Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - StinDaWg - 2012-10-15

There are some issues I'm having that I hope someone can clear up.

When customizing the home screen, there are certain things you can't hide, unlike MQ3. Exit xbmc and update library can't be removed from ANY menu. Why? This is repetitive and annoying.

When you are playing a show and then back out to the homescreen, it shows the episode thumbnail even when you changed it to art in the viewtype settings. I specifically disable the thumb because I don't want a show I haven't seen yet to be ruined by a spoiler picture someone posts in TVDB. It also shows the plot even if you set xbmc to hide plot for unwatched episodes.

As someone else stated earlier, the only way to navigate the mini OSD is to use a scroll wheel on a mouse. If you're using a remote control and you want to adjust one of the settings that require you to scroll left or right you're shit out of luck.

If you pause a movie or tv show, when the media info pops up it shows you the plot again even if you have it set to hide and it also shows you the spoiler picture for tv shows even if you have them set to never show.

These are all deal breakers and don't allow me to use the skin as my default at the moment. Hopefully you will take this into consideration and fix in the future.

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - scott967 - 2012-10-15

MQ4 1.3.0 change log

I was looking at the change log, and the entry for 1.2.0 is different from the one that I have from the 1.2.0 version. Specifically, the 1.3.0 change log for 1.2.0 has:

Added: Album Description and Artist Description in Top Menu Widget/Music.

which is not present in the 1.2.0 change log, while the entry:

Added: Home Window - Kiosk, Kiosk Smart and Kiosk Code - Hides the settings in bottom menu.

has been removed. Can you confirm that the version of the 1.2.0 changes in the current 1.3.0 change log is correct?

scott s.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - schumi2004 - 2012-10-15

Need some help getting script.favourites to work on a Frodo build with MQ4. MQ4 keeps saying there isn't any favorite available but when i open favourites.xml it is filled.

Any ideas? Using script.favourites 3.2.7 (latest)

Edit:
I think the problem is that i now have thumbnails locations also in favourites.xml ?

@StinDaWg
Regarding your OSD navigation, i can use direction buttons on my remote to navigate. Works perfect.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - aohus - 2012-10-15

how do you set up the main menu so you see the 'latest episodes' widget show by default ?

for instance on aeon nox they have widgets readily available that can be added to the home screen.

and btw the addons files are all broken links.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - rwttm001 - 2012-10-15

(2012-10-15, 09:25)schumi2004 Wrote: @StinDaWg
Regarding your OSD navigation, i can use direction buttons on my remote to navigate. Works perfect.

Very much broken for me in Windows 7, I'm having to fall back out to the main menu to use pause/stop etc.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Beer40oz - 2012-10-15

(2012-10-14, 10:57)BenAtNVS Wrote: Sorry, it's must be very easy to find, but I can't find the new option to show VIS background in all windows (issue 216).

Me too.. can't seem to find the on button. Huh

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-10-15

Hello all, the button is in general settings, but was missing the translation.

Already corrected in the SugarSync folder:

Pre 1.4.0 - Current changelog:

Fixed: Missing fonts style (wrong layout) in many places of skin.

Fixed: View Sets - cannot be selected in some cases. (Eden only)

Fixed: Missing label for option to show VIS background in all windows.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2012-10-15

Im getting py error with traktr addon since i updated to latest mq4 skin

(2012-10-15, 16:46)MarcosQui Wrote: Hello all, the button is in general settings, but was missing the translation.

Already corrected in the SugarSync folder:

Pre 1.4.0 - Current changelog:

Fixed: Missing fonts style (wrong layout) in many places of skin.

Fixed: View Sets - cannot be selected in some cases. (Eden only)

Fixed: Missing label for option to show VIS background in all windows.
I found the global selection button but the Transifex translation suggested there is a single option also for specific menu's. Where can we find this?

Edit:
Enabled it global but can't see it. What exactly does it do?

AW: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - devkid - 2012-10-15

Sorry to say but XBMC does crash for me instantly when I do this:
-hear music
-go to the OSD
- choose "MEDIA INFO"
-choose "ALBUM INFO"
-> Crash

And sometimes I have the problem that the skin gets misaligned with the TV borders and parts of the UI are outside the screen.

Reproducable for me on OpenElec Ion x64. I can provide logs if needed.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-10-15

Quote:I found the global selection button but the Transifex translation suggested there is a single option also for specific menu's. Where can we find this?
Edit:

For this to work correctly you need to enable the viewing of the bottom menu 'S'. Yes, it's wrong, I know. I'll fix tomorrow.

You are free to suggest a better translation. I'll be very grateful. Wink

(2012-10-15, 21:47)MarcosQui Wrote:
Quote:I found the global selection button but the Transifex translation suggested there is a single option also for specific menu's. Where can we find this?
Edit:

For this to work correctly you need to enable the viewing of the bottom menu 'S'. Yes, it's wrong, I know. I'll fix tomorrow.

You are free to suggest a better translation. I'll be very grateful. Wink

Still haven't figured out how to call it or use it but i got another problem.
Since i loaded pre 1.4.0 files, xbmc crashes when accessing Video settings.

Edit:
I need to correct my statement, it crashes on ALL default menu items!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - kanedamgm - 2012-10-15

Found an issue with the low list view using banner layout. One is only an issue for shows with no episodes.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - bry - 2012-10-16

(2012-10-15, 03:20)StinDaWg Wrote: There are some issues I'm having that I hope someone can clear up.

When customizing the home screen, there are certain things you can't hide, unlike MQ3. Exit xbmc and update library can't be removed from ANY menu. Why? This is repetitive and annoying.

When you are playing a show and then back out to the homescreen, it shows the episode thumbnail even when you changed it to art in the viewtype settings. I specifically disable the thumb because I don't want a show I haven't seen yet to be ruined by a spoiler picture someone posts in TVDB. It also shows the plot even if you set xbmc to hide plot for unwatched episodes.

As someone else stated earlier, the only way to navigate the mini OSD is to use a scroll wheel on a mouse. If you're using a remote control and you want to adjust one of the settings that require you to scroll left or right you're shit out of luck.

If you pause a movie or tv show, when the media info pops up it shows you the plot again even if you have it set to hide and it also shows you the spoiler picture for tv shows even if you have them set to never show.

These are all deal breakers and don't allow me to use the skin as my default at the moment. Hopefully you will take this into consideration and fix in the future.

Thanks.

Yes. Please. I agree completely. Please consider this MQ

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - aohus - 2012-10-16

link in op is broken...

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D7551569_4090466_459446

does anyone have a working link ? it's the zip with the add-ons.