Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - umanbean - 2012-10-05

Hi,
I am trying to get the Music tab set up like on the video help file posted on youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x59NB-jOf2U#!

The help video runs so fast its impossible to follow the set up required easily!. I am running xbmc 12 Sept release and have installed cdart etc. However I cannot see how you get clearart working , sometime it does but mostly it doesnt. In the video help the cd plays and immediately goes to music vizualization screen with apparantly no user intervention other than selecting to play the file. How is this done? I am still having huge problems getting the music vizualization (now playing) screen to show without repeated back clicks of the remote. If it can be shown immediately the file is played how is this done please?.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - dajoip - 2012-10-05

Still looking for help on this issue, if someone could give me some advice with setting up the weather!

(2012-10-04, 15:55)dajoip Wrote: I apologize if this has been detailed before, but I'm struggling to get my weather properly set up. I did download and install the Weather Underground add-on .zip file that was posted but I don't know what to do after that. Do I just type in the name of my city for the location, or do I need to find a location code? Is there anything else I need to do to get it setup and displaying info correctly? Thanks in advance!

Just an update - I'm using the Aeon MQ4 skin on XBMC 11.0 Eden. I downloaded and installed the 0.1.11 Weather Underground add-on .zip file but I've tried typing in "Grand Rapids, Michigan" or my zip code of 49315 and nothing updates, even if I exit out of XBMC and restart it. Should I be using my zip code, or should I use a specific weather station code (the closest one is KMIGRAND58)?

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2012-10-05

For alternate color case, go to movies (collections), select view mode with case, press up arrow, top menu, select Media Info, Use Media Case set ON, press enter Customize Case, done

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - StinDaWg - 2012-10-05

(2012-10-05, 15:20)chippie Wrote:
(2012-10-05, 05:35)StinDaWg Wrote: How do I make MQ4 run fast like MQ3? 4 is really slow navigating between menus and especially loading the homepage. Everything takes 2-3 times longer to load.

Also the menu buttons (FF, RW, Stop, settings, ect) don't work right on the OSD during playback. When you try to click on something with a mouse it just keeps scrolling or doesn't do anything.

What platform are you running on, what version of XBMC?

The only thing that springs to mind if your hardware is up to scratch is to make sure you have the correct version of the AllinOne script installed as this can potentially cause slowdows if it is not correct.

Windows 8 x64 with Eden 11. I don't even have the AllinOne script installed. I've gotten rid of all the home screen options except for tv and movies. I even tried MQ4 Skinners Edition and it is the same speed. MQ3 and Aeon Nox is blazing fast in comparison. I'm running an older 2 GHz Athlon X2 processor with an SSD, but that doesn't explain why MQ4 is so much slower.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - scott967 - 2012-10-06

(2012-10-05, 19:18)umanbean Wrote: Hi,
I am trying to get the Music tab set up like on the video help file posted on youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x59NB-jOf2U#!

The help video runs so fast its impossible to follow the set up required easily!. I am running xbmc 12 Sept release and have installed cdart etc. However I cannot see how you get clearart working , sometime it does but mostly it doesnt. In the video help the cd plays and immediately goes to music vizualization screen with apparantly no user intervention other than selecting to play the file. How is this done? I am still having huge problems getting the music vizualization (now playing) screen to show without repeated back clicks of the remote. If it can be shown immediately the file is played how is this done please?.

FWIW I d/led a couple of those tutorials so I could play them back at 1/4 speed which helps, but still hard for me to follow as it isn't always clear to me what the objective and approach is, so at some point it seems like random button clicking. It is a good start, though so thanks to dev for putting them up.

scott s.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - bwhinnen - 2012-10-06

(2012-10-05, 21:30)StinDaWg Wrote:
(2012-10-05, 05:35)StinDaWg Wrote: How do I make MQ4 run fast like MQ3? 4 is really slow navigating between menus and especially loading the homepage. Everything takes 2-3 times longer to load.

Also the menu buttons (FF, RW, Stop, settings, ect) don't work right on the OSD during playback. When you try to click on something with a mouse it just keeps scrolling or doesn't do anything.

The only thing that springs to mind if your hardware is up to scratch is to make sure you have the correct version of the AllinOne script installed as this can potentially cause slowdows if it is not correct.

Windows 8 x64 with Eden 11. I don't even have the AllinOne script installed. I've gotten rid of all the home screen options except for tv and movies. I even tried MQ4 Skinners Edition and it is the same speed. MQ3 and Aeon Nox is blazing fast in comparison. I'm running an older 2 GHz Athlon X2 processor with an SSD, but that doesn't explain why MQ4 is so much slower.

I am seeing similar issues with the latest Frodo ALPHA7 builds of OpenElec. Navigating back to the home screen (calling home.xml) causes a very long delay. I do not have allinone installed (I did at one stage). When running Frodo ALPHA5 builds of OpenElec I do not see the same delays. I see the following in the logs:

Code:
08:40:54 T:3016488704   DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 1774028:ae 0 KEY_EXIT devinput (KEY_EXIT)
08:40:54 T:3016488704   DEBUG: OnKey: menu (d8) pressed, action is ParentDir
08:40:54 T:3016488704   DEBUG: CGUIWindowManager::PreviousWindow: Deactivate
08:40:54 T:3016488704   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (MyVideoNav.xml) ------
08:40:54 T:3016488704   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating Skin.Reset(trailermode)
08:40:54 T:3016488704   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : To Skin.Reset(trailermode)
08:40:54 T:3016488704   DEBUG: CGUIWindowManager::PreviousWindow: Activate new
08:40:54 T:3016488704   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (Home.xml) ------
08:40:54 T:3016488704    INFO: Loading skin file: Home.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
08:40:55 T:3016488704   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating Skin.Reset(trailermode)
08:40:55 T:3016488704   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : To Skin.Reset(trailermode)
08:40:55 T:3016488704   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating Skin.Reset(trailers)
08:40:55 T:3016488704   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : To Skin.Reset(trailers)
08:40:55 T:3016488704   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating Skin.Reset(musictrailers)
08:40:55 T:3016488704   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : To Skin.Reset(musictrailers)
08:40:55 T:3016488704   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating Skin.Reset(trailerplay)
08:40:55 T:3016488704   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : To Skin.Reset(trailerplay)
08:40:55 T:3016488704   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating Skin.Reset($INFO[skin.string(custom_code)])
08:40:55 T:3016488704   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : To Skin.Reset()
08:40:55 T:3016488704   ERROR: Keymapping error: no such action 'skin.reset()' defined

Not sure if the ERROR is relevant at all on the last line.

Other than the long periods of time taken to get back to the home screen everything appears to be working as expected.

Thanks,

Brett

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-10-06

If not tried already, then rename your guisettings.xml (make a copy as well to be safe) then go back in the XBMC, see fi that helps, it may just be the settings have become bloated. You will have to re-configure all your skins but if it does not help you can always just copy the other one back.

There must be somehting casuing this as very few people have complained about the speed and mine ceertainly runs fine with 23,000 TV Episodes and 9,000 movies.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - BrainSturm - 2012-10-06

I still need help with the All in One addon from Claymic.

At first it didn't show up at all....after some time it started to show up but still seems bugged or I have no idea how it should work and what it does ^^

Example: I started S1 E1 of 2 broke girls....stopped after 5 minutes, went to the main menu....The show popped up with the all in one plugin and I could have continued watching it.
Instead I opened the TV section and started an episode of My Name is Earl. After a few minues I stopped it and went back to the main menu.

Now 2 things can happen:
1. There still is only the 2 broke girls show on the main menu which I could continue to watch. And when I watch the whole episode until the end it automatically switches to S1 Ep2 on the main menu.
In this case My Name is Earl never shows up, although I started watching it after the 2 broke girls episode....so in my understanding My Name is Earl should be on the main menu as it was the last show I started to watch.

2. The All in One Plugin shows My Name is Earl on the Main Menu for about a second or so and then it switches back to 2 Broke girls....and again I can only select continue to watch 2 broke girls where I left off...

How exactly should this plugin work...any idea what I am doing wrong?

I have the latest version of eden installed, the eden version of the all in one addon...

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - StinDaWg - 2012-10-06

(2012-10-06, 01:08)chippie Wrote:
(2012-10-05, 15:20)chippie Wrote: What platform are you running on, what version of XBMC?

If not tried already, then rename your guisettings.xml (make a copy as well to be safe) then go back in the XBMC, see fi that helps, it may just be the settings have become bloated. You will have to re-configure all your skins but if it does not help you can always just copy the other one back.

There must be somehting casuing this as very few people have complained about the speed and mine ceertainly runs fine with 23,000 TV Episodes and 9,000 movies.

Already tried that, doesn't help. There's a greater delay going back to the home screen compared to anything else like the poster above noted. It's easily 4-5 seconds where MQ3 is 1.5-2 seconds tops. Are you saying that MQ4 runs as fast as MQ3 on your system, and that is the expected result?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-10-06

Well it looks like the above poster is only experiencing this with the latest frodo nightly.

Yes, mine runs the same but I run on pretty high hardware here, saying that I run a copy of my builds around the house and one fo them is on a 2011 11" Macbook air (win7 x64), the lowest spec one and it runs fine on that, it does take longer to go in to movies but then there 9,000 of them so that is expected and coming back to the main menu takes about 2 seconds. So it is slower on the macbook air but still more than acceptable with the size of my library.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - distorted1 - 2012-10-06

Anybody else having issues with the repo for aeon mq4? Just did a fresh install of openelec 2.0 rc1 and i am trying to download the skin but the download keeps quitting on me at about 10%. Other skins in the official xbmc repo are working fine.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - mephistopoa - 2012-10-06

ERR

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - mephistopoa - 2012-10-06

I'm trying to set up the backdrops by using the mytheme menu, for some reason when I get back to my main screen the backdrops are not being applied, but if I come back to the themes and check the mytheme it display all images. I've created the subfolders like movies and settings.

Not sure why it is not applying the images when using XBMC, could you guys help please?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - samurai07 - 2012-10-06

Hi Marcos,

do you see this? I hope that I don't have to add every item to the bugtracker...

(2012-09-15, 17:54)samurai07 Wrote: Hi Marcos,

great work with MQ4! The following things are still open:

Bugs:
- I have moved date/time/wheather info to the top of the page. On screens with top menu the infos are on the right side with weather icon. On screens without the top menu the info is on the left side without the weather icon. When you enter videos this information are on the right side with weather icon. Isn't it better when this information is on the right side under every circumstances and with the weather icon?
- apropo videos. If you enter videos you got the last view and have to go back to the entry point for videos. For instance if you was in movies, gone back to the main menu and enter videos you get movies displayed. Same for TV Shows and concerts.
- in wall view in files mode you added the menu item for the info panel under media info in RC2. But automatic panel cannot be changed. This only happens in video files when the movies/clips in the current directory are not in the database. The menu item to adjust the delay is missing also. If the files in the directory are in the database all works fine. In music files the option can be changed, even though the files are not in the database, but the menu item to adjust the delay is missing.
- Movies/Concerts/TV Shows: when entering (de)activate view from the top menu, you cannot see the text from the viewtype and if it is activated or not. You only see the pictures and with left/right you can navigate
- addon options: pressing down works fine and will select item after item. pressing up jumps from UPDATE to DISABLE instead to CONFIGURE
- customizations: in all submenu the first item is shutdown which is not displayed in the main menu. For what is this and can it be removed?
- movie multiplex view: pressing down 2 times give us the view to the fanart. But in extra thumbnail style the 4 screenshots don't disappear
- video file mode for movies that are not in the database: the media infos aren't displayed here every time. They are displayed when you entering the directory for the first time. if you leave the directory and reentring it, no media infos are displayed. If you play a movie/clip and stop it not to fast, the media infos for this clip are displayed. After playing another clip, media infos for the last clip are displayed, but for media infos for the clip played before are gone. Is the skin responsible for getting the media infos or are they provided by xbmc?
- music database wall view and kiosk mode activated: if the cursor is at one of the sides and the cursor ist pressed again to that side you loose the focus
- I have customized the osd bar and there are 13 icons left which are completly shown in the bar. Fixed list is activated. When the cursor reach the last icon the bar moves to the left, the first icon disappear and after the last icon is an empty place. If right is pressed again the bar moves right and the cursor jumps to the first icon. Moving the bar isn't necessary because there is no icon behind the 13th icon.
- You play a music album while you are at the main menu, the cursor is on "get artist info" and you stop playing then the widget is closed. The focus is still on "get artist info" and you will get this screen if you press "enter", but without any artist info. After stop playing the focus should set to Music again.
- Sometimes the artist slideshow don't start after playing starts and I go back to the main menu. I have to use "get artist info" to get the infos and then artist slideshow starts.
- playing music and select "get artist info" : the menu items "reload", "get thumb" and "get fanart" don't work
- TV-Shows episode view with viewtype Banner Info and info panel always on: If you press down 2 times to see the fanart the info panel doesn't disappear.
- TV-Shows episode view with viewtype Banner Info and info panel as Automatic panel: The menu item for select the time till panel will be displayed is missing

Suggestions:
- when playlists added to the main menu the library information for this shows "ITEMS:" and so on. Is it possible to change ITEMS to the name of the menu item? Like you do for movies, TV Shows or Concerts.
- main menu; is it possible to make search, files and videos customizable? With that we have full control over the menus
- suggestion for navigation in wall view and kiosk mode activated: at the moment the cursor don't move anymore if it reach one side. please change this in the way that cuursor jumps to the other side if it is pressed agein.
If the cursor is on the last item of the line (right side) and right is pressed again, jump to the first item (left side) of the next line. If the cursor is on the first item of a line (left side) and left ist pressed again, jump to the last item of the previous line. If the cursor is on the first item of the first line and left is pressed, jump to last item in the list. If the cursor is on the last item of the list und right is pressed, jump to first item of the list. For up and down use the actual movements with the addition to jump to last/first line if the cursor is on the first/last line and up/down is pressed.
These can also be used when kiosk mode is deactivated with the difference that the top menu pop up when the cursor is on the first line and up is pressed. It has the advantage that jumping from the beginng to the end of the list is possible even though pressing up isn't possible because the top menu pop up.
- suggestion for navigation in wall view and kiosk mode deactivated: let the top menu only pop up when the cursor reaches the top side. on left and right side jump to the opposite side. if the cursor is on last line, jump to the first line.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - dirtymurt - 2012-10-06

(2012-10-06, 02:22)BrainSturm Wrote: I still need help with the All in One addon from Claymic.

At first it didn't show up at all....after some time it started to show up but still seems bugged or I have no idea how it should work and what it does ^^

Example: I started S1 E1 of 2 broke girls....stopped after 5 minutes, went to the main menu....The show popped up with the all in one plugin and I could have continued watching it.
Instead I opened the TV section and started an episode of My Name is Earl. After a few minues I stopped it and went back to the main menu.

Now 2 things can happen:
1. There still is only the 2 broke girls show on the main menu which I could continue to watch. And when I watch the whole episode until the end it automatically switches to S1 Ep2 on the main menu.
In this case My Name is Earl never shows up, although I started watching it after the 2 broke girls episode....so in my understanding My Name is Earl should be on the main menu as it was the last show I started to watch.

2. The All in One Plugin shows My Name is Earl on the Main Menu for about a second or so and then it switches back to 2 Broke girls....and again I can only select continue to watch 2 broke girls where I left off...

How exactly should this plugin work...any idea what I am doing wrong?

I have the latest version of eden installed, the eden version of the all in one addon...

same here, seems odd