Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2013-01-12

Dear users, the Aeon MQ 4 works fine on XBMC Eden, but I admit that in Frodo is bad.

By contrast, the Ace was made for Frodo, works very well, has only 11MB and runs on any device, like a tablet, raspberry and others.

I suggest you try the Ace. I think a lot will things change after the skin go to air, moreover I have big plans for this skin, big plans... Nod

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2013-01-12

(2013-01-12, 12:25)MarcosQui Wrote: Dear users, the Aeon MQ 4 works fine on XBMC Eden, but I admit that in Frodo is bad.

By contrast, the Ace was made for Frodo, works very well, has only 11MB and runs on any device, like a tablet, raspberry and others.

I suggest you try the Ace. I think a lot will things change after the skin go to air, moreover I have big plans for this skin, big plans... Nod

So in other words... Mq4 for frodo is dead?

It's not easy to take care of one skin, this time I have 4 active skins, and x 2, one for Eden, one for Frodo. Think about it. Wink

After Ace reach the level I desire, Aeon MQ 4 will no longer be necessary. Believe me.

Also, for who do not want to drop the Aeon MQ, I have other plans. A new Aeon using Ace code like basis, which is much better. Nod

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - TeKo - 2013-01-12

On Frodo you can just use Aeon Nox 4.0 you can customize it to look exactly like MQ4, only thing that is missing is Poster view.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - tabish121 - 2013-01-12

Guess its time to move on to Nox then. The vertical menus in ace are not my cup of tea, and its a bit dissapointing for those that have donated to Marcos Qui to see the skin suddenly dropped.

Wait a bit. You did not even wait to finish the job and I already drew her conclusions?

I think those who use Aeon MQ because they like is Aeon MQ, otherwise I would not have to worry then. Wink

I have a 'solution' for Aeon MQ 4, and need to hear you:

The big problem with the lack of art in Frodo is the fault of view modes. He must be reviewed, 1 by 1.

On this moment, if I only leave the LIST view works correctly, then I will again correcting and adding one at a time.

In respect to dear users, so they do not run out of Aeon MQ.

I'm really sorry for what happened, but believe me, you will not run out of skin.

Yes/No? You decide.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2013-01-12

(2013-01-12, 13:34)TeKo Wrote: On Frodo you can just use Aeon Nox 4.0 you can customize it to look exactly like MQ4, only thing that is missing is Poster view.

Thats not true, for ex , you have a very different info view for movies..very different!
Also when playing music, its not as nice as mq4
I loved mq4 but it aint working anymore
I also dont like the side panel in ace..
Guess indeed the only way is to use nox and live with it

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2013-01-12

@Skank, one question only, do you use Skin Ace?? do you have tests? or judge for a few images....

Well I do, and for me, work fast and very good in resources. More, it´s on in alpha stage, but its very very good,

It´s true, is very different, but it´s much better 4. Believe.

And I love Skin Aeon MQ4. The plans for Ace, is great, wait and see.

Wanilton

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Ghostdivision - 2013-01-12

I am not quite sure about the issues, i have fanart not working, but I would love if we could get aeon mq4 working great with frodo like we do with eden, then move on to ace. It will be another 7-8 months before a new xbmc comes out, and aeon mq4 is fantastic, many of us get used to it, and customize it, and get it working, and because a new xbmc is coming out, we are left with a broken skin, essentially we will have had it usable for only a few months and got everything working. Kind of waste to see a skin this great die already after a few small months of use in eden because people are switching to frodo. It will be missed if it becomes unusable right now.

I dont know how marcos feels, but I basically waited until the final version of mq4 was released, even though I did a bit of beta testing, the final product was fanastic when it was released a few months ago, and i have grown to love it, and customize it, and i just dont want to see it die today after all your hardwork, and hard work users put in to enjoying this skin and customizing it on their own setups. I think we all expected since it was released when frodo was in testing we would be able to use it on frodo.

Just my opinion.

And it will not die.

Aeon MQ 4 version 2.2.0 available - Frodo Only.

http://mod-skin.googlecode.com/files/skin.aeonmq.4-2.2.0.zip

Changelog:

Starting recast for XBMC Frodo.
Only List View and Banner View works this time, the others will be corrected and included one by one.

Test and give me a feedback please.

Well that was quick Smile

Almost scary

Happy to continue using this skin.

I just built my first htpc and showed friends my setup, they loved your skin and never seen anything so nice. Except the fanart was missing Smile

Will give a test.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - sfnetwork - 2013-01-12

(2013-01-12, 15:48)MarcosQui Wrote: And it will not die.

Aeon MQ 4 version 2.2.0 available - Frodo Only.

http://mod-skin.googlecode.com/files/skin.aeonmq.4-2.2.0.zip

Changelog:

Starting recast for XBMC Frodo.
Only List View and Banner View works this time, the others will be corrected and included one by one.

Test and give me a feedback please.

There seems to be one bug with 2.2:
When going in Movies; all OK
But when I go in TVs (banner view), and browse a bit (all OK so far) then I go back in Movies, backgrounds for movies aren't showing; it's stuck to last TV background viewed... Only way to fix is to exit XBMC and come back in...

I tried deleting texture database without success...

While your here, not to complain but I am using an mce remote, to bring up the eject disc you need to press "S" in the main menu as far as i know, their is nothing that sends an "S" key press on my MCE remote so i cant eject using the skin.

Could you maybe include the "S" options such as eject and whatever else is accessible when you hit "S" by simply just hitting the plain old down arrow with the rest of the options?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - abba77 - 2013-01-12

i dont like vertical also, so nox will do for now. my favorite skin night died too long ago.

the new Aeon based on Ace could be a while so will keep an eye. I agree that maintaining so many skins is difficult and appreciate all the time people put into it for something that is free.