Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-03-16

(2013-03-16, 02:07)rozn Wrote: Hey again Smile

Is it possible to make XBMC cycle through the fan arts on TV-series? On movies it cycle through the fan arts but on tv series it just use one?

Do you mean on the home screen, or in the TV library?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - nabz - 2013-03-16

Hi,
I love this skin! Since I discovered it I've installed on all my friends' HTPCs Smile

Only one request: previously I used Neon and I'm looking for a view like Neon's Media View 2 (Viewtype_List2.xml) where I can see the plot, the cover ,the fanart and a big list. Is it possible to convert this view to MQ4? Is it easy? (I'm a complete n00b about skinning)

Thanks again for this awesome skin!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - topgun - 2013-03-16

Hi everybody,

Aeon MQ4 is a very nice skin. I am very confident.

But now i cannot change the fanart background transparency in banner and banner-info view.
The tvshow fanart in background is very dark. (The fanart in automatic panel is fine)
There is also no problem in other views.

Is it possible to change the background transparency like in Aeon MQ3?
Cannot find the option.

Kind regards

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2013-03-16

Well my pleasure inform new Skin Ace, by MarcosQui is avaliable now in official XBMC frodo repo, look in specific Ace Skin area, for more details.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - gelfman - 2013-03-16

Can anyone tell me why 'Settings/Appearance/Skin/-Settings' is greyed out? I can choose 'settings' for other skins such as nox and confluence but not mq4 because it is greyed out. So I have no way to configure things like lyrics for the OSD.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - rdonohoe - 2013-03-17

I love most of MQ4 however, one thing I'd like to go back to is the playback view for music. I think it really made great use of the logo and just looked quite nice.
I do like the slideshow that MQ4 has and would like to see it incorporated with a MQ3-style view. However, I don't want the artist bio bit as I suspect when I start adding some of my more obscure artists it's not going to fair well. In fact it's not fairing that well at the moment.

MQ3 view Image

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-03-17

(2013-03-17, 11:04)rdonohoe Wrote: I love most of MQ4 however, one thing I'd like to go back to is the playback view for music. I think it really made great use of the logo and just looked quite nice.
I do like the slideshow that MQ4 has and would like to see it incorporated with a MQ3-style view. However, I don't want the artist bio bit as I suspect when I start adding some of my more obscure artists it's not going to fair well. In fact it's not fairing that well at the moment.

MQ3 view Image

Have a play about with the 'playback' settings (last option on bottom menu of the home screen) as this allows you to customize it a bit more.

I'm pretty sure you can turn off the artist bio within the artist slideshow settings as well.

It's too late to make any changes to MQ4, but put your ideas forward to Marcos in the MQ5 thread.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - jjmucker - 2013-03-17

Samu-ra, just a quick question fella, right now i use file mode to browse my music collection, as opposed to library mode. now, if i go into music, If i back button out, it doesn't take me directly back to home page, do you know if theres a way for me to do that? Right now i have to press it 2 or 3 times.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-03-18

(2013-03-17, 23:33)jjmucker Wrote: Samu-ra, just a quick question fella, right now i use file mode to browse my music collection, as opposed to library mode. now, if i go into music, If i back button out, it doesn't take me directly back to home page, do you know if theres a way for me to do that? Right now i have to press it 2 or 3 times.

Pressing escape will take you directly to the home screen from whichever screen you are in.

If you are using a remote I would suggest changing one of the buttons so that it acts functions the same way.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - jjmucker - 2013-03-18

Yeah, the clear button on my remote acts as escape. i'd like to use the back button, pretty much the same way as i use the back button for tv and movies, but with music ( possibly because im not using library mode ) i have to press the back button 2-3 times to get back. I was hoping there was a way to configure it to work with just the one press of the back button

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - jjmucker - 2013-03-18

(2013-03-18, 15:39)Jablo2nski Wrote: I dislike the capitalization everywhere.ImageImage

I actually like that and i think thats what makes MQ really good. you can see its been clearly designed to be viewed from a distance, which is what HTPC's is all about, using a remote and stuff.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-03-18

(2013-03-18, 15:39)Jablo2nski Wrote: I dislike the capitalization everywhere.ImageImage

You can change the font of the home screen through the 'colors/styles' button on the home screen bottom menu.

Failing that you can just rename each button through the customisation menu so it is no longer completely capitalised.

I suppose technically you could add your own font for the skin to use, but I’m not sure how easy that would be to achieve.

Unfortunately you can’t suit everyone, but when a skin is in development Marcos will usually put different options to a vote. It’s too late to make any changes to MQ4, but put your suggestions in the MQ5 thread.

(2013-03-18, 15:10)jjmucker Wrote: Yeah, the clear button on my remote acts as escape. i'd like to use the back button, pretty much the same way as i use the back button for tv and movies, but with music ( possibly because im not using library mode ) i have to press the back button 2-3 times to get back. I was hoping there was a way to configure it to work with just the one press of the back button

I'll have a think but nothing springs to mind.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - scott967 - 2013-03-18

(2013-03-18, 17:34)Samu-rai Wrote: You can change the font of the home screen through the 'colors/styles' button on the home screen bottom menu.

Failing that you can just rename each button through the customisation menu so it is no longer completely capitalised.

I suppose technically you could add your own font for the skin to use, but I’m not sure how easy that would be to achieve.

Looking at skin files, it looks like Classic, Darkness, and Metal are caps-only fonts while Default and Horizons provide lower-case glyphs.

But a bigger problem for me with fonts in both MQ4 and ACE is lack of unicode support for non-latin scripts. MQ4 does provide a font set option for Cyrillic (though I'm not sure why that script was privileged).

scott s.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-03-19

(2013-03-18, 21:47)scott967 Wrote:
(2013-03-18, 17:34)Samu-rai Wrote: You can change the font of the home screen through the 'colors/styles' button on the home screen bottom menu.

Looking at skin files, it looks like Classic, Darkness, and Metal are caps-only fonts while Default and Horizons provide lower-case glyphs.

But a bigger problem for me with fonts in both MQ4 and ACE is lack of unicode support for non-latin scripts. MQ4 does provide a font set option for Cyrillic (though I'm not sure why that script was privileged).

scott s.

Again MQ5 thread is the best place for these comments and suggestions. Marcos is considering all ideas at this point.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MrPotatoHead - 2013-03-19

Is there any way to show the Band Bio ?

can you add this white banner with the movie title? looks very cool