Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - astrotrain - 2012-12-22

(2012-12-22, 05:25)sfnetwork Wrote: This "Frodo" version 2.1 is really worse generally than 1.7....
After extensive testing on several HTPCs, I really don't see how this is built for version 12...

Now I can't go back to 1.7...
I'll switch to another skin in meantime...

Before my only issue was that backgrounds weren't showing unless I disable Wall and 3d Wall, now, so many more issues (including the same background matter)....

***BTW, if anyone has the issue where XBMC crashes when exiting using MQ4 2.1 exit menu; I resolved it by taking the latest nightly build...

This clue helped me with the no default fanart showing. If I disable all views except 3, showart, shelf and banners my default fanart reappears. Moreover it breaks if I add anymore enabled Views as well if you lookout up an actor meta data profile it breaks the fanart again to show a bunch of blue screens in the backdrop.

This default fanart view is unstable, too many variables can break them. Don't don't if this is a skin issue or RC2 or both. It is clear both not in prime time yet.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - patseguin - 2012-12-22

Well, although marked broken, mq3 works on Frodo rc2 so far...

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2012-12-23

(2012-12-22, 01:00)astrotrain Wrote:
(2012-12-21, 21:46)Wanilton Wrote:
(2012-12-21, 20:30)astrotrain Wrote: Hi Wanilton,

I tried just that. Using Artwork downloader from Repo version 12.012. Had it redownload and overwrite all my artwork, fanart, poster etc for my entire library and still default fanart will not show. Only when I enable extrafanart does the backdrop appear. I do not want to use extrafanart as it eats up my CPU.

I don;t don't why Frodo changed the backdrops, the old adage "if it ain't broke don't fix it" clearly went out the window.

Moreover where do we get the frodo version (to avoid these script error messages) for the randomlastitems,py?

Go to program addons, select artwork download, confgure option: "Use Local Files" set ON, look image for reference:

Run again Artwork downloader.

No go as well, just see blank image on default fanart view. Switched between different views no change. When the drop down infopanel comes down the fanart shows in the panel but not in the background, just a blue image from MQ4.

Using Windows 8, Frodo RC2, MQ4 2.01

I am stumped.

I'm in the same boat. Installed 2.01, followed the instructions and reset the skin, but no change to the fanart issue. Hopefully we will be able to get a solution shortly.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Struikrover - 2012-12-23

Mmmm......Question. I activated the kiosk mode to get rid of accidentally tripping the settings submenu's. But now I need to get back into settings to change something around. What is the shortcut for this?
I did not activate the key combination to temporarily disable kiosk mode, and since there is no way of adding a settings menu to the home menu I am lost now....Confused

Anyone know?
Using MQ4 for Eden by the way......

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - bostoneric - 2012-12-23

linux RC2 MQ 4.v2 same problems. new movies and episodes not showing up.
all settings are set to use thetvdb,etc not IMDB.

(2012-12-22, 03:37)hoopsdavis Wrote: Anyone having issues loading new movies? I just added a movie to my movies folder and its not showing up no matter what I do.

(2012-12-22, 18:28)No12 Wrote:
(2012-12-22, 03:37)hoopsdavis Wrote: Anyone having issues loading new movies? I just added a movie to my movies folder and its not showing up no matter what I do.
You are probably using IMDB as scraper for the movies?
I had the same problem as you,switching to tvdb solved the problem.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Gman2oo6 - 2012-12-23

this is funny i have the FRODO RC1 from 15 nov 2012 on it
Just restarted my PC and now the skin is gone and back to the default Huh
I didn't change anything !!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2012-12-23

Anyone having problems quiting xbmc?
As soon as i exit, it just hangs...

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - adelphia - 2012-12-23

(2012-12-23, 14:04)Skank Wrote: Anyone having problems quiting xbmc?

Which version XBMC? I have no issue quitting on Eden (v11).

I'd also like to make a small request. When you have a box set, instead of displaying empty information for Original Name/Genre/Duration etc. can you display "Movie Set"? This is what all other skins (that I have tried) do and it's the onl;y thing I dislike about MQ4.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Alael - 2012-12-23

(2012-12-23, 11:51)Gman2oo6 Wrote: this is funny i have the FRODO RC1 from 15 nov 2012 on it
Just restarted my PC and now the skin is gone and back to the default Huh
I didn't change anything !!

The same happened to me. Trying to reinstall the skin now, but so far no luck...

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - sfnetwork - 2012-12-23

(2012-12-23, 14:04)Skank Wrote: Anyone having problems quiting xbmc?

Just go back to RC1 to fix this (or update to latest nightly or wait for next rc or final).
It's a known bug in rc2 (well the run time error one when exiting)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - bostoneric - 2012-12-24

is there an apt-get update to update from v2.0.0 to v2.1.0?

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - wouterdt - 2012-12-24

(2012-12-24, 01:54)bostoneric Wrote: is there an apt-get update to update from v2.0.0 to v2.1.0?

No. Download zip file, go to addons -> install from zip

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - bostoneric - 2012-12-24

sorry pretty sure you are wrong about installing from zip for this version. (RC2 and v2.1.0)
you have to extract the zip and copy the skin.aeonmq.4 folder (linux) to .xbmc/addons folder.

(2012-12-24, 02:55)wouterdt Wrote:
(2012-12-24, 01:54)bostoneric Wrote: is there an apt-get update to update from v2.0.0 to v2.1.0?

No. Download zip file, go to addons -> install from zip

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - wouterdt - 2012-12-24

(2012-12-24, 04:36)bostoneric Wrote: sorry pretty sure you are wrong about installing from zip for this version. (RC2 and v2.1.0)
you have to extract the zip and copy the skin.aeonmq.4 folder (linux) to .xbmc/addons folder.

Have had no issues with installing from zip here on openelec

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - asdeane - 2012-12-24

In the name of whoever!! I go away for 3 days, come back and XBMC has reverted back to default skin. When I try to load back to AEON MQ4 with ANY version I get dependencies not met!. I have reinstalled v11, versions pre Frodo and nightlies and as a last resort rollback a week!! and again same problem.

I've noted other users experiencing same issues but WHY! what's happened and what is the resolution to this?

I would not be so peed off had I not spent hours and days getting it where I wanted it! we are on a journey of discovery and that's fine, but come on this is really taking the biscuit.

Any ideas please.. save my Christmas PLEASE!