Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - michaelkant - 2012-12-24

(2012-12-24, 13:07)asdeane Wrote: XBMC has reverted back to default skin

save my Christmas PLEASE!

This ruined your holiday?
#firstworldproblems

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - clubwerks - 2012-12-24

This skin is turning into a full on bucket of fail with Frodo. I've installed it four different times now. Little hint. Before you install a new MQ4, go into your addons folder and just cut and paste the original 1.7 MQ4 somewhere else. Then when you have to reinstall Eden and want the old MQ4 back, it's just another cut and paste. Because you'll want the old one back unless you're running the simplest most straight forward setup of MQ4 ever. Everything breaks 2.1. Everything.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2012-12-24

Is anyone still having default fanart issues on Frodo RC2, and has anyone found a solution? I know it's not just a MQ4 issue, as even confluence wont show them.

I am at a loss as to why the whole artwork setup has changed, it seemed to be working fine before the RC's were released. If it aint broke and all that....

(2012-12-24, 19:56)Samu-rai Wrote: Is anyone still having default fanart issues on Frodo RC2, and has anyone found a solution? I know it's not just a MQ4 issue, as even confluence wont show them.

I am at a loss as to why the whole artwork setup has changed, it seemed to be working fine before the RC's were released. If it aint broke and all that....

Scrap that about no skin working. I just updated to Aeon Nox 4.0 and the fanart seems to be showing. I guess I'll have to use that for the time being.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - astrotrain - 2012-12-24

(2012-12-24, 19:56)Samu-rai Wrote: Is anyone still having default fanart issues on Frodo RC2, and has anyone found a solution? I know it's not just a MQ4 issue, as even confluence wont show them.

I had the exact same issue, even Confluence was not picking up default fanart. On MQ4 and RC2 I deleted texture 13 in the Xbmc/userdata /Database folder then turned off every View Settings in Mq4 except, Shelf, Showart and Banners. This brought back default fanart.

Killing Texture 13 will rebuild the cache (fanart, thumbs, logo etc) for XBMC library. This is the only solution I found but if you enable additional views like Wall then the fanart disappears again.

(2012-12-24, 21:07)astrotrain Wrote:

I had the exact same issue, even Confluence was not picking up default fanart. On MQ4 and RC2 I deleted texture 13 in the Xbmc/userdata /Database folder then turned off every View Settings in Mq4 except, Shelf, Showart and Banners. This brought back default fanart.

Killing Texture 13 will rebuild the cache (fanart, thumbs, logo etc) for XBMC library. This is the only solution I found but if you enable additional views like Wall then the fanart disappears again.

I updated to Aeon Nox 4.0, and there are no issues with any of the artwork. IMO Nox is not as cool as MQ4, but I will have to use that until there is a fix. I assume as Nox works, this must be an issue with MQ4 and frodo. If anyone has managed to resolve please tell us how.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - richeerichhh - 2012-12-25

Just want to report I too am reporting issues with installing MQ 4. It says it won't install due to dependency issues. I do hope these issues are eventually solved. Switching to Aeon Nox, though if I like the skin I might stay there. I wonder is Marcos Qui knows about any of this.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - clubwerks - 2012-12-25

(2012-12-24, 23:07)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2012-12-24, 21:07)astrotrain Wrote:

I updated to Aeon Nox 4.0, and there are no issues with any of the artwork. IMO Nox is not as cool as MQ4, but I will have to use that until there is a fix. I assume as Nox works, this must be an issue with MQ4 and frodo. If anyone has managed to resolve please tell us how.

I tried Nox as well and while it was better, I had several issues as well. First, half my TV show fanarts didn't show unless I checked the use alternate fanart switch. Second, none of my TV shows had season posters or fanarts. What am I missing here?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2012-12-25

(2012-12-25, 03:22)clubwerks Wrote:
(2012-12-24, 23:07)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2012-12-24, 21:07)astrotrain Wrote: I had the exact same issue, even Confluence was not picking up default fanart. On MQ4 and RC2 I deleted texture 13 in the Xbmc/userdata /Database folder then turned off every View Settings in Mq4 except, Shelf, Showart and Banners. This brought back default fanart.

I tried Nox as well and while it was better, I had several issues as well. First, half my TV show fanarts didn't show unless I checked the use alternate fanart switch. Second, none of my TV shows had season posters or fanarts. What am I missing here?

Did you instal the latest version of Nox? If not it can be found here. It looks as if bignoid has had to completely rebuild Nox for frodo, although I could be wrong.

I wasn't able to upgrade through xbmc, so had to download, extract and manually place in the addons folder.

I don't think any of us can really complain about the current situation, as both the developers and skinners put thousand of hours of work in, pro bono. We just want to get the awesome software and skin back to its brilliant best!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - nanny07 - 2012-12-25

(2012-12-25, 01:26)richeerichhh Wrote: Just want to report I too am reporting issues with installing MQ 4. It says it won't install due to dependency issues. I do hope these issues are eventually solved. Switching to Aeon Nox, though if I like the skin I might stay there. I wonder is Marcos Qui knows about any of this.

me too... any solution?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2012-12-26

Some questions for Wanilton/Marcos QUI:

First all of course, Merry Christmas! Smile hope you guys have a nice time!
I do havesome questions, hope you can answer them as much as possible
-will shortcut on main menu to favourites be fixed in future aeon mq4 version for frodo?
-since movie sets development has stopped, how do i arrange my movie sets?
-banner for tvseries still is stretched how do i fix this?
- is lrc lyrics (merged one, latest version) supported, cause it doesnt work here but does with nox4.0
-from moviewall mibrary view going back to main menu is taking long time, can you speed this up?
Thx!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - paulsk2 - 2012-12-26

when playin music and the visu;isation comes on is there any way of stopping the biography and just having cd art and fanart slideshow on , like on mq3 ?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - clubwerks - 2012-12-27

(2012-12-25, 16:38)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2012-12-25, 03:22)clubwerks Wrote:
(2012-12-24, 23:07)Samu-rai Wrote: I updated to Aeon Nox 4.0, and there are no issues with any of the artwork. IMO Nox is not as cool as MQ4, but I will have to use that until there is a fix. I assume as Nox works, this must be an issue with MQ4 and frodo. If anyone has managed to resolve please tell us how.

Did you instal the latest version of Nox? If not it can be found here. It looks as if bignoid has had to completely rebuild Nox for frodo, although I could be wrong.

I wasn't able to upgrade through xbmc, so had to download, extract and manually place in the addons folder.

I don't think any of us can really complain about the current situation, as both the developers and skinners put thousand of hours of work in, pro bono. We just want to get the awesome software and skin back to its brilliant best!

It's not exactly pro bono. Some of us have donated several times.

Basically, yes, I found a fix. I installed Frodo, Nox 4.0 and deleted all my databases from my userdata folder plus a file called mediasources.xml. Then, I rescanned all my sources and it's working perfectly. Even my music is looking good which was always problematic despite being tagged about 98% perfect with mp3tag.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-12-27

clubwerks, if you have access to SugarSync folder you should order to test the new Ace skin.

Both Aeon MQ as Ace 4 are according to the new code 'Frodo'. If Ace work for you, ok, let's see where the problem is. If Ace also does not work for you, so, is fault of skin ? is certainly not.

So please make sure of the facts before you dismiss my work.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2012-12-27

(2012-12-26, 17:01)Skank Wrote: Some questions for Wanilton/Marcos QUI:

First all of course, Merry Christmas! Smile hope you guys have a nice time!
I do havesome questions, hope you can answer them as much as possible
-will shortcut on main menu to favourites be fixed in future aeon mq4 version for frodo?
-since movie sets development has stopped, how do i arrange my movie sets?
-banner for tvseries still is stretched how do i fix this?
- is lrc lyrics (merged one, latest version) supported, cause it doesnt work here but does with nox4.0
-from moviewall mibrary view going back to main menu is taking long time, can you speed this up?
Thx!

MarcosQui could you please answer these
Love your work! Appreciated over here!