Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-01-25

(2013-01-25, 15:38)Ghostdivision Wrote: So far the latest version works well, but I am currently not getting any album or artist art in in showcase mode?

IS anyone else having this issue?

If marcos is reading i think its broken because its showing up for any other view, just showcase mode while browsing albums shows empty artwork

Yeah, there have been a few posts about this. It seems to be an error in that views code. I'm not sure if MQ is aware though.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Ghostdivision - 2013-01-25

Maybe wanilton could mention or ask him if he can stop by for a minute when he has a moment to check these few issues?

Were so close to having this working with frodo.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Nemrod - 2013-01-25

Hi,

Does anyone can tell me how to display fanart in show case view ?

Thanks
Nemrod

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-01-25

Sounds like a plan. He's been in here a few times in recent days with ACE updates, so prehaps someone could put it to him when he next pops in.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Nemrod - 2013-01-25

(2013-01-25, 16:02)Nemrod Wrote: Hi,

Does anyone can tell me how to display fanart in show case view ?

Thanks
Nemrod

I've tested every option, default fanart, extra fanart ... nothing. There something i forget or is different from MQ3 ? Thanks Wink

Another pint since update to from Eden & MQ3 to Frodo RC3 & MQ4 i notice few probelms :
- Lots of thnunbails are not displayed
- I need to refresh the data, i cannot simply use the local one

I'm gonna test with Eden.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2013-01-25

(2013-01-25, 13:08)Wanilton Wrote: @tommymsw, the Skin MQ4 2.5 for XBMC Frodo, use addon Skin Widgets, allinone is used only in Eden Version.

Im getting skin widgets error in mq4 2.5
Got latest skin widgets too
Any idea?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Tomkun - 2013-01-26

First of all, I'd like to say that I've obviously come across as more mercenary than I intended, but that's not what I meant.

(2013-01-24, 17:01)BoDoP Wrote: So you "have used the mq skins now for a long time" and have not donated nor see "any reason why I would"
That about says it all really!

If you cherry pick parts of what I said then of course it's going to sound bad. Poor choice of words on my part, but what you've done there is not fair. Note that I said 'I haven't donated as of yet', not 'I am not going to donate'. I was genuinely looking for an answer to a question, otherwise I'd have just kept my mouth shut and not donated, wouldn't I?

Quote:Donating is, (Just my opinion and how I feel), appreciation for the very long hours/days/weeks/months if not years work previously done and the use/enjoyment I have already gotten from the long hours of work and frustration put in by the person/people who create this skin.
VIP status, anything additional to VIP's now or in the future is to me a Bonus! In other words I would have donated regardless.

This attitude makes sense, but it's rather different to mine. I feel that a donation would be toward supporting future development of a product that I like and use, and in that vein I stand by what I said before. I don't see the point in donating if the product will be cancelled and replaced by something else.

(2013-01-24, 18:13)Samu-rai Wrote: You don't donate because you get something out of it. You do it to show you appreciate the hard work someone has put into a 'product' you enjoy, and has then distributed for free.

If that’s the attitude you have you should stay away from open source products and stick to the far inferior, commercial resources and software available.

Perhaps I've misunderstood you, but that doesn't make much sense to me at all. If I don't like the idea of paying for something that is free, then I should pay for something else?

Anyway, as I said previously I'm sorry that my first post came across as mercenary and ungrateful, we obviously have different opinions on what a donation represents. However, my question still stands - Is this the end of 'MQ4', only to be replaced with 'Ace'?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Hasselbaink - 2013-01-26

Hi,

I have a problem, how can see the TOP 250 IMDB Info in "Rating"?

I'm using "Showcase" view for movies, i see the ratings and votes but i dont know where is the Top 250 IMDB Info, im sure that the Info was downloaded because if i create a Smart playlist using this parameter it works fine even if i use other Skin i can see that info.

Do I have to do something to see this information?

Thanks in advance.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - BoDoP - 2013-01-26

(2013-01-26, 07:37)Tomkun Wrote: First of all, I'd like to say that I've obviously come across as more mercenary than I intended, but that's not what I meant.

[quote='BoDoP' pid='1309983' dateline='1359039717']

So you "have used the mq skins now for a long time" and have not donated nor see "any reason why I would"
That about says it all really!

If you cherry pick parts of what I said then of course it's going to sound bad. Poor choice of words on my part, but what you've done there is not fair. Note that I said 'I haven't donated as of yet', not 'I am not going to donate'. I was genuinely looking for an answer to a question, otherwise I'd have just kept my mouth shut and not donated, wouldn't I?

[quote]

This will be My last word on this matter as I do not feel that this is getting anywhere nor contributing anything to MQ4 at all.

Sorry you feel that I cherry picked your comments as you say.

But, practically anyone who reads your post will see that is simply quoting statements you made on a single subject. If you don't feel they were relevant to each other or the conclusion that I drew is not accurate that is fine.
I believe that most people who read your post though would draw the same conclusion I did about your feelings on using/contributing/donating as a result of your comments.
By your statement I know that you have used MQ4 for a long time, which means through many updates, fixes and possibly versions, and yet you have not donated! Which is your choice and fine as far as I am concerned, really. You did post about it on an open forum though!

Would you agree that you do sort of imply there is a reason your have not donated and that you would donate now if you knew that MQ4 would continue to be updated and progress.
Well then get out your wallet because unless I have misread previous posts it has been made clear already that MQ4 (or greater version) is not being put out to pasture or becoming a no longer developed/bug fixed skin by the developer.
Someone with much more knowledge that than me on future plans for Aeon MQ? can likely confirm or deny that conclusion.

This skin even has been updated to run with a yet uncompleted/stable version in Frodo 12.0! The absolute latest XBMC release!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2013-01-26

Hello everyone, Ace 0.6.1 is in the air (in google drive) and now I will return to Aeon MQ 4 for a while.

I would like to give a big thanks to all donors, translators and other people who never made ​​a contribution but follows my work with respect. When it comes from the heart, is the most important part.

Returning the MQ 4. Is there a serious bug in version 2.5.0 Frodo?

@to all:

For all practical purposes, any message/discussion about donation will be removed without previous warning.

To comment about Ace skin, use the WIP area.
http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=160

Thank you.

Aeon MQ 4 - 2.6.0 available

http://mod-skin.googlecode.com/files/skin.aeonmq.4-2.6.0.zip

Changelog:

Fixed - Fanart does not appear to Concerts (Music Videos).
Fixed - missing album cover and image of the artist in Showcase/music.

Known Bugs:

TV Guide window needs fixes.
Missing information (cover, plot) for playlists in the main menu.

I'll start working on this.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2013-01-26

(2013-01-26, 20:20)MarcosQui Wrote: Aeon MQ 4 - 2.6.0 available

http://mod-skin.googlecode.com/files/skin.aeonmq.4-2.6.0.zip

Changelog:

Fixed - Fanart does not appear to Concerts (Music Videos).
Fixed - missing album cover and image of the artist in Showcase/music.

Known Bugs:

TV Guide window needs fixes.
Missing information (cover, plot) for playlists in the main menu.

I'll start working on this.

Cool! Thx
Gonna try out the fix for concerts too!
In 2.5 i got error with skin widgets error..
Gonna try ace on testpc too
Thx for all the work!

Edit: just tested 2.6 again and i get service.skin.widgets error (think it might be wi recent added ones, cause they dont show up too)

and concerts still isnt fixed for me (using concertdb scraper)

Re: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - wouterdt - 2013-01-26

Marcos thank you for fixing album covers.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - scott967 - 2013-01-27

Still have a problem from back in Eden that's still in 2.6.0. Smart playlists don't work in concerts. All I get is an empty window. I can get a context menu but only options are update library or shutdown menu. Looking at my debug log it appears the skin is trying to open a directory musicvideoplaylists (from line 671 in log) which doesn't exist. I think it should be special://profile/playlists/video plus special://profile/playlists/mixed

scott s.