Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - greenfish - 2013-01-05

(2013-01-05, 03:39)adelphia Wrote: All these people that are testing Frodo on a "production" machine and then whining about this and that not working on MQ4 should be shot. Frodo has NOT been released as FINAL and therefore there WILL be issues with certain bits and bobs. Give the developers of skins and addons a break and rather saying, this don't work with this version and that don't work with that version, report it as a CONSTRUCTIVE BUG REPORT so the developers can try and resolve the issues. This isn't aimed at everyone, but read the thread and you'll know who they/you are.

Kudos to MQ and all other skin/addon developers!

Are you that daft you can't even read the FIRST page of this thread, the one created by the AUTHOR? I'm using frodo, because if you read the first page, the skin is supporting FRODO.

"All these people that are testing Frodo on a "production" machine and then whining about this and that not working on MQ4 should be shot"

Drop me a pm of your full name and adress, can't wait to see how you are gonna shoot me for using frodo.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-01-05

(2013-01-05, 17:08)Phaeton666 Wrote: You have to download it manually and unzip in the addons folder. Then it works.

I have solved my fanart issue. Simply had to activate the "extra fanart" in the art menu and reboot the skin.

You shouldn't have to use the extra fanart function, default fanart should work. Are you defiantly running 1.8?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-01-05

(2013-01-05, 19:35)greenfish Wrote:
(2013-01-05, 03:39)adelphia Wrote: All these people that are testing Frodo on a "production" machine and then whining about this and that not working on MQ4 should be shot. Frodo has NOT been released as FINAL and therefore there WILL be issues with certain bits and bobs. Give the developers of skins and addons a break and rather saying, this don't work with this version and that don't work with that version, report it as a CONSTRUCTIVE BUG REPORT so the developers can try and resolve the issues. This isn't aimed at everyone, but read the thread and you'll know who they/you are.

Are you that daft you can't even read the FIRST page of this thread, the one created by the AUTHOR? I'm using frodo, because if you read the first page, the skin is supporting FRODO.

"All these people that are testing Frodo on a "production" machine and then whining about this and that not working on MQ4 should be shot"

Drop me a pm of your full name and adress, can't wait to see how you are gonna shoot me for using frodo.

I don't think there's any need for the hostility, but I do tend to agree with adelphia.

A stable version of frodo is yet to be released. All releases to date are for those who are brave enough to test them out and report any bugs or issues they may find.

If you are not ready for that, and want frodo and the skin to work perfectly, then you need to stick to Eden until a final stable release comes around.

Marcosqui did state on MQ4's release that this was ready for Frodo, but that was back I'm September before the first beta had been posted. None of us know what has changed in the frodo development plans since then.

It appears that every skin has had to have a major re-write due to the changes implemented in frodo, and the reason MQ4 is so awesome is because there is so much freaking code involved. So I think we should all give Marcosqui a bit of time to update any issues. Any you do find report on the bug tracker.

If anyone does need help with the skin then this is the place to come to get that, but you can't expect everything to work perfectly during this time of transition. If you want that stick with Eden for the time being.

(2013-01-05, 20:19)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-01-05, 19:35)greenfish Wrote:

I don't think there's any need for the hostility, but I do tend to agree with adelphia.

A stable version of frodo is yet to be released. All releases to date are for those who are brave enough to test them out and report any bugs or issues they may find.

If you are not ready for that, and want frodo and the skin to work perfectly, then you need to stick to Eden until a final stable release comes around.

Marcosqui did state on MQ4's release that this was ready for Frodo, but that was back I'm September before the first beta had been posted. None of us know what has changed in the frodo development plans since then.

It appears that every skin has had to have a major re-write due to the changes implemented in frodo, and the reason MQ4 is so awesome is because there is so much freaking code involved. So I think we should all give Marcosqui a bit of time to update any issues. Any you do find report on the bug tracker.

If anyone does need help with the skin then this is the place to come to get that, but you can't expect everything to work perfectly during this time of transition. If you want that stick with Eden for the time being.

The "hostility" stems from his attitude towards new users. I don't think anyone here expects anything from the skin creator who gave us a kickass skin for FREE. I've been using aeon since release. But I don't base my life on xbmc or it's modders skins. I read the first page of this thread a few others, that's it basically. Of course reading through a changelog is also a given. Submitting a bug report is useful if the user can reproduce the error. The errors related to his depency doesn't need a bug report. Instead the author of the skin only needs to read the last 8 pages ot this thread to be aware the dependency for the skin is broken or outdated.

This is such an unnecessary childish comment that adds nothing but anger in the community. At least that's how I responded in the first place. Even if the user who wrote that is either juvenlie or arrogant, doesn't change anything.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - adelphia - 2013-01-05

(2013-01-05, 20:55)greenfish Wrote:
(2013-01-05, 20:19)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-01-05, 19:35)greenfish Wrote: Are you that daft you can't even read the FIRST page of this thread, the one created by the AUTHOR? I'm using frodo, because if you read the first page, the skin is supporting FRODO.

The "hostility" stems from his attitude towards new users. I don't think anyone here expects anything from the skin creator who gave us a kickass skin for FREE. I've been using aeon since release. But I don't base my life on xbmc or it's modders skins. I read the first page of this thread a few others, that's it basically. Of course reading through a changelog is also a given. Submitting a bug report is useful if the user can reproduce the error. The errors related to his depency doesn't need a bug report. Instead the author of the skin only needs to read the last 8 pages ot this thread to be aware the dependency for the skin is broken or outdated.

This is such an unnecessary childish comment that adds nothing but anger in the community. At least that's how I responded in the first place. Even if the user who wrote that is either juvenlie or arrogant, doesn't change anything.

I have no hostility towards anyone, the fact that the first post states, and I quote...

"HOW TO REPORT A BUG OR MAKE A REQUEST

Anyone who has a request or bug report use the button below - after click in new issue - and wait.
"
...asks the question who has actually read the first page because thlink takes you away from this site altogether when you click it to the area MQ uses to try and resolve these bugs / requests. As for the "should be shot" statement, this is a general term which obviously doesn't mean the same to some people / cultures as it does to others - no offence was meant by it, it simply means they should be frowned on / put in their place / sent to the sit in the corner etc...

(2013-01-05, 21:05)adelphia Wrote:
(2013-01-05, 20:55)greenfish Wrote:
(2013-01-05, 20:19)Samu-rai Wrote: I don't think there's any need for the hostility, but I do tend to agree with adelphia.

I have no hostility towards anyone, the fact that the first post states, and I quote...

Anyone who has a request or bug report use the button below - after click in new issue - and wait.
"
...asks the question who has actually read the first page because thlink takes you away from this site altogether when you click it to the area MQ uses to try and resolve these bugs / requests. As for the "should be shot" statement, this is a general term which obviously doesn't mean the same to some people / cultures as it does to others - no offence was meant by it, it simply means they should be frowned on / put in their place / sent to the sit in the corner etc...

Fair enough, just think you could have found a better way of words to substitute. Since i'm not a native english user, I missread your comment as being overly "hostile". Let's just focusing on making sure the skin and it's user recieve the support they can from this thread.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2013-01-05

is there anyone who can say what version we need to use now with frodo
1.8 or 2.2?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - tinybutstrong - 2013-01-05

(2013-01-05, 22:39)Skank Wrote: is there anyone who can say what version we need to use now with frodo
1.8 or 2.2?

2.2?? Where you found this version?

I have 2.1.0 here.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2013-01-05

(2013-01-05, 23:10)tinybutstrong Wrote:
(2013-01-05, 22:39)Skank Wrote: is there anyone who can say what version we need to use now with frodo
1.8 or 2.2?

I have 2.1.0 here.

i meant 2.1.0 :p

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-01-06

(2013-01-05, 21:18)greenfish Wrote:
(2013-01-05, 21:05)adelphia Wrote:
(2013-01-05, 20:55)greenfish Wrote: The "hostility" stems from his attitude towards new users. I don't think anyone here expects anything from the skin creator who gave us a kickass skin for FREE. I've been using aeon since release. But I don't base my life on xbmc or it's modders skins. I read the first page of this thread a few others, that's it basically. Of course reading through a changelog is also a given. Submitting a bug report is useful if the user can reproduce the error. The errors related to his depency doesn't need a bug report. Instead the author of the skin only needs to read the last 8 pages ot this thread to be aware the dependency for the skin is broken or outdated.

"

Fair enough, just think you could have found a better way of words to substitute. Since i'm not a native english user, I missread your comment as being overly "hostile". Let's just focusing on making sure the skin and it's user recieve the support they can from this thread.

Exactly, XBMC is a product of co-operation with everyone working towards a common goal for the benefit of all.

Anyway that users can give back to that community, whether that be trying to help someone on the forums, donating to the site or creating a kick arse skin for everyone to enjoy should be encouraged.

The 3 guys who started all this would never have got passed v 1.0 if all anyone did was leach. As long as we all remember that we should be good for another 12 awesome releases!
(2013-01-05, 23:13)Skank Wrote:
1.8 or 2.2?

I have 2.1.0 here.

I'm using 1.8. It's not bug free, but what bugs there are are not major.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Tobby - 2013-01-06

(2013-01-05, 23:13)Skank Wrote:
1.8 or 2.2?

I have 2.1.0 here.

I use 2.1.0 with Frodo RC3. Works like a charm.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - tinybutstrong - 2013-01-06

ok, after extensive tests, waited 1 hour for Artwork Downloader job and more, I found an interesting behavior. The posters are loading fine in "Poster" and "Multiplex" view mode, all other are broken, including Showcase, my default.

So the issue is on skin.

------------------------------

UPDATE: after a new restart the issue is back, now all view modes are broken, I give up.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Ghostdivision - 2013-01-06

Where do we get 2.1.0? I accidentally deleted his sugar sync email he sent me when I was a vip and have no idea how to get back into it.
Nevermind found it here

http://code.google.com/p/mod-skin/downloads/detail?name=skin.aeonmq.4-2.1.0.zip&can=2&q=

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Canozzie - 2013-01-06

Is their a fix for weather underground not working or is everyone else using world weather online as not other weather addons appear to work with mq4 skin?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Ghostdivision - 2013-01-06

Does anyone have fanart for low list either in tv show episodes, or music working yet.

This has been going on for awhile in frodo and im not sure if its an issue on my end or not.