Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Vaikin - 2012-10-12

Code copying is very common to save time. Why do something different when someone else already did it better? The point is to say "thanks to x for his amazing y" and then move forward. All it takes are those few little lines of credit.

The amount of time and effort people put into scripts and skins, for free, should be HIGHLY respected. They do it because they choose to not because they have to. There is a very good reason that phil isn't happy. Until people work on opensource projects and see/feel what it's like to have someone else use your work without credits and thanks being given, they really shouldn't be telling others to grow up.

(2012-10-12, 17:47)st graveyard Wrote: +1 Chippie indeed!

All this bs started because 'someone' read 'something' between the lines ...
It seems to me 'someone' has some very wild imagination ...

Grow up guys!

Thanks for the wonderfull skin MQ, keep up the good work.

Oh, and to my knowledge, nobody was forced to pay for this skin in the past ... and it is complete free at the moment ...

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - scott967 - 2012-10-12

(2012-10-12, 13:56)Lock70 Wrote: ähmmm..... one question ...... isn´t it all open source, so every coder can use parts of it how are good and working ??

Just a nit, but AFAIK, "open source" does not mean OK to copy. However, in this case we have the GPL and CC BY-SA which do allow derivative works, provided the license details are properly adhered to.

scott s.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Omegatron - 2012-10-13

(2012-10-09, 13:46)MarcosQui Wrote: Hello all, on next weekend we will have a new version of the skin, correcting some bugs that have been reported and also something new, given a suggestion:

Current changelog: (Default 1.3.0 and SC 1.1.0)

Added: Option to show VIS background in all windows. (issue 216)
Fixed: Top Menu for Custom Menu Items - Cosmetic issue (issue 207)
Fixed: Progress bar in music osd fullscreen loses focus. (issue 222)
Fixed: Entering Showart Viewmode in Concerts breaks settings dialogue. (issue 226)
Fixed: Persistent shadow on right side at some view modes. (issue 234)
Fixed: No artist slideshow in home menu when playing music. (issue 240)
Fixed: Onscreen keyboard no difference in upper and lower case. (issue 245)
Fixed: Missing Season Fanart - Season and Episodes level.

VIP users already have access to these changes via SugarSync.

Hey Marcos,

Awsome fixes but with these fixes another error occured. When copying the default 1.3.0 files the backdrops of addon's in the main menu dont work anymore. I.e. I have the youtube addon in main menu with a youtube backdrop. after copying these files i get a default MQ4 backdrop and unable to get a custom backdrop. If i reinstall MQ4 again it works.

Could you look into this?

Thanks a lot!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - stergil - 2012-10-13

This got pushed back pretty fast with the small argument, was hoping someone had an idea how I could fix this.

It looks 100x better showing the Season thumbnail instead of the random snapshot of the episode footage.

Appreciate any help, thanks!

(2012-10-07, 06:17)stergil Wrote: I love the skin, huge thanks for all the hard work that went into it!

I do have one inconsistency that I'm trying to work out.

In the Top menu for TV Shows, when viewing Recently Added with multiple thumbnails, some shows do not show the proper thumbnail for the show. Instead they show a random image from the episode itself. Some shows show the season thumb just fine.

Anyone have any thoughts on what I can do to fix this?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - vicbitter - 2012-10-13

(2012-10-13, 05:23)stergil Wrote: This got pushed back pretty fast with the small argument, was hoping someone had an idea how I could fix this.

It looks 100x better showing the Season thumbnail instead of the random snapshot of the episode footage.

Appreciate any help, thanks!

(2012-10-07, 06:17)stergil Wrote: I love the skin, huge thanks for all the hard work that went into it!

I do have one inconsistency that I'm trying to work out.

In the Top menu for TV Shows, when viewing Recently Added with multiple thumbnails, some shows do not show the proper thumbnail for the show. Instead they show a random image from the episode itself. Some shows show the season thumb just fine.

Anyone have any thoughts on what I can do to fix this?

I had the same issue and resolved it by reloading/refreshing the TV Show information for each TV Series. Not the easiest/best solution but it seems to work...

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - jdawg0528 - 2012-10-13

Love the skin! It's really, really beautiful and intuitive.

Any chance of getting a view similar to the following screenshots? Or really any kind of view that would allow for the display of 3D cartridge and box art in Advanced Launcher.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/nesfq.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/6/genwr.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/151/smskt.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/snesw.jpg/

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-10-13

Aeon MQ 4 - 1.3.0 available - 13/10/2012

Changelog:

Added: Option to show VIS background in all windows. (issue 216)
Fixed: Top Menu for Custom Menu Items - Cosmetic issue (issue 207)
Fixed: Progress bar in music osd fullscreen loses focus. (issue 222)
Fixed: Entering Showart Viewmode in Concerts breaks settings dialogue. (issue 226)
Fixed: Persistent shadow on right side at some view modes. (issue 234)
Fixed: No artist slideshow in home menu when playing music. (issue 240)
Fixed: Onscreen keyboard no difference in upper and lower case. (issue 245)
Fixed: Missing Season Fanart - Season and Episodes level.
Fixed: Dark screen in PVR - XBMC Nightly Builds
Changed: Removed limitation to show options 'poster.jpg' and 'landscape.jpg' in Top Menu only if you have installed script ArtWork Downloader.
(2012-10-13, 01:49)Ajedi Wrote: Hey Marcos,

Awsome fixes but with these fixes another error occured. When copying the default 1.3.0 files the backdrops of addon's in the main menu dont work anymore. I.e. I have the youtube addon in main menu with a youtube backdrop. after copying these files i get a default MQ4 backdrop and unable to get a custom backdrop. If i reinstall MQ4 again it works.

Could you look into this?

Thanks a lot!

I believe that when you upgrade it should be automatically resolved, otherwise please let me know.

@jdawg0528, I'll still need to make some adjustments to the Advanced Launcher, maybe I can create something like this.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - newoski - 2012-10-13

Marcos,

How do we update now that we're out of Beta?

When I open:

Settings-Add Ons-Skin-Aeon MQ4

The only thing I can click on is CHANGE LOG

I can't click on UPDATE or UNINSTALL etc

The update is automatic via repository.

You can force the update as follows:

Settings / Addons / Get addons / Repo MQ /

Press C and choose force refresh.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - TrailFoX - 2012-10-13

can´t see it, if i force refresh, the newest version is 1.2.0

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - candyman2000 - 2012-10-13

Hi

Trying to download the skin from the website but getting 404 not found. Also failing to download from the repo....?

Aaaah seems the file has been updated on the server but the hyperlink is still pointing to 1.2 ver

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - nelsonamen - 2012-10-13

(2012-10-13, 17:43)TrailFoX Wrote: can´t see it, if i force refresh, the newest version is 1.2.0

+1

Try again now, please.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - nelsonamen - 2012-10-13

(2012-10-13, 18:23)MarcosQui Wrote: Try again now, please.

It's ok now thanks!! marcos

Re: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - newoski - 2012-10-13

Still having the same problem...