Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - moravec - 2012-11-13

is there a solution yet, if going back to home menu takes so long. (from music, movies).?

with standard skin it is fast, no delay at all.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Tomkun - 2012-11-13

(2012-11-13, 13:11)moravec Wrote: is there a solution yet, if going back to home menu takes so long. (from music, movies).?

with standard skin it is fast, no delay at all.

I think I've confirmed it's caused by dirty regions. You can test yourself by using an advancedsettings.xml in your userdata folder to disable dirty regions and the problem should be gone. Use this code to disable them:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<gui>    
   <algorithmdirtyregions>0</algorithmdirtyregions>
   <nofliptimeout>1000</nofliptimeout>
</gui>
</advancedsettings>

As starting with Frodo dirty regions will be enabled by default this is something that really needs to be fixed.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - huttdes - 2012-11-13

Hey, moravec... I did what Tomkun says above and it worked for me.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - moravec - 2012-11-13

ok, tks. I will try. So "dirty regions" is on by default...

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - quixand - 2012-11-13

Anyone have a fix for the missing background art in showcase mode? Running nightly Frodo.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Tomkun - 2012-11-13

(2012-11-13, 16:45)quixand Wrote: Anyone have a fix for the missing background art in showcase mode? Running nightly Frodo.

Not yet, I'm afraid.

Yeah...this is a pretty MAJOR issue IMHO.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - TeKo - 2012-11-13

(2012-11-13, 17:16)quixand Wrote: Yeah...this is a pretty MAJOR issue IMHO.

Yea but since its not a Frodo skin we probably have to wait.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - bwhinnen - 2012-11-13

This skin does support Frodo according to the documentation, but if you "enable extra fan art" you will see backgrounds in showcase mode (as long as you have said extra fan art Smile)

(2012-11-13, 22:22)bwhinnen Wrote: This skin does support Frodo according to the documentation, but if you "enable extra fan art" you will see backgrounds in showcase mode (as long as you have said extra fan art Smile)

I do have that option toggled, but I am missing the backgrounds. I thought XBMC did all that work? I had them before I did a skin restore. Now ever since, I can't get it back.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - TeKo - 2012-11-14

(2012-11-13, 22:22)bwhinnen Wrote: This skin does support Frodo according to the documentation, but if you "enable extra fan art" you will see backgrounds in showcase mode (as long as you have said extra fan art Smile)

The skin works with frodo but its not a frodo only skin. Since they changed stuff in frodo we probably need something like in MQ3 where you select your XBMC version.

(2012-11-13, 23:19)quixand Wrote:

I do have that option toggled, but I am missing the backgrounds. I thought XBMC did all that work? I had them before I did a skin restore. Now ever since, I can't get it back.

You need files in the extrafanart folder (you can download them via Addon).
You cold downgrade XBMC I think it was working with Alpha6.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - bwhinnen - 2012-11-14

For the record I am running OpenELEC nightly (r12457) which is based on Frodo Alpha7 GIT: 860CD91 and compiled on the 11th of November.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - quixand - 2012-11-14

Like I said, it was working with my version as well. I reloaded the skin, and lost it. I cannot get it back.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - bwhinnen - 2012-11-14

The last time I did a full reload of the skin was when it was still 1.5. But then I completely removed pretty much everything as well. You could try taking a note of all the settings and then relocate userdata/guisettings.xml to something else and start from a clean slate to see if this works.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - calib3r - 2012-11-14

How do you get allinone to show posters like this: