Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-03-07

Has the fanart.jpg been stored in The Beatles folder?

Have you also set the path for the artwork on the top menu? I can't remember which heading it’s under off the top of my head, and I think it is meant for logos and discart, but its worth a shot!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - jjmucker - 2013-03-07

Im pretty sure this is a frodo issue, this was the sole reason why i didnt want to upgrade as i heard about loads of these probs, but figured i may as well upgrade now and get it over with.
I changed back to MQ3 since upgrading to Frodo and the prob still exists.

I originally had fanart stored in E:Artwork and cdart did infact download the beatles fanart to that folder, i copied that image over to my beatles music folder but its still not working. Im clearly doing something wrong or Frodo has a whole new way of looking for these files than Eden did.

Frodo really shouldn't have any bugs as the final version has been released.

I switched to frodo without any issues, and this can't be a common issue as I haven't seen it here on the forums before.

What I'll do when I get home is have a look at exactly how my system is set up for music, and will let you know so that you can try and recreate it, and hopefully get it working.

The fanart.jpgs are all lower case as well aren’t they because Frodo won't recognize it if its not? You are also using MQ4 2.9 as some of the previous versions had issue with fanart?

I know they are silly little things, but it will probably be something very small that's stopping it from working.

Yeah im running latest MQ4.
Ive heard many users on here with probs with Frodo and fanart etc.

Perhaps my folder structure isnt set up as everyone sets theirs up as i dont have 1 folder for 1 artist, and inside that, all the artists albums. Rather i have - Alanis Morissette - Jagged little pill. then another folder named Alanis Morissette - So called chaos, then another named Alanis Morissette - Under rug swept.

But this worked for me under Eden and this is how i prefer to structure my folder as i dont use Library mode.

The only way I can confirm that it definetly works is by having the folder structure as:

Music folder
|
Artist folder
|
Album folders

I then run cdART manager so it downloads all of the CDart, fanart, album covers etc.

Then I go to the 'audio options' in the settings menu and make sure that 'download additional information during updates' is turned on. Finally I go to my music source, press c to get the contextual menu up, and select scan to library.

If you're unhappy with Frodo you can always downgrade to Eden again. All of your Eden system files and settings should still be there.

Thanks for the info pal. I figured as much that you'd have your structure like that. Seems to be the correct way, I don't have mine like that though. I do have them all tagged correctly though with media monkey. I'll stick with frodo as I think that's best in the long term.
I really hope to be able to minimise xbmc though via the shutdown option. I suspect that's an MQ4 prob.

If you rescrape all of your music collection again, and have the 'download additional information during updates' turned on, then in library mode at least it should work properly without changing the folder structure.

I'll try and sort the minimising thing for you at the weekend, but if I don't have any joy I'll ask Marcos for some advice.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - jjmucker - 2013-03-08

Thanks pal. I maybe try the rescraping and see how i get on. I dont even think I have artists Bio come up now.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - AndroiDad75 - 2013-03-08

(2013-03-06, 15:09)MarcosQui Wrote: DEAR USERS, ATTENTION:

If all goes as planned until date 03/17 should occur official public release of my new skin: Ace.

I make a invite to all users of Aeon MQ to testing the new skin.

Talk about Ace, only in the Ace topic (if any), thanks.

PS. After the release of Ace I'll make some changes at the base of Aeon MQ to avoid problems with copyright.

Is this the Ace Topic on XBMCbrasil? If so, I am struggling with that. I have set m language as english for the forums, but it isn't showing any english, so I am struggling trying to follow. I will work it out, if that is where you want us to discuss, but wasn't sure if there was another thread you were talking about.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2013-03-08

(2013-03-08, 02:41)AndroiDad75 Wrote:
(2013-03-06, 15:09)MarcosQui Wrote: DEAR USERS, ATTENTION:

If all goes as planned until date 03/17 should occur official public release of my new skin: Ace.

I make a invite to all users of Aeon MQ to testing the new skin.

Talk about Ace, only in the Ace topic (if any), thanks.

PS. After the release of Ace I'll make some changes at the base of Aeon MQ to avoid problems with copyright.

Is this the Ace Topic on XBMCbrasil? If so, I am struggling with that. I have set m language as english for the forums, but it isn't showing any english, so I am struggling trying to follow. I will work it out, if that is where you want us to discuss, but wasn't sure if there was another thread you were talking about.

AndroiDad75, you set english language, but not change theme board for unova (I fixed for you). Look better, in xbmcbrasil forum, we have international area for skin ace and for Aeon MQ too.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - AndroiDad75 - 2013-03-08

(2013-03-08, 03:58)Wanilton Wrote: AndroiDad75, you set english language, but not change theme board for unova (I fixed for you). Look better, in xbmcbrasil forum, we have international area for skin ace and for Aeon MQ too.

Thanks Wanilton. I didn't see the international areas. I appreciate it. I imagine that's where I will see the updates, correct?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - getafix - 2013-03-08

Have installed this skin on my iPad running Frodo. How do I navigate through the skin.

Thanks.

Hi Samu-rai, I managed to get music fanart working. Completely my fault, I thought Frodo updated my database etc etc. Seems i still had to go into cdart manager and update it. Smile

You dont happen to know how to reduce the time when fanart changes from one image to another during playback do you?
It seems to change Image every 3 seconds or so, quite annoying. I would think theres a setting somewhere to allow it to change every 10 seconds or so, tried looking in Artist Slideshow but cant see any setting.

Thanks Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-03-08

(2013-03-08, 16:35)jjmucker Wrote: Hi Samu-rai, I managed to get music fanart working. Completely my fault, I thought Frodo updated my database etc etc. Seems i still had to go into cdart manager and update it. Smile

You dont happen to know how to reduce the time when fanart changes from one image to another during playback do you?
It seems to change Image every 3 seconds or so, quite annoying. I would think theres a setting somewhere to allow it to change every 10 seconds or so, tried looking in Artist Slideshow but cant see any setting.

Thanks Smile

Alright mate, Glad you got it sorted! Smile

By fanart do you mean the pictures that artist slideshow runs through on the home screen and in the visualisation screen?

Yeah. The images seem to go by quite fast, it's rather distracting. A slower fade in out would be good too but I don't think that's possible.

Thanks man