Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - dukevn - 2012-07-06

(2012-07-06, 09:40)TheSwede1970 Wrote: OMG Marcos lovely skin, I'm truly amazed.

Unfortunately I have an issue with .mp4 files, I'm not getting any sound out. Using latest nightly build.
Anyone else with similar problem that have any advice on this?
I am surprise that no sound is something related to a skin. Do you have sound with the default skin instead of Aeon MQ?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - KrakenT3ch - 2012-07-06

(2012-07-06, 09:40)TheSwede1970 Wrote: OMG Marcos lovely skin, I'm truly amazed.

Unfortunately I have an issue with .mp4 files, I'm not getting any sound out. Using latest nightly build.
Anyone else with similar problem that have any advice on this?

Sound works good for me on MP4 files. But i'm on stable not on nightlies.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - SomeoneCares - 2012-07-06

awesome work Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - TheSwede1970 - 2012-07-06

I'm actually doing a complete update with new database and everything, it might have been the issue. I'll let you know the outcome.
Did reverse to stable build and sound worked fine. Does all the features of MQ4 work in stable build "Eden" or do we need "Frodo" for some of the goodies?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - sidewalksuper - 2012-07-06

I just added the movie All.I.Can. ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2137267/ ) to my library and it doesn't show up in the recently added movies. Must have something to do with the . at the end or something.
Is this a skin error or another plugin error? Smile

[edit]
Just noticed that the movie The Flowers of War ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1410063/ ) also didn't get added to the recently added menu and recently added bar in the top of the screen.
[/edit]

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Locutus - 2012-07-06

Hi,

when do you think Aeon MQ4 will be available for all users? I rly would like to use it, but atm i cannot afford 50$ for donation.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - BrainSturm - 2012-07-06

There is no donation minimum.
You can donate any amount you can spare.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Palalisimo - 2012-07-06

I have been trying this skin for a few days now, and I can say is stunningly beautiful! I noticed one or two minor bugs but I see that they are being taken care of in the next releases of the alpha version. It goes without saying that I’m very grateful with Marcos and everyone involved in the development.

I just want to refer to the new home page items, as other has said before me, is a huge lose from previous versions of the skin for some users.

The high level of customization is THE feature that makes me choose MQ AEON in the first place, I know that it has some other great features and elegant views that other users find appealing, but for me, the option to make my own home page item (opposed to have only one MY MENU or Palalisimo’s MENU) brought the opportunity to create amazing viewing experiences for my family and friends, this may seem exaggerated, but here are some examples:

- Before Avengers movie premiere, I invited some fan friends for a marathon of the prequels, with each movie having its own main menu item, plus another main menu item with the comics, other with songs of the movies, and other with the trailers of the upcoming film. Each item was nicely placed in the big “easy to read” letters of the main menu, with full screen fanarts, and direct one click access to the desired media. This was the most extensive customization I have made with AEON MQ, and worked flawlessly, although I recognize that is would be very rare to use more than 5 custom items.

- Returning from vacations, I created main menu items for each stop we had, with a couple movies recorded with mi phone and lots and lots of pics.

- My main menu also has an item with the name of my girlfriend, leading to a playlist of all the stuff I know she would like to see, and other we can see together.

- I have a separate xbmc profile with all my music videos, where each item is a video playlist with different themes, I have “90s”, “Party” (not party mode), “Bachata”, etc etc etc… even a separate “Green Day” item leading directly to all their songs. The feeling you get when navigating through this profile, and letting other do so, is something unique!

I have many other examples but I’m sure you are tired of reading and get the point I’m trying to make, just imagine some or all of this custom items, together under one menu, needing to push up to browse items with small fonts and small images that also happen to cover the big background image, it may work to keep things in a certain order, but the user experience you get from it a quite different from the original.

I’m not saying that MY MENU is something that needs to go, Im just saying is a new feature that won’t replace the custom main menu item that we love so much in AEON MQ 2 and AEON MQ 3.
If this option won’t be available in the final release of the skin, I guess I will have to stick to the older versions; I just wanted to try to make a contribution to the alpha release stating my point of view in order to improve the skin.

Thanks so much for reading this looooong post!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Simzer0 - 2012-07-06

I try now your skin to take a look of my translation.
Marcos your work is FANTASTIC!!!
All is simple to use and stunnig to view.

THX Marcos for all time spent for this skin, and thx to Wanilton to support.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-07-07

Aeon MQ 4 Alpha 2 available in SugarSync - RELEASE DATE 07/06/2012

I tried to solve the majority of requests, some were only in next version, please be patient.

Changelog:

Added: Menu Movies - option Click go to Sets Mode.
Added: View List - option Slim List.
Added: Option to Hide Headers.
Added: System Info in Settings Menu/Top Menu.
Added: Music Genre Background - Top Menu/Art.
Added: Media Path in Video Info.
Fixed: Music Genre Icons - option to set Alternative mode.
Fixed: Access to media controls in Main Menu.
Fixed: View List - Function Poster.jpg does not change the cover.
Fixed: View Wall - Info Panel auto, always visible and off.
Fixed: View Multiplex - Overlapping labels in Info Panel.
Fixed: View List Low - Wrong Label in Panel Info/Seasons.
Fixed: Script MovieSets does not appear in the Top Menu/group of addons.
Fixed: Logo and Clearart does not appear in tvshows/video info.
Fixed: Can not rename a vplaylist submenu.
Fixed: Weather Top Menu - no have access to change city.
Fixed: Minor fixes in Smart Playlit Editor.
Fixed: My Theme - is not possible activate this mode.
Fixed: Scroll Label without a fade effect.
Fixed: Unable to access the submenu under some conditions.
Fixed: Unable to access Top Menu in PVR window.
Fixed: Many tweaks in the customization of furniture.
Fixed: Slider Control - Subtitle delay.
Fixed: Gray screen does not disappear after playing the trailer.
Fixed: Full Screen Music - Playlist does not disappear if furniture is hidden.
Fixed: Lack Artist SlideShow in NowPlaying group - Home and Full Screen Music.
Fixed: Lack Artist information in NowPlaying group - Home and Full Screen Music.
Fixed: Lack RSS in Music Window.
Fixed: Lack button REFRESH in Music Info/Album.
Fixed: Optmized popup for VoxCommando.
Change: Button to change type of view is only enabled if at least more than one type of view is activate.
Change: Button to increase and decrease rating for music.
Change: Full Screen Music - Options to set Fanart, Vis or Fanart + Vis.
Change: Screen less dark if Top Menu is focused.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2012-07-07

How to install:

Download Skin in SugarSync, open XBMC, go to settings, add-ons, install from zip file, done.

Updating Previous Install with new releases:

The procedure is the same for install the first time, go to settings, add-ons, install from zip file, done.

Support for Eden or Frodo.

For Openelec you need OPENELEC 2 BETA version

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-07-07

Thanks for the update guys!

Have one issue so far and that is that the submenu is visible behind the main menu when using the transparent main menu bar styles (Classic, Horizons and Darkness). I have renamed my guisettings.xml just in case but this did not solve the issue. I will trash the MQ4 folder and do a complete fresh install but wanted to let you know as quickly as possible.

Thanks.

EDIT: Fresh Skin install does not solve this issue!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2012-07-07

Yes Chippie, this is a new bug, thanks for your info, Marcos will fix ASAP.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-07-07

Thanks!

Just a few bits before I hit the sack! :-)

Not sure if they have been mentioned or if they are on the to do list and have not tried with a clean guisettings.....

1. Cannot assign custom fanart to any submen items.
2. Under the views, "Media Info" the "Original Title at the bottom" Switch does not work, I still get the original title switching with Year/Runtime and Genre. Perhaps this option is for the actual large movie name, not sure. I think what we are looking for here is a "Compact" view for the Extra Info which only shows Year/Runtime and Genre.

However, really glad to see an option to to remove the Titles (Genre: Studio AND Etc...)

Have a good one!

:-)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - kiwiuser - 2012-07-07

First, I would again like to thank all those who have been involved in developing this skin. This is a question that is causing me frustration in setting up MQ 4, why cannot you customise TV Series Information, fan art, thumbs etc, as in Movies Information? Or have I missed something?

Thanks
Kiwiuser