Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - archie456 - 2012-10-01

OK, I'm plainly doing something wrong as I cannot get the fan art to work...

... This is what I'm doing - am I doing anything wrong?

1. Delete userdata folder from profile - just to reset everything.
2. Start XBMC, which loads with Confluence skin
3. Go to Music, and select Add Source, and find my music files (which I've set up with MusicBrainz Picard) - The music folder is added to the list just above 'Add Source'
4.Right click the folder and select 'Make Default', then right click again and select 'Scan to Library' - a small box appears in the top right corner scanning the files.
5. Click the flyout - View Options - and select Library Mode
6. Click the flyout again - and select View: Fan Art
7. Swap to Aeon mQ4 skin

Select Music, and then albums, Change view to Low List, I get no other pics in the background - i.e. the fan art??

When I play music, I just get the album cover on the left, tracks in the middle and the main window above is kinda a blue blobby picture.

Am I missing something??

Cheers.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - scott967 - 2012-10-01

(2012-09-30, 06:02)gabsaoleo Wrote: Hey, MarcosQui. How do I set up your skin so I can use both Korean and English fonts? I've tried downloading korean fonts but it didn't work. Some movies I have contain Korean characters, how do I show them properly?

I have been working on this for a while. The main problem is that there are 14 different fonts called for in the skin (actually 15, but one is just symbols so isn't an issue). Looking at some threads on other Aeon skins, it was suggested to merge the 14 fonts with the Arial Unicode MS font that comes with MS Office. The problem is dealing with some technical issues with true-type fonts that XBMC uses (at least for me). There's two font editors I found that are freeware, FontForge and TypeLight. I couldn't get a satisfactory merge of the MS font with the MQ4 ones with either program. So I started looking at alternatives. One suggestion was to just replace all the MQ4 fonts with the XBMC version of arial font. That font has pretty complete coverage. You can easily test this without messing things up by opening up the font.xml file from the MQ4 skin addon, copying and pasting one of the 2 "fontset" sections at the end of the file, renaming the fontset from "default" or "cyrillic" to "arial" and replacing all the references to the MQ4 ttf fonts to arial.ttf. That way you can go back and forth using the settings/appearance menu to try both fonts out.

But I wanted to keep the look and feel of the MQ4 fonts, so I looked for an alternative. I found an open source font CyberCJK.ttf. (Bitstream CyberCJK Roman). This font has coverage of CJK unified ideographs and CJK Extension A, Hangul syllables, Hiragana, and Katakana. It's not the best looking as it's based on Roman (a serif font), but so far in my testing it seems OK when merged with the default fonts. A drawback is that each font file weighs in at about 12Mb, so for all 14 fonts it's a lot of data, might be an issue on low-powered systems.

I've only been testing in "future" style in MQ4, not sure about the others yet.

scott s.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - schumi2004 - 2012-10-01

Anyone else having problems showing trailers in MQ4? I don't see it in window nor in fullscreen mode. Just a black screen.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - gabsaoleo - 2012-10-02

Hi, there. Can you include support for Korean characters? I'm currently using the Korean version of your plugin but I don't believe it'll be updated as often as your build. I can't see the movies with Korean titles in your skin so I'm using Aeon MQ4-Korean MOD. I speak Korean but I'm NOT Korean. Thank you so much.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - ailingcoot - 2012-10-02

Could anyone see the screenshot from Post #1 or #2?
Any details in difference between Aeon MQ3 and MQ4Huh

Update: did a search and watch the youtube video, absolutely amazing.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - dirtymurt - 2012-10-02

couple of observations:

1) in showcase view in Music, the genre descriptions don't appear

2) is there any way, once you select a film and goto info mode, the curser could go to Play rather than anything else automatically

3) the fonts on the wether screen are unnecessarily large and colourful, could do with an option to change this more in line with the fonts that appear in the detail views when you click on weather

otherwise impressive.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - zepo - 2012-10-02

Anyone got the HDDVD flag to show correct?, the files with HDDVD or HD-DVD in filename show the DVD flag.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Beer40oz - 2012-10-02

(2012-10-01, 16:58)Tobby Wrote:
(2012-10-01, 11:08)Beer40oz Wrote: Movies and TV Shows Recently added there is nothing... when I go up to show them I see nothing.

Don't I suppose to see the last 10 or 5 ?

Do I suppose to enable something?
Same here

Ok I am not alone... anyone else?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - pigeldi - 2012-10-02

(2012-10-02, 12:36)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-10-01, 16:58)Tobby Wrote:
(2012-10-01, 11:08)Beer40oz Wrote: Movies and TV Shows Recently added there is nothing... when I go up to show them I see nothing.

Don't I suppose to see the last 10 or 5 ?

Do I suppose to enable something?
Same here

Ok I am not alone... anyone else?

Yes, installed it today but do not see anything there.

Another thing: The files view does not display the size of a file any more, in MQ3 it did. That makes it also impossible to distinguish between a folder and a file.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-10-02

Hello everyone, I'm back from vacation and I will begin to resolve the few bugs that were reported.

Beer40oz, as described on the first page of this topic, to get the latest/random/progress items, you need to install the script AllinOne, on this repository:

http://mod-skin.googlecode.com/files/repository.claymic-1.0.1.zip

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - asdeane - 2012-10-02

Loving the new Skin updates, but I'm pushing out messages and not getting anything back?

I recently asked if anyone had problems using remote on Live TV with Eden v11 and mq4?

Outside livetv everything works using an MCE remote, with ehome drivers on win 7. But I can only navigate using ok, left, right etc. I cannot, pause, play or move back in livetv unless I open control menu with ok button?

Any thoughts?

Is it possible to edit guide layout, add genre colours to guide etc.

Regards
Asdeane

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Beer40oz - 2012-10-02

(2012-10-02, 13:24)MarcosQui Wrote: Hello everyone, I'm back from vacation and I will begin to resolve the few bugs that were reported.

Beer40oz, as described on the first page of this topic, to get the latest/random/progress items, you need to install the script AllinOne, on this repository:

http://mod-skin.googlecode.com/files/repository.claymic-1.0.1.zip

Perfect! can't believe I did not read that.

This skin is wonderful. Hope you had a great vacation and got your mind cleared for some programming.

Big Grin

Thank you for your work.

Issue I am having when you are in kiosk mode and on the main menu when you press down you see SHUTDOWN...
But that only exits xbmc...

In xbmc's menu I do have it set to SHUTDOWN the system...

SYSTEM--OPTIONS----POWER SAVING--- SHUTDOWN FUNCTION ---- SHUTDOWN

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2012-10-02

Welcome back Marcos! Hope you enjoyed your well deserved holiday!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Omegatron - 2012-10-02

Hi, im not sure if the following is a bug or a setting i cant find but when i listen to music i have the artist backdrop, spinning cd, album cover and clearlogo in main menu. But the artist image slideshow (the small pictures on the left side) arent popping up when listening to music. instead i need to press up (in main menu) and select "get artist info" then it takes me to the artist information where the thumbnails/artist pictures do pop up. then going back to main menu the pictures appear. I have to do this every single time when listening to music even when i listen to the same artist before.
With MQ3 this worked perfect and above all, automaticly.

So is this a bug or a setting?

Also, how do i get the artist info like in this picture?

for me it stays empty and only says "similar artist"

anyone? Marcos?

edit: i reported the following bug officialy in MQ3 but now in MQ 4i still get "error: addon.py when" running The trailers addon. This error doesnt pop-up with Confluence skin and i remember people saying it was a skin issue. Since i reported this before...... will there be a fix for this?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - scott967 - 2012-10-02

(2012-10-02, 00:15)gabsaoleo Wrote: Hi, there. Can you include support for Korean characters? I'm currently using the Korean version of your plugin but I don't believe it'll be updated as often as your build. I can't see the movies with Korean titles in your skin so I'm using Aeon MQ4-Korean MOD. I speak Korean but I'm NOT Korean. Thank you so much.

Did you see my previous post?

Here is what I have in test:

scott s.