Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2013-02-18

(2013-02-18, 09:27)rogerspam Wrote: Hi everyone. I'm trying to figure out how to assign a default view (Shelf) and have it apply to all *movie sets*.
My movies view is set to "Large list" and I would like to change the default view for *movie sets* to "Shelf". As of right now, in order to achieve that, I have to go to each individual *movie sets* (ie: Lion King Collection, Toy Story Collection) and change the view for each series.

I searched this forum and found a few posts mentioning having a custom view for different genre but I can't find the options or instruction on how to do so.

Dont think you can do this. Would be welcome though. Perhaps for aeon mq5?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-02-18

(2013-02-18, 00:19)Steini Wrote: I have not gotten an ansver from a few pages ago, but I'm still having problems with recently added posters.

Is there a way to make aeonmq4 use the default recently added instead of skin widgets?

I tried to uninstall skin widgets and recently added only worked in confluence but not in aeonmq4.

Thanks

MQ4 for Frodo has been written to use the skin widgets as they are much more stable.

You could try using the old allinone script for Frodo, but no guarantee this will work, and you may have to roll back to an earlier version of the skin before the skin widgets were introduced which again has its own pitfalls.

(2013-02-18, 02:54)wreckthisplace Wrote: Hey there,

Is there any way to get the weather in celsius and not fahrenheit? When I choose my location, I see it display in celsius for a split second and then it changes to fahrenheit.

Thanks.

I should think this will be controlled by the weather add-on rather than the skin. If you find the weather add-on in your enabled add-on list and select configure, this should bring up any relevant options to achieve this.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2013-02-18

Samu-rai, you dont need to test concerts anymore with dsplayer..
Its fixed with latest dsplayer version.. So. Its wasnt a skin issue Wink
Thx anyway

Alright mate. No worries!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Steini - 2013-02-18

(2013-02-18, 15:37)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-02-18, 00:19)Steini Wrote: I have not gotten an ansver from a few pages ago, but I'm still having problems with recently added posters.

Is there a way to make aeonmq4 use the default recently added instead of skin widgets?

I tried to uninstall skin widgets and recently added only worked in confluence but not in aeonmq4.

Thanks

MQ4 for Frodo has been written to use the skin widgets as they are much more stable.

You could try using the old allinone script for Frodo, but no guarantee this will work, and you may have to roll back to an earlier version of the skin before the skin widgets were introduced which again has its own pitfalls.

Allinone was much worse for me Sad

I got information in the skin widgets thread that it was a problem with aeonmq4 not skin widgets itself.

Maybe there is some function that has to be invoked so that us with mysql gets their posters in recently added?

(2013-02-18, 19:38)Steini Wrote:
(2013-02-18, 15:37)Samu-rai Wrote:

Thanks

I got information in the skin widgets thread that it was a problem with aeonmq4 not skin widgets itself.

Maybe there is some function that has to be invoked so that us with mysql gets their posters in recently added?

I don't know much about mysql and frodo other than the changes I read bout here. Sorry

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Steini - 2013-02-18

(2013-02-18, 19:57)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-02-18, 19:38)Steini Wrote:
(2013-02-18, 15:37)Samu-rai Wrote: MQ4 for Frodo has been written to use the skin widgets as they are much more stable.

I don't know much about mysql and frodo other than the changes I read bout here. Sorry

I think it's a caching issue:
From the wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thumbnails/Cache
"The cache operates primarily on an "as and when needed" basis. i.e. textures are cached when they're first requested to be loaded."

How the recently added feature works in confluence is that it requests the thumbnail and the covers are shown. However in aeonmq4 (skin widgets) the thumbnails is not cached and therefore I get a blank thumbnail.

(2013-02-18, 20:30)Steini Wrote:
(2013-02-18, 19:57)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-02-18, 19:38)Steini Wrote: Allinone was much worse for me Sad

I think it's a caching issue:
From the wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thumbnails/Cache
"The cache operates primarily on an "as and when needed" basis. i.e. textures are cached when they're first requested to be loaded."

How the recently added feature works in confluence is that it requests the thumbnail and the covers are shown. However in aeonmq4 (skin widgets) the thumbnails is not cached and therefore I get a blank thumbnail.

That makes sense. Now you've just got to figure out how to get around it.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - tododo - 2013-02-18

Sorry if been asked before - Im running an n36 HP Microserver (I know its low tech)
8gb ram but damn does this skin eat cpu - especially on the Music - with Art backgrounds and spinning CDArt etc
CPU goes up to 100% on both cores

Gutted - great great skin too

Wierd thing is when the lyrics pop up after a while cpu drops to 30% on ubuntu serverHuh

Its mainly when the Menu Bar is displayed.....odd .....any ideas anybody

(2013-02-18, 22:38)tododo Wrote: Sorry if been asked before - Im running an n36 HP Microserver (I know its low tech)
8gb ram but damn does this skin eat cpu - especially on the Music - with Art backgrounds and spinning CDArt etc
CPU goes up to 100% on both cores

Gutted - great great skin too

Wierd thing is when the lyrics pop up after a while cpu drops to 30% on ubuntu serverHuh

Its mainly when the Menu Bar is displayed.....odd .....any ideas anybody

Have you tried the skinners cut? It may make a bit of difference in performance...

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - wreckthisplace - 2013-02-18

Hey there,

Still looking for an answer for my earlier post regarding showing the weather in Celsius and not Fahrenheit, but in the meantime I have another question and I've been desperately trying to figure this out. I have customized My Menu so that some Addons and Favorites appear at the top and can be accessed when I scroll over to My Menu and press up. The problem I am having is that sometimes they disappear when I exit out of another menu or video to the home screen. They only reappear at the top again after I press the home button (on the official XBMC remote iPhone app) twice or when I enter another menu (for instance, TV Shows) and then exit out to the home screen again. I hope that makes sense. It did this in Eden as well. Is this a bug or do I have something set up wrong? It's honestly the only thing that is preventing this skin from being my perfect skin.

Any help or suggestions with this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - tododo - 2013-02-19

(2013-02-18, 23:33)Samu-rai Wrote: Have you tried the skinners cut? It may make a bit of difference in performance...

Ive tried it very briefly - and I dont "think" there was much difference

Its on the machine - so will give that another go and see how is

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-02-19

(2013-02-18, 23:58)wreckthisplace Wrote: Hey there,

Still looking for an answer for my earlier post regarding showing the weather in Celsius and not Fahrenheit, but in the meantime I have another question and I've been desperately trying to figure this out. I have customized My Menu so that some Addons and Favorites appear at the top and can be accessed when I scroll over to My Menu and press up. The problem I am having is that sometimes they disappear when I exit out of another menu or video to the home screen. They only reappear at the top again after I press the home button (on the official XBMC remote iPhone app) twice or when I enter another menu (for instance, TV Shows) and then exit out to the home screen again. I hope that makes sense. It did this in Eden as well. Is this a bug or do I have something set up wrong? It's honestly the only thing that is preventing this skin from being my perfect skin.

Any help or suggestions with this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

It's a skin bug. The only suggestion I can make is to place the add-ons and favourites on one of the submenus instead of the top.

I answered your other question here.

(2013-02-19, 08:39)tododo Wrote:
(2013-02-18, 23:33)Samu-rai Wrote: Have you tried the skinners cut? It may make a bit of difference in performance...

Ive tried it very briefly - and I dont "think" there was much difference

Its on the machine - so will give that another go and see how is

MQ4 is a very CPU intensive skin. There is a huge amount of code involved in providing all the features.

Marcos is discussing ideas for MQ5 here, and his plans seem to be to make it much lighter than MQ4, much like his new skin ACE.

I've got ACE on my system and it's great. Different from MQ4, but it still has many of the features we all love, and it is perfect for low powered systems like yours.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Hasselbaink - 2013-02-19

Hi Samu-rai,

I dont know if you saw my answer in Page 324 about Top 250 IMdb Info:

(2013-02-16, 14:06)Samu-rai Wrote: FYI for everyone - I've emailed MQ with the bugs reported (apart from number 4, that was my error not a problem with the skin).

I know he's busy with ACE among other things at the moment, and he does do all this for free, but hopefully he will be able to fix some of these and upload a new release when he gets a chance.

(2013-02-15, 22:21)Hasselbaink Wrote: Hi,

I dont know if it is a problem or not but i cant see Top 250 IMDB Info.

I'm using "Showcase" view for Movies, i see the ratings and votes but i dont know where is the Top 250 IMDB Info, im sure that the Info was downloaded by the scraper because if i create a Smartplaylist using this parameter it works fine even if i use other Skin (Aeon NOX) i can see that info.

Do I have to do something to see this information?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Hasselbaink

What are you trying to see? It's rank in the Top 250?

Hi,

Yes it is, when I use other Skin i can see the Top 250 IMdb in Rating Info, for example with Aeon Nox:

If I change to Aeon MQ4 the Info is not visible, im sure that the info is in the database because is showed with others skin even I can use the parameter "Top 250" in Smart Playlist and works fine.

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-02-19

Sorry Hasselbaink, I thought I'd already answered you.

I had a play around but couldn't get it to show the rank, so I don't think the skin uses this data. I could be wrong though.

Maybe you could suggest it as a feature for MQ5 or even ACE?