Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Livin - 2012-07-03

(2012-07-02, 21:05)MarcosQui Wrote:
(2012-07-02, 17:49)Livin Wrote: ...Is MyMenu simply a Top Menu with Submenus?
... if this is the case, it is still potentially the same # of button presses to get to your desired it.
... and, as mentioned, placing (hiding) frequently used items in sub menus is not an intuitive design

If it is not a menu of menus then...

So, I'll check out MQ4 when it launches to see how it compares to Nox.

You have not yet received the MQ 4 and already has taken all these conclusions!? ....
I deserve Rolleyes

I had to... No one has described EXACTLY what MyMenu does. Thus I can make educated guesses to what it does based on the multiple, incomplete descriptions and knowing there are only certain possibilities give via the skinning engine. With this I formulated the 2 most likely ways MyMenu could work... and then explained why they are not appropriate replacements for separate multiple main menu choices.

Your skins are great, don't get me wrong. And you've done a very good job of integrating users wants/needs... no doubting that. I was trying, in the nicest way possible (not easy with just text) to explain why removing the feature of custom home menu items is a deal breaker for me... and seemingly for others too. It is not an insult to you or your work. I'm sure you realize there are thousands of ways people use XBMC, and just becasue what is efficient and effective for some of us, may not be for others. This is one of those cases where MyMenu is not efficient for us even though it might be for you.

I'd expect given the 3 different ways I've described use the cases it would be clear so I will stop posting on this now. Regards.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-07-03

(2012-07-03, 00:27)MarcosQui Wrote:
(2012-07-02, 21:53)newoski Wrote: Marcos,

We are not complaining.

We are voicing our opinions.

We love your work, we appreciate your work, we all use it differently.

(PS, I've donated previously and will donate again to thank you for your awesome work... We just want to share our opinions and hope that you can add them to the MQ4)

( :

I know, I know, everything here is peace and love. Angel

(2012-07-03, 00:01)chippie Wrote: Hey Marcos, many thanks for all of your hard work on MQ4!!!!

I understand that it a work in progress and so am going to see if the below may satisfy the "unsatisfied" few out here!

I think the My Menu works great but I also see where the other comments are coming from so would it be possible to do the following;

1. Have more than one My Menu, lets say 3 of them for example?
2. Will it be possible to have the My Menu home item actually work, for example I assign my playlist "Kids" to the My Menu (Home Menu) Item but if I select it, it does nothing, I have to Cursor Up or select a submenu item for it to do anyhing, this is the only thing that I am a little lost with as I would really like to just hit enter on the Main "My" Menu Item to access what I have assgined directly to it, just as all other Main Menu Items work.

Not sure if these are possible at this stage of development but as always I greatly appreciate all the work you have carried out here!

Oh, I also cannot rename any playlists/favourites etc... I add as main or submenu items, it tells me when in the Customize mode what it is assigned to but then when in real mode it just says vplaylist2 for example. Can this be changed as I would have though it should pickup the actual playlist or favourite name immediately and let you rename if you want to rather than naming them ?playlist#.

THANKS!!!!

Chippie Hi, good to see you here.

See, each MY MENU add results in 10 recently added or random, it amounts to thousands of lines of code.

Understand that it is not because I do not want to do, just do not want to spoil the skin as it is.

Thanks Marcos, its good to be around although do not have as much time as I used to.....or would like to.....

I understand your point about the code and thanks for answering.

Would it just be possible to make the initial item assigned to the My Menu Item a direct access one so hitting enter on the Main Menu "My Menu" item will action that favourite/playlist etc.... then any additional ones added as main My Menu items will appear above so you can Cursor up to access them?

In my scenario and am sure other as well, I have a Main My Menu Item "Kids" I hit enter it takes me to my "Kids" Playlist, Under this My Menu Item I have other playlists, Kids HD, Barbie (yes I have a daughter lol) etc.... So the submenu items work fine just think it would be nice to have the initial item assigned to the My Menu actually action on hitting "enter"

Other points am sure you will fix as it progresses;

1. There is no way (that I could find) to remove the names of the additional info eg. "GENRES:", "YEAR:", "DURATION:"
2. On the same subject it actuall says "YEARS:" Shoud be "YEAR:"
3. Be able to disable "ORIGINAL TITLE:" as you could in MQ3 = Compact View, I think

Some ideas/suggestions thrown out (these are just suggestions down to personal taste);

1. In the Pause screen I prefered the word "PAUSE" to be larger but not a major issue of course.
2. Have the option to disable the popup info at the bottom of the screen and have a simillar display as in MQ3 when paused. There is no permanent timeline anymore (have to hit "i" once the Plot details appear) and despite the new screen being nice I feel the MQ3 screen was laid out very well even though it lacked the plot and actors etc...
3. Center all the info on the Pause screen, I do not think it looks right with the movie title/year to the top left and the poster/plot/starring to the bottom right.Think it may look much nicer all centered on the sreen with the rating added to the tags at the bottom.
4. Small thing here, when you pause a movie for example and the screen dims after a short while if you then hit spacebar or one of the cursors to un-dim the screen it actually plays the movie or skips forward/back. Can this be changed so that an initial key press if the screen is dimmed just un-dims (re-focuses) the screen then subsequent key presses perform the action. This is how it worked in MQ3

As I said I know this is a work in progress and these are just ideas which I feel may make the skin more appealing but they are just suggestions and NOT requests :-)

Thanks again!

:-)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2012-07-03

@chippie, YEAR string, fixed, thanks for info.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - mindweaver - 2012-07-03

How do I change view to THIN LIST?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - kim1406 - 2012-07-03

I sent an email with my username yesterday, but I did not get anything yet.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - schumi2004 - 2012-07-03

(2012-07-03, 10:13)kim1406 Wrote: I sent an email with my username yesterday, but I did not get anything yet.

Patience, MarcosQui is very busy atm. It will be fixed, just wait.
Patience is a virtue Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-07-03

(2012-07-03, 10:13)kim1406 Wrote: I sent an email with my username yesterday, but I did not get anything yet.

I have already sent all the invitations so far, but there are many users that not yet activated the invitation. Please check your spam box or something, all VIP invitations were sent.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Ghostdivision - 2012-07-03

So far besides not being able to add an item to the main menu like before, I really have no other complaints, the skin is very nice and works very good.

Only thing I wouldnt mind, but please ignore if this is just simply something you would rather not add, or use from another skin.

In nox you can add lighting around menus and in showcase mode around the base where the movies sit on, also change the spotlight color, makes for nice customization. The only thing i would like to see in mq4.

Other then that its basically everything i could want.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - schumi2004 - 2012-07-03

Wanted to use this as main skin but since Live TV isn't fully functional i need to switch back to MQ3 for time being.

Just a small question, in the My Menu (i'm getting used to it) i see in left top corner a message saying favorites.xml can't be found.
Will this give me a sort of same view as recently added under movies and series?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-07-03

Played with the Home Screen for a little while now and am really starting to like it.

Thing is, some can be a little reluctant to big changes but once you look at all the settings and play around for a while etc... it really does become pretty intuitive. All I would say is do not write it off because you cannot add more than one Custom Main Menu Item but give it a good go and try out all the different settings.

There are a few things to iron out with My Menu but am sure they will be sorted in due course.

@Marcos, Are there any plans for the following?

1. Be able to re-order submenu items?
2. Be able to disable "Shutdown" from the submenus?
3. Set a default subemnu item for seperate Main Menu items, for example under Movies I would always like it to go to "Recently Added" This is not major though.

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Omegatron - 2012-07-03

Hi,

I played a lot with the home menu aswell and its not that one is reluctant to big changes its about the removing something that worked really well and was prefered by many. That is adding addons and such in the main menu and not using the "my menu". Im not saying that "my menu" is crap or anything for some its awsome but for me it is not and im sad if the option to put addons in the main menu wouldnt come back in MQ4. because this would mean for me i would stick to MQ3 that will be outdated when MQ4 gets its big release Sad

Also im wondering if anyone else has troubles with the artist fanart when listening to music. Marcos could you clearify if the settings to get artist fanart on rotation (multiple images from the artist) when listening to music has changed?

I always had my cdart manager content in a located in a different folder then my music folder. For that reason that i dont have a complete mess in my music folder. Marcos could you fix the skin so i can use extrafanart located somewhere else then my music folder when listening to music?

Can you please help me out with this?

Edit:

(2012-07-02, 23:00)Wanilton Wrote: @ Ajedi, this is how I organize my music here, in ART in this case I Set the path> MUSIC

Music
Music\Artist
folder.jpg
fanart.jpg
logo.png
Music\Artist\Extrafanart
Music\Artist\Album
folder.jpg
cdart.png

filenames and locations
cdart.png -> album folder level
folder.jpg -> album folder level
artist.jpg -> artist folder level
fanart.jpg -> artist folder level

Yes I Know is possible save extrafanarts and clearart with script cdart manager, in other folder, i need talk with Marcos, about extrafanarts.

i tested this this out, i did exactly like wantilon did and with 1 artist i got 1 backdrop when playing music. I think it used the fanart.jpg. But it doesnt do anything with the other images in the extrafanart folder. Is it correct that this isnt working atm and that you can have only 1 image when listening to an artist.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - newoski - 2012-07-03

Marcos,

Is the new menu supposed to overlap the movie like this?

Owen

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - freebs - 2012-07-03

Anyone not having the fonts show up in the menus ?
I have nothing on main menu or skin options.. Am I missing something ?

thanks for any help..

This is my own compiled PVR verison of XBMCbuntu.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - pingomister - 2012-07-03

I am not surprised with the criticism that MQ4 has received. This is a major skin redesign. I think that if users were asked, in advance, if they would trade adding items to the main menu for having it all concentrated in a single "My Menu", most would probably decline.

However, the "My Menu" feature and the possibility of re-organizing all items are welcome. But being unable to add new items to the main menu, or create more than one "My Menu", are very questionable design choices.

The new sub-menu in the home screen (with quick personalization), is very squared and doesn't feel "organic". Same goes for items in the top menus in the home page: instead of showing live thumb previews of all items, all we see is a small rectangular button (barely visible actually), and the thumb preview is shown only when scrolling through each item. Same as in Recent Movies or episodes or whatever: we do not get a visually appealing preview of all items, only small rectangles. Scrolling through the main menu becomes boring: you have to press "up" to see thumbs and details of items or Add-ons. This is not visually impressive at all.

Another thing that Aeon MQ4 falls short in comparison with Aeon Nox is the amount of widgets available. Of course, MQ4 is lighter and faster, but not that much really.

Still, changes can certainly be made, before the official release, to make MQ4 more visually interesting and more flexible in terms of customization, if Marcos wishes so. Congratulations anyway for all the work.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - hentai23 - 2012-07-03

cant wait for the full release , keep up the nice work marcos as usual

p.s: pingomister has a point thou