Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - jurrie - 2013-03-19

I'm sorry if I missed someone else asking this question, I used search engines but found 345 pages a bit much to read through.

Let's say I'm browsing TV SHOWS > SHOW NAME > SEASON 1 > EP LIST. After watching an episode, when going up one level, I can no longer see any posters / icons; only the fanart. The only thing I can do is go one level up, but again, nothing to see, only the fanart. So I just have to go up, up, up, back to the main menu and then go back into TV SHOWS to see my shows again.

Familiar bug? And anything I can do to fix it?

I hope this makes any sense -.-

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-03-19

(2013-03-19, 21:49)jurrie Wrote: I'm sorry if I missed someone else asking this question, I used search engines but found 345 pages a bit much to read through.

Let's say I'm browsing TV SHOWS > SHOW NAME > SEASON 1 > EP LIST. After watching an episode, when going up one level, I can no longer see any posters / icons; only the fanart. The only thing I can do is go one level up, but again, nothing to see, only the fanart. So I just have to go up, up, up, back to the main menu and then go back into TV SHOWS to see my shows again.

Familiar bug? And anything I can do to fix it?

I hope this makes any sense -.-

Which view do you use for your TV shows, and which version of MQ4?

There was a bug in earlier versions that meant that happened when you have multiplex view selected in TV show libraries.

(2013-03-19, 19:31)MrPotatoHead Wrote: Is there any way to show the Band Bio ?

can you add this white banner with the movie title? looks very cool

I don't think it's possible to have the bio there. The closest thing to it wôuld be on the drop down menu.

MQ4 uses the logo where you would like the white banner. I personally think that's cooler, but you can put your request in the MQ5 thread.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - jurrie - 2013-03-19

(2013-03-19, 21:58)Samu-rai Wrote: Which view do you use for your TV shows, and which version of MQ4?

There was a bug in earlier versions that meant that happened when you have multiplex view selected in TV show libraries.

I do use multiplex, and now I do see there's a new version. I'm still using 2.6.0. I've been experiencing the bug since december and last time I checked, 2.6.0 was still the latest. I'll run the update and check.

*edit*
Yup, that fixed it! Apparently I did not install the repository previously, so I was under the impression an auto update would start when a new version would become available. I have the installed the repository now, so things'll be good from now on. Thanks for the quick reply :-)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - gelfman - 2013-03-19

(2013-03-16, 23:19)gelfman Wrote: Can anyone tell me why 'Settings/Appearance/Skin/-Settings' is greyed out? I can choose 'settings' for other skins such as nox and confluence but not mq4 because it is greyed out. So I have no way to configure things like lyrics for the OSD.

(2013-03-19, 22:36)jurrie Wrote:
(2013-03-19, 21:58)Samu-rai Wrote: Which view do you use for your TV shows, and which version of MQ4?

I do use multiplex, and now I do see there's a new version. I'm still using 2.6.0. I've been experiencing the bug since december and last time I checked, 2.6.0 was still the latest. I'll run the update and check.

*edit*
Yup, that fixed it! Apparently I did not install the repository previously, so I was under the impression an auto update would start when a new version would become available. I have the installed the repository now, so things'll be good from now on. Thanks for the quick reply :-)

Yeah it was still a bug until the very latest version. I let Marcos know about it and the good guy that he is he fixed it straight away. Glad you got it sorted anyway.

(2013-03-19, 22:41)gelfman Wrote:
(2013-03-16, 23:19)gelfman Wrote: Can anyone tell me why 'Settings/Appearance/Skin/-Settings' is greyed out? I can choose 'settings' for other skins such as nox and confluence but not mq4 because it is greyed out. So I have no way to configure things like lyrics for the OSD.

This isn't a menu on MQ4. I'm you want to configure lyrics then press the m key when in the track listing and there is an option for this on the bottom menu that appears.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Zxurian - 2013-03-20

I posted awhile ago, and I'm running the latest version of the of Aeon MQ4 (Build 2.9.0), but "PLOT OUTLINE" still precedes all of my episode plots. Is there any way to get rid of it?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-03-20

(2013-03-20, 06:13)Zxurian Wrote: I posted awhile ago, and I'm running the latest version of the of Aeon MQ4 (Build 2.9.0), but "PLOT OUTLINE" still precedes all of my episode plots. Is there any way to get rid of it?

Sorry I don't understand what you mean?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - mark291422 - 2013-03-20

Hi,

I've been using this skin again EDEN for a while now and I have everything setup the way I want. I'm now thinking of jumping on the FRODO bandwagon and wondering what I can do to make this as painless as possible. Can I backup the skin changes I've made (custom menus ect) somehow, or if I just do a FRODO install overtop of the old one will it leave the skin settings in place?

(2013-03-20, 19:38)mark291422 Wrote: Hi,

I've been using this skin again EDEN for a while now and I have everything setup the way I want. I'm now thinking of jumping on the FRODO bandwagon and wondering what I can do to make this as painless as possible. Can I backup the skin changes I've made (custom menus ect) somehow, or if I just do a FRODO install overtop of the old one will it leave the skin settings in place?

It should leave everything In place.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - hugostiglitz - 2013-03-20

I know ace has just been realease but does anyone know if theres been any progress on the bug with the covers in showcase where you unstack them and turn off media covers??

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Zxurian - 2013-03-20

(2013-03-20, 10:50)Samu-rai Wrote: Sorry I don't understand what you mean?

the words "PLOT OUTLINE" appear in front of every TV episode plot description. I would like to get rid of it as it's a given that that's the plot outline and doesn't need to be labeled as such.

To me it almost looks like a bug, as there's no colon after it denoting it as a label, just capital labels and a space preceeding every plot description of tv episodes.

I tried doing a text search of "plot outline" within the skin files, but couldn't find anything that matched for tv shows.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - gelfman - 2013-03-20

Quote:This isn't a menu on MQ4. I'm you want to configure lyrics then press the m key when in the track listing and there is an option for this on the bottom menu that appears.

No, there's something wrong. The directions for the lyrics addon specify you have to go into the system/settings menu for skin there is a sub-menu for settings where you enable the addon.

If I follow your instructions; I press 'm' and then use that option, I still get a crap-out. I'm streaming with Airplay and when I try to get a lyric, it just dies. The only way to fix it is to disable the addon. Which is not a fix IMO.

(2013-03-20, 19:50)hugostiglitz Wrote: I know ace has just been realease but does anyone know if theres been any progress on the bug with the covers in showcase where you unstack them and turn off media covers??

MQ is aware of them, he just needs to find time to get round to them.

(2013-03-20, 21:22)Zxurian Wrote:
(2013-03-20, 10:50)Samu-rai Wrote: Sorry I don't understand what you mean?

the words "PLOT OUTLINE" appear in front of every TV episode plot description. I would like to get rid of it as it's a given that that's the plot outline and doesn't need to be labeled as such.

To me it almost looks like a bug, as there's no colon after it denoting it as a label, just capital labels and a space preceeding every plot description of tv episodes.

I tried doing a text search of "plot outline" within the skin files, but couldn't find anything that matched for tv shows.

It's not a bug, its just how the skin was designed. It's too late to do anything with MQ4. Put it forward as a suggestion for MQ5.

(2013-03-20, 21:35)gelfman Wrote:
Quote:This isn't a menu on MQ4. I'm you want to configure lyrics then press the m key when in the track listing and there is an option for this on the bottom menu that appears.

No, there's something wrong. The directions for the lyrics addon specify you have to go into the system/settings menu for skin there is a sub-menu for settings where you enable the addon.

If I follow your instructions; I press 'm' and then use that option, I still get a crap-out. I'm streaming with Airplay and when I try to get a lyric, it just dies. The only way to fix it is to disable the addon. Which is not a fix IMO.

As I said, its not a menu on MQ4. The description the add-on literature gives is based on the default skin confluence. Take ACE for example, it has this settings button your referring to, but it doesn't lead to anything to do with lyrics.

You can set the lyric script as I described. For configuration of the add-on its self you can use the 'configuration' menu when on the add-ons list.. Are you able to get this to work as you want under a different skin?

MQ4 is different to most others as it will automatically try and find the lyrics for every song you play. This may be where you are having issues.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Zxurian - 2013-03-21

(2013-03-20, 23:51)Samu-rai Wrote: It's not a bug, its just how the skin was designed. It's too late to do anything with MQ4. Put it forward as a suggestion for MQ5.

That's unfortunate. I'd like to find a way to remove it in the interm, just until MQ5 (hopefully) gets deployed.

Would you know where in ViewsLowList.xml that's being put in there so I can remove it?