Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-02-12

Hi skank

Is that a nightly build? I'm running openelec so not sure if this will be possible if it is.

If you can wait until the weekend I can put a spare graphics card in my Windows 7 machine and try it out for you then?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - bejcon - 2013-02-13

(2013-02-12, 10:42)Samu-rai Wrote: AWESOME ANSWERS..

Hopefully that makes sense? Let me know if not. If you love MQ2, once you get used to MQ4 it's going to blow your mind..... Tongue

Thank you SO much! I felt it was something simple on all of my four questions but I was probably to tiered to realize that, haha..

Loving MQ 4 so far, and when I moved the menu to the middle, the "current episode" feature was instead shown beneath the main menu. Looks f*cking fantastic! And it's SO FAST! Smile

I've actually got one more question for you: Can I add a "Shutdown" button in the actual Main menu, or do I have to use the one on the bottom (not that big of a deal, just wondering)?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2013-02-13

(2013-02-12, 23:58)Samu-rai Wrote: Hi skank

Is that a nightly build? I'm running openelec so not sure if this will be possible if it is.

If you can wait until the weekend I can put a spare graphics card in my Windows 7 machine and try it out for you then?

Wow, that would be very much appreciated !
Yes its a windows build based on frodo final
See: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154534

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-02-13

(2013-02-13, 00:05)bejcon Wrote:
(2013-02-12, 10:42)Samu-rai Wrote: AWESOME ANSWERS..

Hopefully that makes sense? Let me know if not. If you love MQ2, once you get used to MQ4 it's going to blow your mind..... Tongue

Thank you SO much! I felt it was something simple on all of my four questions but I was probably to tiered to realize that, haha..

Loving MQ 4 so far, and when I moved the menu to the middle, the "current episode" feature was instead shown beneath the main menu. Looks f*cking fantastic! And it's SO FAST! Smile

I've actually got one more question for you: Can I add a "Shutdown" button in the actual Main menu, or do I have to use the one on the bottom (not that big of a deal, just wondering)?

I don't think there is a way of doing that unfortunately. Not without adjusting the code of the skin, which wouldn't be too difficult, but you need to know where to look and what to change.

I'm glad you got it up and running though!

(2013-02-13, 00:06)Skank Wrote:
(2013-02-12, 23:58)Samu-rai Wrote: Hi skank

Wow, that would be very much appreciated !
Yes its a windows build based on frodo final
See: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154534

No worries mate. I'll have ago at the weekend and report back. Is their anything in particular you need me to try?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2013-02-13

yes, only concerts
i get no covers (posters) or fanart when going into library (using musicvideodatabase MQ or the concertdb)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - dsloper - 2013-02-13

Bug (possible)

Seen in last 3 versions of MQ4 but not in confluence.

Looking at the Recent Additions widget for TV Shows, as you select the cover, it shows the sypnosis in the main window.

However, only the first 2 shows show the Series Name at the top of the sypnosis (where it shows the episode name). The 3rd and subsequent do not show the TV Show name.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - davematt0709 - 2013-02-13

(2013-02-12, 14:16)davematt0709 Wrote:
(2013-02-12, 01:50)MarcosQui Wrote: Aeon MQ 4 version 2.9.0 available

Changelog:

Fixed: View Sets removed. That was damaging the display of fanart.

Updated by repository.

Thanks for such an amazing program! Moved from XBMC Eden to Frodo and updated MQ4 to version 2.8.0 over the weekend and could not work out why I lost all my fanart in library mode, even though was on home page in view modes. The 2.9.0 update has fixed this problem. All movie menus now seem to be working ok, just movie sets that is not showing fantart backgrounds.

Have two other problems though that I have not been able to resolve,

1. Music. I have lost all my cd album art and cannot get it back, even though it is all still there within the folders of each album. In cdART Manager I notice that there are only 3 artists and 5 local discs, although for these 5 discs there is still no album art showing! I assume my settings are incorrect, although this worked fine when I was using Eden. In cdART Manager Settings, the Music Folder Path (for Artwork) is set to My Music Folder where the individual albums are stored, each with the album image stored as a .tbn file. Is this incorrect?
Edit: I have just Refreshed Addon Database in cdART Manager and album artists jumped to 27 and Local Discs to 63 (home page now showing 136 artists, 51 albums, 999 tracks - I have 53 albums on my hard drive so far!!), but still showing 0 for Local cdARTs. Cannot work out what I am doing wrong so any help would be appreciated.

2. Concerts. I have some music videos and concerts in a separate folder on the hardrive to where I store movies, although both are within a folder labelled Videos. When I add the Concerts folder as the source it does not work - when click on Concerts from home screen, I get message Empty Collection, with Concerts and Movies appearing in file list on the left! I do not understand what I am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Finally managed to get my artwork back for music CDs by uninstalling and reinstalling music, and Scanning Item to Library, but still cannot get cdART Manager to work with MQ4. Has anybody else managed to get it to work? Also music still has wrong info on homescreen with regard to no of artists, albums and tracks. No idea how to sort this or is it a bug, any thoughts?

Also still not been able to get Concerts to show music videos just states empty collection and file list for Concerts and Movies. If I click on Concerts it shows them OK, although with no fanart. So problem doesn't seam to be same as for Skank. No one else having this problem?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - fnwc - 2013-02-13

I'm having an issue with a particular view. When I set the Movies->Genres view to showcase, I'm completely unable to change the view (I'm stuck in kiosk mode):

I was trying to manually set the alternative genre icons (I have the extrapack loaded) and when I returned to the view I got this. Now I'm stuck in this view, even after resetting the skin.

I removed the guisettings.xml in allow xbmc to recreate it, but I'm still stuck.

Any ideas?

(2013-02-13, 00:50)davematt0709 Wrote:
(2013-02-12, 14:16)davematt0709 Wrote:
(2013-02-12, 01:50)MarcosQui Wrote: Aeon MQ 4 version 2.9.0 available

Changelog:

Fixed: View Sets removed. That was damaging the display of fanart.

Updated by repository.

Thanks for such an amazing program! Moved from XBMC Eden to Frodo and updated MQ4 to version 2.8.0 over the weekend and could not work out why I lost all my fanart in library mode, even though was on home page in view modes. The 2.9.0 update has fixed this problem. All movie menus now seem to be working ok, just movie sets that is not showing fantart backgrounds.

Have two other problems though that I have not been able to resolve,

1. Music. I have lost all my cd album art and cannot get it back, even though it is all still there within the folders of each album. In cdART Manager I notice that there are only 3 artists and 5 local discs, although for these 5 discs there is still no album art showing! I assume my settings are incorrect, although this worked fine when I was using Eden. In cdART Manager Settings, the Music Folder Path (for Artwork) is set to My Music Folder where the individual albums are stored, each with the album image stored as a .tbn file. Is this incorrect?
Edit: I have just Refreshed Addon Database in cdART Manager and album artists jumped to 27 and Local Discs to 63 (home page now showing 136 artists, 51 albums, 999 tracks - I have 53 albums on my hard drive so far!!), but still showing 0 for Local cdARTs. Cannot work out what I am doing wrong so any help would be appreciated.

2. Concerts. I have some music videos and concerts in a separate folder on the hardrive to where I store movies, although both are within a folder labelled Videos. When I add the Concerts folder as the source it does not work - when click on Concerts from home screen, I get message Empty Collection, with Concerts and Movies appearing in file list on the left! I do not understand what I am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Finally managed to get my artwork back for music CDs by uninstalling and reinstalling music, and Scanning Item to Library, but still cannot get cdART Manager to work with MQ4. Has anybody else managed to get it to work? Also music still has wrong info on homescreen with regard to no of artists, albums and tracks. No idea how to sort this or is it a bug, any thoughts?

Also still not been able to get Concerts to show music videos just states empty collection and file list for Concerts and Movies. If I click on Concerts it shows them OK, although with no fanart. So problem doesn't seam to be same as for Skank. No one else having this problem?

Have you downloaded the latest frodo version of cdART Manager? If so it should be just a matter of going into the add-ons program menu, selecting cdART and the rest is pretty self explanatory.

(2013-02-13, 06:39)fnwc Wrote: I'm having an issue with a particular view. When I set the Movies->Genres view to showcase, I'm completely unable to change the view (I'm stuck in kiosk mode):

I was trying to manually set the alternative genre icons (I have the extrapack loaded) and when I returned to the view I got this. Now I'm stuck in this view, even after resetting the skin.

I removed the guisettings.xml in allow xbmc to recreate it, but I'm still stuck.

Any ideas?

I'm not sure the exact issue you’re experiencing. Are you just stuck in kiosk mode? If so go to the settings menu (this can be reached via the bottom menu on the home screen), select 'Skin Settings' and in here you will be able to turn kiosk mode off (it's the top option). You can then make any changes you need through the top menu in library mode etc.

If this isn't what you were after let me know.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - bwhinnen - 2013-02-13

BUG: Posters/thumbnails are not shown in SHOWCASE unless "USE MEDIA CASE" is selected under MEDIA INFO.

If I change the view to anything else such as LOW LIST or LIST the posters/thumbnails show up fine with or without the "USE MEDIA CASE" option. When I hit the "info" button on any TV show or Movie at the base level I see the correct thumbnail/poster is shown, just not displayed.

I am running OpenELEC 2.99.2 and obviously MQ4 2.9.0 Smile

EDIT: I have stacked set to off under "COLLECTION" for SHOWCASE as well.

Thanks

Brett

(2013-02-13, 10:56)bwhinnen Wrote: BUG: Posters/thumbnails are not shown in SHOWCASE unless "USE MEDIA CASE" is selected under MEDIA INFO.

If I change the view to anything else such as LOW LIST or LIST the posters/thumbnails show up fine with or without the "USE MEDIA CASE" option. When I hit the "info" button on any TV show or Movie at the base level I see the correct thumbnail/poster is shown, just not displayed.

Thanks

Brett

Hi Brett

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Could you take a screen shot?

I'm on exactly the same set up as you so will test it out when I get home.

If we can try and locate and confirm all of the bugs today, then I'll send Marcos and email asking for his assistance (when he gets a moment)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - bwhinnen - 2013-02-13

(2013-02-13, 13:03)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-02-13, 10:56)bwhinnen Wrote: BUG: Posters/thumbnails are not shown in SHOWCASE unless "USE MEDIA CASE" is selected under MEDIA INFO.

Thanks

Brett

Hi Brett

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Could you take a screen shot?

I'm on exactly the same set up as you so will test it out when I get home.

If we can try and locate and confirm all of the bugs today, then I'll send Marcos and email asking for his assistance (when he gets a moment)

Ok here are some camera shots. These are of the Movies section.

This shot is with the default settings, so normal thumbnails should be displayed. As you can see they are not.

In this shot I have set the "USE MEDIA CASE" option under the MEDIA INFO section to on and you can see the thumbnails are displayed correctly, but with the media case on them.

In this shot I have turned the "USE MEDIA CASE" option off and turned on the "STACKED" option under COLLECTION and as you can see the thumbnails now appear as they should, but stacked in a cover flow style.

I hope that clears it up somewhat, sorry for the crappy photos.

Brett

OK, I think I get what you mean.

So if you are in showcase view and you have the 'Media Case's' turned off, and 'Stacked' option turned off, the it shows no posters?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - fnwc - 2013-02-13

(2013-02-13, 10:56)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-02-13, 06:39)fnwc Wrote: I'm having an issue with a particular view. When I set the Movies->Genres view to showcase, I'm completely unable to change the view (I'm stuck in kiosk mode):

Any ideas?

I'm not sure the exact issue you’re experiencing. Are you just stuck in kiosk mode? If so go to the settings menu (this can be reached via the bottom menu on the home screen), select 'Skin Settings' and in here you will be able to turn kiosk mode off (it's the top option). You can then make any changes you need through the top menu in library mode etc.

If this isn't what you were after let me know.

No, I'm not in kiosk mode (what I meant to say was, it's *like* I'm stuck in kiosk mode). I can actually change the view settings in every other page (e.g., movie title view) other than the video genre page. Basically, I was changing my view type for the movie genre page from the default list view to showcase view. However, the extrapack genre icons and backgrounds were not showing (I had just finished downloading them), it was showing the genre icons above in the screenshot.

Because it looked like the genre icons and fanart weren't working at all, I figured I needed to manually point the view at the directory, so I changed the setting of alternative genre icons to the extrapack path (something like C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\skin.extrapack.aeonmq.4\icons_video​genre) and then let the top menu go... and then I was stuck in this view.

I'm unable to get the view selector back (the top menu) at all, it's like I'm "stuck" in this view mode now, and the genre icons are still messed up (that's a separate issue). It's almost as if I'm in kiosk mode, but only for the video genre page -- even though I can still freely access the top menu and change views for other pages.

Thanks.

Ok, how about going into movie or TV library (doesn't matter which) and deactivating the showcase view.

This will hopefully deactivate the view in your genres menu aswell, and take you back to the default list view.