Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - ChrisG - 2013-01-06

Have almost got my setup complete after transferring from Plex to XBMC after the themes don't work with the latest version.

The one thing I am trying to figure out with Aeon MQ 4 is how to add TV Show and Movie art to the Home Screen when cycling through the menu items.

Also, how do I add the Video-addons section as a menu item on the home screen and display recently aired TV shows and recently added movies on the home screen?

Thanks in advance.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Canozzie - 2013-01-06

I also cant get any of the the recently added widgets to work, im using eden 11. Can anyone help with this..been searching for a while

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Desisuperman - 2013-01-06

Going to install this today after using Aeon Nox

Quick question... What is is the AlInOne script for .. What does it exactly do? Also there's an essential add on package on the first page. What does that include?

Thanks Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-01-06

(2013-01-06, 12:11)ChrisG Wrote: Have almost got my setup complete after transferring from Plex to XBMC after the themes don't work with the latest version.

The one thing I am trying to figure out with Aeon MQ 4 is how to add TV Show and Movie art to the Home Screen when cycling through the menu items.

Also, how do I add the Video-addons section as a menu item on the home screen and display recently aired TV shows and recently added movies on the home screen?

Thanks in advance.

(2013-01-06, 12:21)Canozzie Wrote: I also cant get any of the the recently added widgets to work, im using eden 11. Can anyone help with this..been searching for a while

(2013-01-06, 17:34)Desisuperman Wrote: Going to install this today after using Aeon.

Quick question... What is is the AlInOne script for .. What does it exactly do? Also there's an essential add on package on the first page. What does that include?

Thanks Smile

You are all referring to the allinone script. You need to download this, install it and then enable it in the program addons. This will then display a bar at the top of the home screen giving you recently added etc.

To change the home screen backgrounds go to the home screen. Press the down arrow twice, and select 'customizations'. You can then change a lot of settings including background images.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-01-06

For anyone who is interested, I have posted a tutorial here which allows you to separate your Kid's media from your own, and have separate buttons on the home screen of MQ4 to point to these, as per the screen shots below.

I have simplified it as much as I can by editing the code on the xml file required, but if anyone comes across any issues I will try my best to help.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - TeKo - 2013-01-06

Im using this for 2D and 3D movies, my only problem is that the widgets are not working for the smartplaylists. (Like recently added and stuff)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - adelphia - 2013-01-06

(2013-01-06, 21:34)Samu-rai Wrote: For anyone who is interested, I have posted a tutorial here which allows you to separate your Kid's media from your own, and have separate buttons on the home screen of MQ4 to point to these, as per the screen shots below.

I have simplified it as much as I can by editing the code on the xml file required, but if anyone comes across any issues I will try my best to help.

Just wondered why you had to edit the XML file? I did this just by using MQ4 customizations within the skin. Did I misunderstand something or did you physically change the content of one of the files?
(2013-01-06, 21:58)TeKo Wrote: Im using this for 2D and 3D movies, my only problem is that the widgets are not working for the smartplaylists. (Like recently added and stuff)

I had this a while ago; it said everything was ZERO count (content, watched and unwatched). Can't remember what I did to sort it though but I do know I've done a couple of library rebuilds which may have fixed it as everything is OK for now.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - slandells - 2013-01-07

(2013-01-06, 17:48)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-01-06, 12:11)ChrisG Wrote: Have almost got my setup complete after transferring from Plex to XBMC after the themes don't work with the latest version.

Thanks in advance.

(2013-01-06, 12:21)Canozzie Wrote: I also cant get any of the the recently added widgets to work, im using eden 11. Can anyone help with this..been searching for a while

(2013-01-06, 17:34)Desisuperman Wrote: Going to install this today after using Aeon.

Thanks Smile

You are all referring to the allinone script. You need to download this, install it and then enable it in the program addons. This will then display a bar at the top of the home screen giving you recently added etc.

To change the home screen backgrounds go to the home screen. Press the down arrow twice, and select 'customizations'. You can then change a lot of settings including background images.

Just a quick one, if you're using 2.1 you don't need allinone, skin widgets are now fully supported. Allinone was one of the biggest causes of issues for me (including severe slowness), skin widgets is built in and works fine (in 2.1 tho, not 1.8, you'll need to keep allinone for 1.8)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-01-07

(2013-01-06, 23:33)adelphia Wrote:
(2013-01-06, 21:34)Samu-rai Wrote: For anyone who is interested, I have posted a tutorial here which allows you to separate your Kid's media from your own, and have separate buttons on the home screen of MQ4 to point to these, as per the screen shots below.

Just wondered why you had to edit the XML file? I did this just by using MQ4 customizations within the skin. Did I misunderstand something or did you physically change the content of one of the files?

I hadn't thought about going about it in that way, but yes you are right on reflection it can be done that way :-)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - AndroiDad75 - 2013-01-07

(2013-01-07, 01:19)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-01-06, 23:33)adelphia Wrote: Just wondered why you had to edit the XML file? I did this just by using MQ4 customizations within the skin. Did I misunderstand something or did you physically change the content of one of the files?

I hadn't thought about going about it in that way, but yes you are right on reflection it can be done that way :-)

Well, if you do it that way the kids tv and movies would be right, but wouldn't the main (adult) movies and tv still point to all?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2013-01-07

(2013-01-06, 17:48)Samu-rai Wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Smile

Allinone script isnt supported anymore ! you dont need it anymore !

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - adelphia - 2013-01-07

(2013-01-07, 05:19)rhmclay Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 01:19)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-01-06, 23:33)adelphia Wrote: Just wondered why you had to edit the XML file? I did this just by using MQ4 customizations within the skin. Did I misunderstand something or did you physically change the content of one of the files?

Well, if you do it that way the kids tv and movies would be right, but wouldn't the main (adult) movies and tv still point to all?

Depends how you go about doing it. If you just want to have a menu for "Kids" so the kids can watch what they want without having to go through all the other movies, then this is simple and you just create a single smart playlist. If you want to have a menu for "Kids" and a menu for "Adults" then you just create two seperate smart playlists and "hide" the default Videos/Movies menu. All you need to do is to have your folders setup correctly, one for "Kids", one for "Adults" and then specify the playlists to include everything in "Adult" for the "Adult" menu and "Kids" for the "Kids" menu. You could leave the default Videos/Movies menu active of course, which would show you a list of everything.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Kokonutcreme - 2013-01-07

(2013-01-07, 13:53)adelphia Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 01:19)Samu-rai Wrote: I hadn't thought about going about it in that way, but yes you are right on reflection it can be done that way :-)

Depends how you go about doing it. If you just want to have a menu for "Kids" so the kids can watch what they want without having to go through all the other movies, then this is simple and you just create a single smart playlist. If you want to have a menu for "Kids" and a menu for "Adults" then you just create two seperate smart playlists and "hide" the default Videos/Movies menu. All you need to do is to have your folders setup correctly, one for "Kids", one for "Adults" and then specify the playlists to include everything in "Adult" for the "Adult" menu and "Kids" for the "Kids" menu. You could leave the default Videos/Movies menu active of course, which would show you a list of everything.

Or if you haven't organised your library in this manner you could use "Tags" to create a collection for Kids Movies and add it to your Home Menu and then for the main movie library use the advanced filter to filter out the kids movies.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-01-07

(2013-01-07, 01:19)Samu-rai Wrote: I hadn't thought about going about it in that way, but yes you are right on reflection it can be done that way :-)

I've updated the thread now. You get exactly the same results, but just use the built in skin function instead. If I'd thought about it that way then I wouldn't have spent all that time altering the code lol!

As an FYI, if you want to put the code back to how it was you just need to extract the MQ4 skin file, locate the IncludesMainMenu.xml file in the 720p folder, and use this to replace the same named file in your XBMC addons folder.

PM me if that isn't clear and you need any help.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - adelphia - 2013-01-07

(2013-01-07, 14:03)Kokonutcreme Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 05:19)rhmclay Wrote: Well, if you do it that way the kids tv and movies would be right, but wouldn't the main (adult) movies and tv still point to all?

Or if you haven't organised your library in this manner you could use "Tags" to create a collection for Kids Movies and add it to your Home Menu and then for the main movie library use the advanced filter to filter out the kids movies.

Can you explain exactly what you mean by using "Tags"?