Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - skypichat - 2013-01-19

hello,
Just noticed an exceeding of text in the description of EPG

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Jxx7 - 2013-01-20

(2013-01-19, 18:25)devkid Wrote: When I try to install the skin from the ZIP "skin.aeonmq.4-2.5.0.zip" on the first page I only get the message "Add-on does not have the correct structure".
I am on Frodo RC3 (OpenELEC 2.99.1 ION x86_64). Please help!
Same thing for me with same version of Openelec and with XBMCbuntu too Sad

I love AEON MQ but I can't use it since I installed Frodo Sad

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - keisuji - 2013-01-20

In Frodo RC3 and Aeon MQ 2.5.0 I have recreated my vplaylists and added them to mymenu. I open for example anime movies and see all the movies, then i going back to the menu and all assigned playlists disappear from the top bar.

And I canĀ“t setup multiply images backgrounds for vplaylists I choose the location with the images and all I get to see is a black.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-01-20

(2013-01-20, 04:35)Jxx7 Wrote:
(2013-01-19, 18:25)devkid Wrote: When I try to install the skin from the ZIP "skin.aeonmq.4-2.5.0.zip" on the first page I only get the message "Add-on does not have the correct structure".
I am on Frodo RC3 (OpenELEC 2.99.1 ION x86_64). Please help!
Same thing for me with same version of Openelec and with XBMCbuntu too Sad

I love AEON MQ but I can't use it since I installed Frodo Sad

OK, If you cant install the skin on Openelec through the 'Instal from zip' function, you need to do the following:

1) Go to the Samba share on your OE machine by typing its IP address into the address bar in windows.

2) Then you need to open the folder called 'Configfiles', and in here you will see a file called 'samba.conf.sample'. Make a copy of this.

3) Now open the copy of 'samba.conf.sample' with Notepad (unless you have a program like Notepad++ already installed)

4) When opened you will see text. Delete and replace all of this text with the following:

# samba.conf

# This configuration file allows you to customize the samba shares
# available from your machine

[global]
server string = OpenELEC
workgroup = WORKGROUP
netbios name = %h
security = share
guest account = root
socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=65536 SO_SNDBUF=65536
smb ports = 445
max protocol = SMB2
min receivefile size = 16384
deadtime = 30
os level = 20
mangled names = no
syslog only = yes
syslog = 2
name resolve order = lmhosts wins bcast host

# Using the following configurations as a template allows you to add
# writable shares of disks and paths under /storage

[Update]
path = /storage/.update
available = yes
browsable = yes
public = yes
writable = yes
root preexec = mkdir -p /storage/.update

[Videos]
path = /storage/videos
available = yes
browsable = yes
public = yes
writable = yes
root preexec = mkdir -p /storage/videos

[Music]
path = /storage/music
available = yes
browsable = yes
public = yes
writable = yes
root preexec = mkdir -p /storage/music

[TV Shows]
path = /storage/tvshows
available = yes
browsable = yes
public = yes
writable = yes
root preexec = mkdir -p /storage/tvshows

[Recordings]
path = /storage/recordings
available = yes
browsable = yes
public = yes
writable = yes
root preexec = mkdir -p /storage/recordings

[Downloads]
path = /storage/downloads
available = yes
browsable = yes
public = yes
writable = yes
root preexec = mkdir -p /storage/downloads

[Pictures]
path = /storage/pictures
available = yes
browsable = yes
public = yes
writable = yes
root preexec = mkdir -p /storage/pictures

[Emulators]
path = /storage/emulators/mame/roms
available = yes
browsable = yes
public = yes
writable = yes
root preexec = mkdir -p /storage/emulators/mame/roms

[Configfiles]
path = /storage/.config
available = yes
browsable = yes
public = yes
writable = yes
root preexec = mkdir -p /storage/.config

[Userdata]
path = /storage/.xbmc/userdata
available = yes
browsable = yes
public = yes
writable = yes
root preexec = mkdir -p /storage/.xbmc/userdata

[Screenshots]
path = /storage/screenshots
available = yes
browsable = yes
public = yes
writable = yes
root preexec = mkdir -p /storage/screenshots

[Media]
path = /media
available = yes
browsable = yes
public = yes
writable = yes
root preexec = mkdir -p /media

[Logfiles]
path = /storage/logfiles
available = yes
browsable = yes
public = yes
writable = yes
root preexec = mkdir -p /storage/logfiles
root preexec = createlog

[XBMC]
path = /storage/.xbmc
available = yes
browsable = yes
public = yes
writable = yes
root preexec = mkdir -p /storage/.xbmc

5) Now save the file, and delete the .sample file extension from it, so now it reads 'samba.conf' rather than 'samba.conf.sample'.

6) Restart the OE machine and go back into the samba share. There should now be a folder called XBMC' that was not previously showing. In this folder there will be another called 'addons'. You should manually extract the skin zip and place the folder within the addons folder.

7) Now restart your OE machine once more and it should be running the latest version on MQ4.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2013-01-20

(2013-01-18, 16:06)Skank Wrote: Any having problems with covers not showing up under concerts?
I added my concerts, with concertdb as scraper (musicvideos)
But when i go to main menuit says 16 concerts.. But when i go into library, its empty!

Second weird thing i have is that my shortcut to favourites does work now (using latest script) but when i enter it, go back to main... Its not there anymore... Then i go for ex into movies, back to main menu.. And there is the shortcut again..'

Marcos Qui?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - freebs - 2013-01-20

I know I've asked this before and I also asked at Navi-X site, they told me it was the skin I was using.
But the fonts are so small I can hardly read. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Someone must have the same issue..

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Sandriell - 2013-01-21

(2013-01-16, 08:33)Skank Wrote:
(2013-01-15, 23:40)volarium Wrote:
(2013-01-15, 23:28)MarcosQui Wrote: Like I said, for me it works perfectly.

I'm using favorites script 4.0.7.

Remembering that old favorite entries do not work in this new version, you need to reset your favorites and include in the menu again. No error.

folkg, first you need to select the desired item, press C on it and select "add to favorites". After enter the skin customization, click add fav, choose a favorite from the list and then paste it wherever.
patseguin, I not quite understand your question but the Aeon MQ 3 still not working fully in Frodo. Right now the Aeon MQ 4 is fully functional again.

Agree with this comment - this is a bug in Frodo. You need to upgrade your favourites script, and then it should work. Try this link:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/script.favourites/

will try thx

I am also having the issue with favorites.

After enter the skin customization, click add fav, choose a favorite from the list and then paste it wherever.

"choose a favorite from the list" Is the part that never shows up. No list is presented. Just goes directly to "Where do you want to add this item".

I am running Eden, should I upgrade to the Frodo version of the favorites script?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2013-01-21

Anyone willing to test the concert part of the menu pls?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-01-21

(2013-01-21, 03:04)Sandriell Wrote:
(2013-01-16, 08:33)Skank Wrote:
(2013-01-15, 23:40)volarium Wrote: Agree with this comment - this is a bug in Frodo. You need to upgrade your favourites script, and then it should work. Try this link:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/script.favourites/

will try thx

I am also having the issue with favorites.

After enter the skin customization, click add fav, choose a favorite from the list and then paste it wherever.

"choose a favorite from the list" Is the part that never shows up. No list is presented. Just goes directly to "Where do you want to add this item".

I am running Eden, should I upgrade to the Frodo version of the favorites script?

MQ 2.5 is designed for Frodo only I beleive. If you are using Eden you should stick with the stable v1.7

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Buff - 2013-01-21

(2013-01-21, 13:38)Skank Wrote: Anyone willing to test the concert part of the menu pls?

Happy to test it Skank - I have all my concerts under a specific genre within movies, so search/navigate to them that way, but will give this a go to see if they show up etc...

Re: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2013-01-21

Thx

Hi Skank,

Added Concerts to main menu and they show up fine in the library apart from fanart, this is not showing even if I add it manually - bizarrely, the fanart is showing up under the recently added widget on the main menu. But the covers and movies are showing up fine and play fine as well from the Concerts library.

Just to let you know, these movies were already added in the movie library, so don't know if that makes any difference. I used the musicvideos.db to scrap, but an nfo file already exists as I use Ember Media Manager before adding any movies etc...

Hope that helps, let us know if you need me to check anything else etc...

(2013-01-21, 17:18)Buff Wrote: Hi Skank,

Added Concerts to main menu and they show up fine in the library apart from fanart, this is not showing even if I add it manually - bizarrely, the fanart is showing up under the recently added widget on the main menu. But the covers and movies are showing up fine and play fine as well from the Concerts library.

Just to let you know, these movies were already added in the movie library, so don't know if that makes any difference. I used the musicvideos.db to scrap, but an nfo file already exists as I use Ember Media Manager before adding any movies etc...

Hope that helps, let us know if you need me to check anything else etc...

Can you try from start without adding to movie library?
I dont have covers, fanart.. And stuff
Using concertdb as scraper
What scraper did u use?

Will do Skank - will probably be a few hours before I can get on there I'm afraid, but I will report back.

Could I ask a favour in return? I've noticed a few posts from yourself and others about the Favourites script, I was just wondering what your expectations were of this. Basically, I was expecting to be able to add a main menu or sub menu button for favourites, which when clicked on will show all your favourites. This is what happens on Transparency and Confluence (it's a side button, rather than a main menu button) and is great - you add movies to favourites and then click on a menu button to go to all your favourites. It seems in Aeon MQ4 you can only add single favourites to the menu or sub menu, which although could be useful, would seem rather limiting.

Just wondered what you were expecting etc....

Thx for being so helpful.
Yes im using favourites now and it works again.. Although sometimes disappearing..
What i do is: i make a shortcut to allmy video files (which contain homemademovies and demo stuff)
Then i add it to favourites.. And make the. Shortcut to favourites in main menu, this works

Other thing is, i. Label all my movies for kids with label "kids"
Then again make a video playlist for it, then i make a shortcut in mainmenu to that videoplaylist, this works too. Thats it Wink