Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - bkimbel - 2012-10-03

(2012-10-03, 01:19)bkimbel Wrote: First of all I have to say this skin is amazing, and I have absolutely nothing to complain about. I love everything you've done with it. However, I have a bit of a problem in that when I see something that looks like it's missing, I have to figure out how to fill it. Anyway, I've noticed that in "Party Mode" with "Activate Plot Rolling" turned on, there's a screen with data elements missing. Any idea how I can fill them? (Sorry, I'm not sure how to insert screenshots, but I'm trying here)

I think this is the screenshot:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6565786/screenshot003.png

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - turbomettwurst - 2012-10-03

(2012-10-03, 19:12)umanbean Wrote: Can someone please explain how I get the top bar to correctly show recently added etc... I installed the repo.claymic (as linked on page one) When I installed it it says its installed but i looked everywhere and can't find it. Should it be under installed addons because its not and its not working at all.Im using xbmc 12 September release could that be the reason??

Secondly how do I jump staright to music now playing view in Full Screen wihout having to back click about six times to get there?

Thanks for any help offered. This is by far the most fantastic skin and thee are the only problems I am having.

it's a repo, not an addon.
It itself does not show up under installed addons but extends your available addons.
Go To Get Addons --> Repo Claymic --> Program Addons and install the right version of allinone

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - rflores2323 - 2012-10-03

where do I unzip the extra package for an atv1 with crystalbuntu? I tried to install with script but it gives me a fail error.

I dont have any folders in below so where do I put this extra package so that MQ4 reads it??

/usr/local/share/xbmc/userdata

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - umanbean - 2012-10-03

(2012-10-03, 19:18)turbomettwurst Wrote:
(2012-10-03, 19:12)umanbean Wrote: Can someone please explain how I get the top bar to correctly show recently added etc... I installed the repo.claymic (as linked on page one) When I installed it it says its installed but i looked everywhere and can't find it. Should it be under installed addons because its not and its not working at all.Im using xbmc 12 September release could that be the reason??

Secondly how do I jump staright to music now playing view in Full Screen wihout having to back click about six times to get there?

Thanks for any help offered. This is by far the most fantastic skin and thee are the only problems I am having.

it's a repo, not an addon.
It itself does not show up under installed addons but extends your available addons.
Go To Get Addons --> Repo Claymic --> Program Addons and install the right version of allinone

Excellent. Thanks for the clarity and speedy reply. All working now and looking great.

Any help with Now Playing much appeciated if anyone can suggest a way to do it with this skin?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - turbomettwurst - 2012-10-03

(2012-10-03, 20:01)umanbean Wrote: Any help with Now Playing much appeciated if anyone can suggest a way to do it with this skin?

if i understood you correctly you can simply press up in the main menu which will lead you to a set of mini controls, one of them being the playlist....

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Omegatron - 2012-10-03

(2012-10-02, 21:42)Ajedi Wrote: Hi, im not sure if the following is a bug or a setting i cant find but when i listen to music i have the artist backdrop, spinning cd, album cover and clearlogo in main menu. But the artist image slideshow (the small pictures on the left side) arent popping up when listening to music. instead i need to press up (in main menu) and select "get artist info" then it takes me to the artist information where the thumbnails/artist pictures do pop up. then going back to main menu the pictures appear. I have to do this every single time when listening to music even when i listen to the same artist before.
With MQ3 this worked perfect and above all, automaticly.

So is this a bug or a setting?

Also, how do i get the artist info like in this picture?

for me it stays empty and only says "similar artist"

anyone? Marcos?

edit: i reported the following bug officialy in MQ3 but now in MQ 4i still get "error: addon.py when" running The trailers addon. This error doesnt pop-up with Confluence skin and i remember people saying it was a skin issue. Since i reported this before...... will there be a fix for this?

any thoughts on this Marcos?

thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2012-10-03

Im also getting the error addon.py with mq4 when using the trailers

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - TeKo - 2012-10-03

This is just really strange I have 3 mkvs:
One shows as DEU, one as GER and one as ENG
Every file has the german language track set as default and its selected as "ger (german)".
Nfo has right information and lists the tracks as:

<language>deu</language>
<longlanguage>German</longlanguage>

For all three.

Is it normal that mkvpropedit doesnt show me anything?

I open a file and I could edit stuff but I cant see how many tracks there are or what language they are in.

(2012-10-03, 16:03)chippie Wrote:
(2012-10-03, 15:50)TeKo Wrote:
(2012-10-03, 14:28)chippie Wrote: If you are referring to the movie tags/flags then these are normally embedded in .mkv, .avi files etc... as the Audio Language or can be manually set in the filename.

Can you give some examples of where these are different for you, what view, what type of files, the file names etc...

Ehm I think its Coverflow the one with just large covers.

Yea I know its in the files but where does the skin gets its info from.
Directly from the file, from the nfo (created with Ember) or is it stored in the XBMC Database?

I checked the files and they are all set to "ger" with mkvedit thing (cant remember the exact name).

Check what info is in Ember, compare two which display different tags as all I can assum is that the .nfo is over-writing the embedded info but remember that not all movies will have that info embedded in the file itself.

There is an option Settings/Video/File Lists/Extract Thumbnails and Video Information which tells XBMC to pull the info from the file itself but am not sure if the .nfo or the embeded info takes priority. Obvioulsy Ember will scrape the same info into the details in the .nfo but if there is no language tag in the file itself am not sure if ember has a seperate language or country field which XBMC picks up instead.

To get around this I spent a lot of time getting all my files in order, I batch converted all my video files to .mkv then I used JMkvpropedit to set the correct Video, Audio and subtitle tags on all my files. Then I re-scraped all the tags again using Media Companion (I prefer it over Ember) Now all my info is in sync and I never have any tags out of place.

Figured it out...

if the track is forced it shows as GER
if its only default it shows as DEU
if the german track is only AC3 and english is at least DTS it shows ENG even tho german is first and default track.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Ripthorn - 2012-10-03

(2012-10-03, 15:44)turbomettwurst Wrote: Link to the Script-Addon Package: http://sektor7g.net/xbmc/mq4/addons_skin_aeon_MQ4.rar
Backdrops: http://sektor7g.net/xbmc/mq4/skin.extrapack.aeonmq.4.zip

These are from my HD and may be outdated, always use a official source if possible as it may be more current

Thank you Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - tinybutstrong - 2012-10-04

(2012-10-03, 18:45)rflores2323 Wrote: Is there a way to make the fonts bigger? I have a 110 in screen and the fonts look pretty small?

I have the same feeling, recently I tried Aeon Nox skin and it has better font size by default.

In MQ4 is hard to change size in fonts.xml since it has too common names used in many places. In MQ3 it has more unique names for several items on skins, was easy to change each item desired. Anyway, would be better if marcos make a revision of default size increasing a little more, just a little.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-10-04

(2012-10-03, 18:58)MarcosQui Wrote:
(2012-10-03, 16:28)chippie Wrote: @Marcos,

I mentioned this before but wanted to bring it up again. Perviously in the MQ4 build you have an option under TVShows "Perfer Poster,jpg" or similar which is no longer there.

Can we please have some clarification or have the option put back please?

The reasons are;

1. All external scrapers Ember, Media Companion scrape the posters as "season01.tbn" etc...
2. Artwork Downloader scrapes them as "season1-poster.jpg" etc...

By default MQ4 seems to pick up option 1; "season01.tbn" So how do you switch to the artwork downloaded by artwork downloader?

Thanks.

I think you are making some confusion, the option to show poster.jpg still there, in the same location, TOP MENU / ART.

Also the only accepted name for this event is poster.jpg, is use something different the skin will not recognize the image. It was ever thus, since MQ 3.

The option prefer poster instead of miniature was used in MQ 3, only in full screen, OSD, something that is no longer used in MQ 4. Anyway it was something quite different from what you want.

Hi Marcos,

OK, my bad, I should have been more specific, I am referring to the Season Poster views and not the TVShow Views, sorry!

By using the "Use Poster.jpg" switch in TVShow view it changes the cover between folder.jpg and Poster.jpg which is great but it would be nice to also have this under the Season views.

Can the "Show Poster.jpg" option be added to the season views please?

Beg to differ with your second point as all my Season views pick up "season??.tbn" and not "season?-poster.tbn" (Hence the request to add "Show Poster.jpg" under Seasoon Views. I have both in the folder as one is from Media Companion/Ember and the other from Artwork Downloader and very often they are different.

I think the differences stem from the fact that you may be talking about a structure where each season is in a seperate folder whereas mine are all in one folder and am sure many other people also have it this way. I just feel the skin should be able to handle both structures.

So... in TVShow view, if I enable "Show Poster.jpg" it uses the poster.jpg in the TVShow folder. If I disable the option it uses folder.jpg. In Season View it always shows the season??.jpg image, there is no way I can select the season?-poster.jpg image.

This is not a mojor issue just a nice to have really as there is obviously a disconnect between the naming standard between the external scrapers and the way Artwork Downloader scrapes the posters when all the series are in one folder.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - dajoip - 2012-10-04

I apologize if this has been detailed before, but I'm struggling to get my weather properly setup. I did download and install the Weather Underground add-on .zip file that was posted but I don't know what to do after that. Do I just type in the name of my city for the location, or do I need to find a location code? Is there anything else I need to do to get it setup and displaying info correctly? Thanks in advance!
(2012-10-03, 15:44)turbomettwurst Wrote: Link to the Script-Addon Package: http://sektor7g.net/xbmc/mq4/addons_skin_aeon_MQ4.rar
Backdrops: http://sektor7g.net/xbmc/mq4/skin.extrapack.aeonmq.4.zip

These are from my HD and may be outdated, always use a official source if possible as it may be more current

Curious how to install the scripts from the .rar add-on package...?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - tinybutstrong - 2012-10-04

Don't need to install, scripts are used by skins on demand, so just extract to addons folder in your profile.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - rflores2323 - 2012-10-04

Ok here are some things that I would like to see if I can change

ON the below picture the media tags are not showing up since the plot and osd is overlapping. How can I change this.

How can I change the media icons from black to white on showcase view?? ie dts, blueray, etc... Its too dark. Nevermind... Found tje setting to.change

HOw can I make the recently added movie title or tv show name text brighter since its a dark grey right now and hard to see.

Is there a way to have the recently added view show the posters automatically without having to scroll to the top? Another thing.. How can I add a log off button on the main menu since I am regularly switching profiles for my kids to view their movies/tv shows?

This skin is awesome. got it working on my atv1 and working smoothly.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - tommymsw - 2012-10-04

Is it possible to change the case color like shown on the first page? Or was that just an idea? I see some people ask, but no reply on how to do it. Smile