Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - wreckthisplace - 2013-01-23

Sorry to hassle everyone, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced what I mentioned in my post earlier.

Also, I've been having an odd problem and I'm not sure if it's skin related or not. Certain video files that played fine before all of a sudden stop playing with audio when I launch them. This was happening in Eden. I got fed up and decided to do a fresh install of Frodo and start from scratch, meaning I re-scanned all of my movies files, downloaded the Aeon MQ4 for Frodo and re-set it all up. The movie files would play fine at first and then some time later, the same files would launch without the audio.

I am running XBMC from OS X and using a program called Airparrot to send it to my Apple TV 3 so I can watch it on my TV. After the audio issue arrises, I can take Airparrot out of the equation and the problem still remains. Doing a fresh install of XBMC and re-scanning my video folders seems to fix the problem until it happens again.

Any idea what could be going on? Does it have something to do with AC 3 audio?

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-01-24

Quote:Samu-rai, I read your answer but I don't understand how this samba file can resolve my problem. When I installed the zip file I did it locally so I don't need a Samba share.

Hi Jxx7

Ok, so as you are unable to instal the skin via the 'instal from zip' feature, you will need to manually extract the mq4 skin folder from the zip file and place it in XBMC's addon folder.

Now on windows this is a relatively simple procedure as you can easily navigate to the addons folder in question.

With openelec however, it isn't this easy as the XBMC folder, and addon folder within it are by default inaccessible. What my previous post described was how to enable access to these hidden folders through the samba share so that you can manually upgrade mq4 by placing the new skin folder you will have extracted, into said addons folder. Hopefully that's a bit clearer, but let me know if not.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Tomkun - 2013-01-24

(2013-01-23, 18:01)Skank Wrote:
(2013-01-23, 15:15)gibxxi Wrote: I echo Skank's sentiments, if not the wording. Marcos and co. make some great skins, and their work is apprieciated emmensely, but of late it seems the next "big thing" is on the table before the dust has even begun to settle on the current project, leaving a lot of loyal users with a end-result that is only 90% complete each time around.

Sorry if that sounds overly negative, or ungrateful. But it's one of the main reasons i've held off becoming a VIP, to be brutally honest.

Confused

+1 i dont mean to sound ungrateful

I may have grossly misunderstood the situation and if I have I sincerely apologise, but I have used the mq skins now for a long time and one thing that bothers me is the 'VIP' thing.

'VIP' just means somebody who has contributed monetarily to the project, am I right? And for that they get access to some special releases or something? I haven't donated as of yet, but to be honest I cannot see any reason why I would. Unless the VIPs are treated to a version that is working and us poor plebs are not privy to it yet? If I had donated and was told the skin was scrapped and to be replaced by something else, I would be extremely annoyed.

So really, I have to echo the sentiments above - is this the end of MQ4, only to be replaced by 'Ace'? And if so, how do you explain that to the poor saps who have donated and more to the point, how do you expect any others to donate?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - BoDoP - 2013-01-24

(2013-01-24, 16:12)Tomkun Wrote:
(2013-01-23, 18:01)Skank Wrote:
(2013-01-23, 15:15)gibxxi Wrote: I echo Skank's sentiments, if not the wording. Marcos and co. make some great skins, and their work is apprieciated emmensely, but of late it seems the next "big thing" is on the table before the dust has even begun to settle on the current project, leaving a lot of loyal users with a end-result that is only 90% complete each time around.

Sorry if that sounds overly negative, or ungrateful. But it's one of the main reasons i've held off becoming a VIP, to be brutally honest.

Confused

+1 i dont mean to sound ungrateful

I may have grossly misunderstood the situation and if I have I sincerely apologise, but I have used the mq skins now for a long time and one thing that bothers me is the 'VIP' thing.

'VIP' just means somebody who has contributed monetarily to the project, am I right? And for that they get access to some special releases or something? I haven't donated as of yet, but to be honest I cannot see any reason why I would. Unless the VIPs are treated to a version that is working and us poor plebs are not privy to it yet? If I had donated and was told the skin was scrapped and to be replaced by something else, I would be extremely annoyed.

So really, I have to echo the sentiments above - is this the end of MQ4, only to be replaced by 'Ace'? And if so, how do you explain that to the poor saps who have donated and more to the point, how do you expect any others to donate?

So you "have used the mq skins now for a long time" and have not donated nor see "any reason why I would"
That about says it all really!

Donating is, (Just my opinion and how I feel), appreciation for the very long hours/days/weeks/months if not years work previously done and the use/enjoyment I have already gotten from the long hours of work and frustration put in by the person/people who create this skin.
VIP status, anything additional to VIP's now or in the future is to me a Bonus! In other words I would have donated regardless.

Every time I read these posts that claim to be grateful But have issues with donating or not donating, the small and usually quickly resolved problems with the skin etc. I wonder why and how these developers keep going and doing what they do!

Personally. I have already got well more than my moneys worth from my relatively small donation!
Honestly. If I had of created a skin anywhere near as good as this with the hours of work involved. I would be charging a hell of a lot more than giving it away and politely asking for a small donation of appreciation and be far ruder with non contributors then these gentlemen are!

And if everyone is honest with yourself I would bet you would also!
If not, then I look forward to whatever you do/make/create/build being given away for me to try shortly from you.

Although I use MQ3/4/Ace I appreciate all of the developers of not only these skins but of XBMC itself.
IMHO they Do Not here praise nearly often enough.

This really is not aimed at anyone in particular I just get tired of reading through complaints, questioning the developers requesting even a small contribution for their great work, and people too focused on what will receive rather than showing appreciation for what they have already gotten!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-01-24

(2013-01-24, 17:01)BoDoP Wrote:
(2013-01-24, 16:12)Tomkun Wrote:
(2013-01-23, 18:01)Skank Wrote: +1 i dont mean to sound ungrateful

So you "have used the mq skins now for a long time" and have not donated nor see "any reason why I would"

Donating is, (Just my opinion and how I feel), appreciation for the very long hours/days/weeks/months if not years work previously done and the use/enjoyment I have already gotten from the long hours of work and frustration put in by the person/people who create this skin.
VIP status, anything additional to VIP's now or in the future is to me a Bonus! In other words I would have donated regardless.

Every time I read these posts that claim to be grateful But have issues with donating or not donating, the small and usually quickly resolved problems with the skin etc. I wonder why and how these developers keep going and doing what they do!

Personally. I have already got well more than my moneys worth from my relatively small donation!
Honestly. If I had of created a skin anywhere near as good as this with the hours of work involved. I would be charging a hell of a lot more than giving it away and politely asking for a small donation of appreciation and be far ruder with non contributors then these gentlemen are!

If not, then I look forward to whatever you do/make/create/build being given away for me to try shortly from you.

Although I use MQ3/4/Ace I appreciate all of the developers of not only these skins but of XBMC itself.

This really is not aimed at anyone in particular I just get tired of reading through complaints, questioning the developers requesting even a small contribution for their great work, and people too focused on what will receive rather than showing appreciation for what they have already gotten!

+1

You don't donate because you get something out of it. You do it to show you appreciate the hard work someone has put into a 'product' you enjoy, and has then distributed for free.

If that’s the attitude you have you should stay away from open source products and stick to the far inferior, commercial resources and software available.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - AGunzXBMC - 2013-01-24

(2013-01-24, 18:13)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-01-24, 17:01)BoDoP Wrote:
(2013-01-24, 16:12)Tomkun Wrote: I may have grossly misunderstood the situation and if I have I sincerely apologise, but I have used the mq skins now for a long time and one thing that bothers me is the 'VIP' thing.

+1

You don't donate because you get something out of it. You do it to show you appreciate the hard work someone has put into a 'product' you enjoy, and has then distributed for free.

If that’s the attitude you have you should stay away from open source products and stick to the far inferior, commercial resources and software available.

Basically, if we can't make our own awesome skin donating is the least we can do. Aeon MQ4 is by far the best looking and feature rich skin I've used.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - tommymsw - 2013-01-25

Ungh... I upgraded to Frodo RC3 and MQ4 was working fine except for the "new shows" part... I had disabled allinone. So, I installed MQ4 2.5 but I hadn't uninstalled the older version. So 2.5 installed and looked exactly as before and still no "new shows" part. I wanted to uninstall it and re-install but there is no option it uninstall (it's grayed out). Anyway to manually remove it and start all over? I tried removing the mq4 folder from ...roaming,addons (wherever it is) but when I started Frodo, the mq4 skin was still running! Thanks in advance... I'm just looking to manually delete it and start over Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2013-01-25

@tommymsw, the Skin MQ4 2.5 for XBMC Frodo, use addon Skin Widgets, allinone is used only in Eden Version.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Amby - 2013-01-25

Hi. Nice Skin but how can I deactivate the "progress-window" in Movies & TV-Series (yellow marked)? Thanks in advance

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-01-25

(2013-01-25, 14:12)Amby Wrote: Hi. Nice Skin but how can I deactivate the "progress-window" in Movies & TV-Series (yellow marked)? Thanks in advance

When on the main menu, press the down arrow until the bottom menu shows. Scroll across so the 'Furniture' tab is highlighted, above this an option to 'hide in-progress' or something along those lines will appear. Choose this and it will disappear.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - sfnetwork - 2013-01-25

(2013-01-25, 14:19)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-01-25, 14:12)Amby Wrote: Hi. Nice Skin but how can I deactivate the "progress-window" in Movies & TV-Series (yellow marked)? Thanks in advance

When on the main menu, press the down arrow until the bottom menu shows. Scroll across to the 'Furniture' tab, and then an option to 'hide in-progress' or something along those lines will appear. Choose this and it will disappear.

Thanks for that, I didn't know.
Is there any way to only disable the progress window for TV leaving the Movies one enabled?

(2013-01-25, 14:58)sfnetwork Wrote: Thanks for that, I didn't know.
Is there any way to only disable the progress window for TV leaving the Movies one enabled?

No I don't believe so. I think its all or nothing....

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Amby - 2013-01-25

Thanks for your help but there's no 'hide in-progress'-option in furniture only "hide library", "hide watch", "show rss", "main menu: wrap list", "submenu: wrap list", "end".

EDIT: GOT IT! You don't have to go into furniture, just highlight it. Thanks

(2013-01-25, 15:19)Amby Wrote: Thanks for your help but there's no 'hide in-progress'-option in furniture only "hide library", "hide watch", "show rss", "main menu: wrap list", "submenu: wrap list", "end".

It may not be furniture then. I'm not a home so I can’t have a look on my system. One of the tabs on the bottom menu, when you highlight it (not select) will bring up two options above it. One of which is 'hide in-progress bar' or something similar.

Quote:EDIT: GOT IT! You don't have to go into furniture, just highlight it. Thanks

Thats the one. No worries!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Ghostdivision - 2013-01-25

So far the latest version works well, but I am currently not getting any album or artist art in in showcase mode for music....

IS anyone else having this issue?

If marcos is reading i think its broken because its showing up for any other view, just showcase mode while browsing albums shows empty artwork