Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - hugostiglitz - 2013-03-05

Slight story before a question.
I've gone back to aeon nox just till a few bugs get sorted out with mq4. However all the artworks a bit jumbled and doesn't appear remotely on my iPhone aswell as in certain views. only the stuff I put on their after I went to mq4 is fine. I really don't want to rescrape as I've got over 700 films, a lot of which I've changed the covers + fan art for and really do not want to go through that all again. So yeah is there any way to undo it or will I have to deal with itHuh

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-03-05

(2013-03-05, 01:02)jjmucker Wrote: Thanks. I've tried the unzipping and manually putting the folder into the addons folder so will keep you posted. Hopefully that sorts out the dependency thing. Weird eh?

MQ4 is a big change from MQ3 and will take me a while to get used to.
Two things I'm struggling with at the moment.

1. I wish to have "exit XBMC" simply just minimize XBMC, rather than completely shutting down. I've went into settings and adjusted it accordingly to do just that, but it doesn't seem to work. It still shuts XBMC completely down. Never had that problem with MQ3.

2. Adding menu item ( not sub folders ) to the main menu. On MQ3 I had a "shutdown" named button, which did what I'm wanting the above problem to do but I can't seem to see where to do this. Basically so that if I wanted to minimize XBMC I just just scroll left or right with my remote and click on "shutdown" to minimize XBMC.

Hopefully I can fix these "problems" because I'm really starting to like this skin. I honestly didn't think there was a better skin than MQ3, this might just be it.

Thank you

(2013-03-05, 02:08)jjmucker Wrote: Also, with MQ3 I had a "browser" menu item on the home screen that was linked to advanced launcher to open Mozilla Firefox, which also minimized XBMC and opened a browser.
Please tell me this is possible with MQ4?

I’ll try and answer your questions in order you wrote them:

1) I don’t use the custom shutdown function myself as I run openelec, but it’s my understanding that that function only affects the shutdown button.

So if you press the ‘Exit XBMC’ button on the bottom menu it will do exactly that.

If you select the ‘Shutdown’ button that appears in the line above when you highlight ‘Exit XBMC’, and have the system set to minimize in the system settings when this is selected, then it will do what you have customized it to.

If I’m wrong though, we can quite easily customise the skin code to do as you want it to.

2) Unlike MQ3, MQ4 has been specifically designed to hold all the shutdown options on the bottom menu rather than on the main bar.

MQ did a survey during the beta stages of MQ4 and the majority of people preferred it down there. So unfortunately there isn’t a simple way to get this feature.

I personally prefer having it located at the bottom, but I guess it’s just a personal preference.

3) To do this you need to entre the ‘customization’ menu, which again can be found on the home screen bottom menu.

When you’re in this screen, above the main menu bar you will see some options, one of which will start ‘+ADD-ON’. Choose this, and then choose program add-on’s from the next list of options you’re given.

Choose the advanced launcher as the program you want to add, and then choose to add it to the main menu. This will now create a new main menu item which will lead directly to the advanced launcher. You can then rename it, change its fanart etc.

A tutorial I did here shows you the same process, but adds a Video playlist instead of a program add-on. It should show you what to do if you get stuck though.

Let me know if you have any issues.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - jjmucker - 2013-03-05

Thanks man. I really appreciate you helping. I'll do as you'd mentioned and report back. However, there is no "shutdown" button.
All i see on the line above exit XBMC is

turn off system, restart, suspend, hibernate, reload skin, timer, cancel timer and change user

(2013-03-05, 16:27)jjmucker Wrote: Thanks man. I really appreciate you helping. I'll do as you'd mentioned and report back. However, there is no "shutdown" button.
All i see on the line above exit XBMC is

turn off system, restart, suspend, hibernate, reload skin, timer, cancel timer and change user

No worries. I would think it will be 'Turn off System' then, but if not come back to me and we'll try and amend the code.

Hi. turn off system, turns the whole PC off, even though i have it set to minimize.

Thanks.

(2013-03-05, 16:49)jjmucker Wrote: Hi. turn off system, turns the whole PC off, even though i have it set to minimize.

Thanks.

Hmmm....Strange. I'm at works atm. When I get home I'll have a look into it and get back to you.

thanks pal. Smile

(2013-03-05, 16:52)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-03-05, 16:49)jjmucker Wrote: Hi. turn off system, turns the whole PC off, even though i have it set to minimize.

Thanks.

Hmmm....Strange. I'm at works atm. When I get home I'll have a look into it and get back to you.

OK I've altered the code so it should now minimize when you click 'Exit XBMC' on the bottom menu. I haven't tried it out so you'll need to let me know if it works or not.

Download the file from here, and replace the current file of the same name in the 720p folder.

The path on windows is: C:\Users\Your_Name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq.4\720p.

Then restart XBMC and give it ago. Fingers crossed it should work.

hi mate. Its still just completely shutting down XBMC?

Weird. Try this one. I've altered the shutdown button so it should minimize.

still the same. perhaps im doing something wrong but i dont think i am.
Ive went into settings , system setting, powersaving, shutdown function > minimize.

still getting the same when i "exit XBMC"

I've changed both the functions of the 'Exit XBMC' and 'Shutdown' buttons so they should by default Minimize.

So technically with that amended XML flile being used you shouldn't need to change any of the settings.

Very Strange indeed. I may have to admit defeat, at least until I am able to run XBMC on my windows machine and try it out for myself.

hmmm, very weird. Well if you magically manage to sort it out let me know ;-)
As ever, I appreciate you trying to help me out pal.

Will do. Did you manage to add the advance launcher to the main menu as you wanted?

ahh, I havent tried that yet pal because i was waiting on skygo XBMC to be uploaded ( on another thread ) so havent tried yet but im hoping i can do it ok.
Will keep you posted and thanks for asking