:
I really loved the Multiwall in MQ2, is there anyway to import this viewtype into MQ4 or fruitless?
Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - craney - 2012-09-20

(2012-09-20, 11:36)chippie Wrote: [quote='craney' pid='1195797' dateline='1348130573']
Thanks chippie for your help earlier much appreciated. Still having a slight issue getting my live shows to work though. I scroll to the concerts menu and go files-add videos, i select my source which is located D:\media\my live gigs click ok and set them as movies as i have manually put there own metadata in via ember. The problem is whenever i now click on the concerts menu it just keeps telling me nothing is there and takes me to the add videos menu. The source i added earlier "my live gigs" is located there already and when i click on it it takes me to my files which is fine but i just dont understand why everytime i click on the "main concerts menu tab" it keeps telling me nothing is there and asking me to add videos when the source actually is there

You need to set the source as "Music Videos" Big Grin

If you have done that then perhpas there is something in the .nfo files that is not allowing them the be scraped as Music Videos, as a test create a new folder and move/copy some of your music videos over (without .nfo files) then add that source as Music Videos to the library, let XBMC scrape the info as see if that helps.
[quote='embedded' pid='1195747' dateline='1348126306']

Thanks chippy, will i still need to scrape it as music videos even though i have some live tv gigs in the same folder like lee evans etc? i have music live gigs and comedy live gigs in my live gigs folder.

I take it i still need to set the content of my "live gigs source" ie movie, music videos, tv series etc once i have selcted the source folder even though i have ember media manager dealing with all my metadata and setting up the nfo's for the files etc

Sorry if i am sounding confusing

(2012-09-20, 13:51)AllanDE Wrote: I really love MQ4, but yesterday I encountered a real bug. While browsing my movies, XBMC crashed and upon restart Confluence skin was active again.
I again had to choose MQ4 under "Appearance", but the entire skin was reset and I had to set up everything anew. This was very tiresom
and frightening that a crash can wipe out everything I set.

By the way:
I really loved the Multiwall in MQ2, is there anyway to import this viewtype into MQ4 or fruitless?
Thanks

Would not say this is a bug, XBMC crashed and wiped out your guisettings.xml for some reason, it can happen. As a precaution take a back of your guisettings.xml occasionally, I do, just in case!

The Multiwall question is probably a no, but am sure Marcos will advise once he is back.