Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - huttdes - 2012-11-11

(2012-11-11, 05:29)Tomkun Wrote:
(2012-11-11, 02:46)fattoony Wrote:
(2012-11-03, 01:08)fattoony Wrote: Hi can anybody confirm that having "dirty regions" enabled with MQ 4 crashes out xbmc, much like it dose in MQ 3
If confirmed are they any plans to correct this in this release.

Kind regards,

Anybody experiencing this.

I'm not having crashes, but I do have very long 'hangs', when returning to the home screen. I don't know if it is the dirty regions for sure, but it causes similar issues for me in mq3.

I just logged on to post an issue and coincidentally this happened to be the last post.
I don't know what 'dirty regions' means...

But I do have insanely long 'hangs' when returning to home screen from tv shows or movies.... I'm talking 30 seconds or more. So long I thought the computer was actually locking up.
It is an issue with the Aeon 4 skin as I have tried it with the default confluence and it never happens.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Tomkun - 2012-11-11

All about dirty regions here.

I am pretty sure that it is the dirty regions causing it, but I can't check for certain because it doesn't seem to occur when in debug mode.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - m0v1em4n - 2012-11-11

(2012-11-11, 07:37)huttdes Wrote:
(2012-11-11, 05:29)Tomkun Wrote:
(2012-11-11, 02:46)fattoony Wrote: Anybody experiencing this.

I'm not having crashes, but I do have very long 'hangs', when returning to the home screen. I don't know if it is the dirty regions for sure, but it causes similar issues for me in mq3.

I just logged on to post an issue and coincidentally this happened to be the last post
I don't know what 'dirty regions' means...

But I do have insanely long 'hangs' when returning to home screen from tv shows or movies.... I'm talking 30 seconds or more. So long I thought the computer was actually locking up.
It is an issue with the Aeon 4 skin as I have tried it with the default confluence and it never happens.

My Brother is having the same issue, he is running Eden, and we have tried disabling All in one with no joy, Also I don't think he has dirty regions active, ( i.e no advanced setting )

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2012-11-11

(2012-11-09, 09:34)Skank Wrote:
(2012-11-09, 04:30)megaskywarp Wrote:
(2012-11-08, 21:30)Skank Wrote: I made a custom menu item "videos" , which contains submenus..
- the trailers addon
- youtube addon
But i want another one from my favorites

On my server which contains data, i got a folder "demo"
Now i want this to be added as favorite
So i added it to my favorites and tried to add it ás submenu but when i do this..
And i go back to mainmenu, then videos, and submenu , it is empty!

I tried it before on other pc and it worked, but now when i try to do it on my main machine.. It doesnt

I dunno if im missing something or if its a bug sith latest version

Any help appreciated

I'm trying to do the exact same thing. Since everytime I try to add Music Videos it screws up my ability to access the database for everything else, I just made a Music Video folder and favorited it. When I go to access it, nothing show up.

Strange, maybe marcos qui or Wanilton can look into this and see if its a bug or not?

Marcos, can you check?

(2012-11-11, 08:43)Tomkun Wrote: All about dirty regions here.

I am pretty sure that it is the dirty regions causing it, but I can't check for certain because it doesn't seem to occur when in debug mode.

Well, as far as I know I don't have it enabled... I don't even have an 'advancedsettings.xml.' file anywhere.

Although as you mention... when I enabled debug mode the problem was gone Confused

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Tomkun - 2012-11-11

what version are you using? That wiki page is a little out of date. In the latest nightlies, dirty regions are enabled by default.

my suspicion is that when in debug mode the text in the top left is stopping the dirty regions code from kicking in.

I'm using Eden11 with the latest nightlie.

Since I don't have an advancedsettings xml... how do I disable dirty regions?

Edit>>> ok, found the file and deleted it. It seems to be working. Gotta run for now but I'll give it a more thorough test later.

Thank you for the help.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - calib3r - 2012-11-11

how do you get the allinone addon to display posters?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - TeKo - 2012-11-11

(2012-11-11, 23:02)calib3r Wrote: how do you get the allinone addon to display posters?

Dont think you can.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - calib3r - 2012-11-12

(2012-11-11, 23:31)TeKo Wrote:
(2012-11-11, 23:02)calib3r Wrote: how do you get the allinone addon to display posters?

Dont think you can.

You can. I did it before i formatted my computer but I forgot.

Also how you get the logos to show up like these?

I put it in show art view and even did the "get logo/clearart auto" but it still wasn't showing up.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - sfnetwork - 2012-11-12

(2012-11-08, 06:21)sfnetwork Wrote:
(2012-11-08, 03:07)TeKo Wrote:
(2012-11-08, 02:04)sfnetwork Wrote: I'm on Frodo Alpha 6... could it be it? I'll try on Eden... If it's frodo, it mean it's the ALLINONE for FRODO (seperate one) that has the issue....

I am always using latest nightly and I have no problem with allinone.
I am using the continue button every day.

Since you are using Frodo Alpha do you have a problem with fanart for TV and movies too?

No, no issue there (I'm doing all my fanart, etc.. with MetaBrowser...
But in Alpha 7 I had this issue with TV that it showed only banners in poster format even if I chose "prefer poster" in scapper. So I went back to Alpha 6.

Back to my issue, my three XBMC HTPC are all doing the same issue ("continue watching" does nothing); Any idea what I can try to resolve this?
***Not sure if it could be related; all my sources are UNC paths, not map drives....
(2012-11-08, 03:07)TeKo Wrote: I am always using latest nightly and I have no problem with allinone.

Since you are using Frodo Alpha do you have a problem with fanart for TV and movies too?

But in Alpha 7 I had this issue with TV that it showed only banners in poster format even if I chose "prefer poster" in scapper. So I went back to Alpha 6.

Back to my issue, my three XBMC HTPC are all doing the same issue ("continue watching" does nothing); Any idea what I can try to resolve this?
***Not sure if it could be related; all my sources are UNC paths, not map drives....

OK, I just confirmed it, UNC paths as source is the cause of the issue... So it's a bug with Allinone when sources are UNC paths... I used a mapped drive and it worked perfectly...
Is there something to do for this or UNC paths aren't supported?

Is there any solution or suggestion to make AllInOne work with UNC paths? Because with map drives, it works but I'm configuring an XMBCBuntu and I use centralized mySQL for libraries so since my libraries are using map drives, the XMBCBuntu won't work (I don't think it's possible to have map drive letters in XMBCbuntu... am I wrong?)

Or is this something to fix?

Thanks in advanced

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - JimThend - 2012-11-12

Buongiorno a tutti .. ho diverse richieste e vorrei un aiuto .. (Hello all .. I have several requests and would like to help .. )
Non riesco a visualizzare i logo /clearart nei film .. come devo nominare i file mkv ?? (I can not see the logo / clearart in the movie .. how should I appoint mkv files? )

I contatori delle playlist si possono attivare ?? ( Counters playlist can be activated? )

Non riesco ad animare le icone meteo (I can not animate weather icons )

visualizzazione Stile Extra Thumbnail con errore

per il momento sono riuscito a fare questo (by the time I managed to do this )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF-dWy7GgGM

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - sfnetwork - 2012-11-12

(2012-11-12, 04:14)sfnetwork Wrote:
(2012-11-08, 03:07)TeKo Wrote: I am always using latest nightly and I have no problem with allinone.

(2012-11-08, 06:21)sfnetwork Wrote: No, no issue there (I'm doing all my fanart, etc.. with MetaBrowser...

OK, I just confirmed it, UNC paths as source is the cause of the issue... So it's a bug with Allinone when sources are UNC paths... I used a mapped drive and it worked perfectly...
Is there something to do for this or UNC paths aren't supported?

Is there any solution or suggestion to make AllInOne work with UNC paths? Because with map drives, it works but I'm configuring an XMBCBuntu and I use centralized mySQL for libraries so since my libraries are using map drives, the XMBCBuntu won't work (I don't think it's possible to have map drive letters in XMBCbuntu... am I wrong?)

Or is this something to fix?

Thanks in advanced

OK, never mind, the issue exist only if using UNC paths bit not when using SMB:// format so I'm good now....

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - quixand - 2012-11-13

Why does the background art in Showcase, or any other view that uses it constantly disappears? I thought I had it figured out, but if I reload the skin, make any changes to the layouts, I keep losing the background art. Sometimes rebooting fixes it, other times not. Is there a place where I can set this so it never changes? Through a setting file, down the art I want to use and store it in the folder or something?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Tomkun - 2012-11-13

(2012-11-13, 08:33)quixand Wrote: Why does the background art in Showcase, or any other view that uses it constantly disappears? I thought I had it figured out, but if I reload the skin, make any changes to the layouts, I keep losing the background art. Sometimes rebooting fixes it, other times not. Is there a place where I can set this so it never changes? Through a setting file, down the art I want to use and store it in the folder or something?

I'm having the same trouble, but wasn't sure if it was just me or not. It started happening about the time of the last update, but I'm not sure if it's the skin, or the latest nightlies I'm using that is causing it.