Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-03-28

(2013-03-28, 00:08)polys Wrote: anyone managed to download the extrapack from within xbmc. It always fails at around 3-4%

You can do it manually if the script doesn't work. Just follow the instructions on the first page of this thread.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - polys - 2013-03-28

(2013-03-28, 00:20)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-03-28, 00:08)polys Wrote: anyone managed to download the extrapack from within xbmc. It always fails at around 3-4%

You can do it manually if the script doesn't work. Just follow the instructions on the first page of this thread.

Link for extrapack on the first page is broken

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Zxurian - 2013-03-28

awesome stuff. Love seeing updates.

Question about the "resume watching" widget on the main screen (not sure if it's XBMC or the plugin.
If you stop an episode mid way through, then the home screen correctly shows that widget with the episode and the time remaining, however if you finish watching that episode, the widget turns into s01e01 of whateever show you were watching.

Is there any way to fix that?

(2013-03-28, 00:27)polys Wrote:
(2013-03-28, 00:20)Samu-rai Wrote:

I'll have a look to see if I still have it at home. If not I'll ask Marcos and Wanilton if they can re-upload it for you.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Canozzie - 2013-03-28

Does anyone know if i can lock the episode view type to a certain menu/playlist. For eg, i have my doco's under their own main menu item next to my TV Shows and Movies. However because my doco's are set to media type - tv show then every time i change my view type in tv shows it changes in docos as well. Only for the episode view.

Anyway to lock the view type for episodes?

(2013-03-28, 16:12)Canozzie Wrote: Does anyone know if i can lock the episode view type to a certain menu/playlist. For eg, i have my doco's under their own main menu item next to my TV Shows and Movies. However because my doco's are set to media type - tv show then every time i change my view type in tv shows it changes in docos as well. Only for the episode view.

If you set the documentaries up as a custom playlist and add that to the home screen (check out my tutorial if you're unsure how to do this), you can then have a different view from that of your TV shows.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Faire - 2013-03-29

(2013-03-26, 23:42)sajberman Wrote: I have finally left MQ3 for MQ4 but i have a problem sorting my music in list view.
In MQ3 i used list view for my library and sorted by artist.
The list was sorted like "ARTIST - ALBUM" but MQ4 only list the album name (with the same settings)
Can anybody please help me to configure this correctly?
I really want the list view to show both "ARTIST - ALBUM" like in MQ3 (the same as in file mode).
You can see the difference in the screenshots below.

(The picture below is my Aeon mq3 in library mode and artist sort)

(This picture shows the library list in mq4 with the same settings as in mq3...i guess)

I desperately need this. any fix or workaround?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Canozzie - 2013-03-29

(2013-03-28, 16:53)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-03-28, 16:12)Canozzie Wrote: Does anyone know if i can lock the episode view type to a certain menu/playlist. For eg, i have my doco's under their own main menu item next to my TV Shows and Movies. However because my doco's are set to media type - tv show then every time i change my view type in tv shows it changes in docos as well. Only for the episode view.

If you set the documentaries up as a custom playlist and add that to the home screen (check out my tutorial if you're unsure how to do this), you can then have a different view from that of your TV shows.

Thanks Sam, My setup is like yours, so i have custom views for each, just not on the episode level.. if you check yours, when you switch your kids tv to lets say episode banner view (on the episode level) it will also change it to episode banner view on your tv shows.

Which is a great view but i have collected extrathumbs for my family videos which i like to display with multiplex view on their episode level..

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Canozzie - 2013-03-29

quick question for anyone that has categorized their doco's into different genres.

Im looking at doing this however i cant seem to get my the genres functionality to work at all across xbmc. When i go into the genre view nothing shows up (i turned off showcase view to try an rid the bug)

Also i cant get the tags for tv shows working, which i suppose just leaves me with the option below.

Im looking at just taking my doco series (tv show type) and placing them in seperate root folders ie, military/science/nature ect all under a parent folder called 'docos'. Thus i should be able to create custom smart playlists on my main menu.

This will have limited functionality of course as i wont be able to have 1 series ie, WWII in HD under two categories (both history & military) as i would like it.

If Anyone here has any suggestions, would love to hear em.

Cheers
Steve

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - cupra - 2013-03-29

try it all - reinstall, remove , restore but the mq4 3.0 have issue with hebrew - its work fine on the rc2, but not on the 3.0

the setting work great on hebrew, so its an skin issue.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-03-29

(2013-03-29, 02:14)Canozzie Wrote:
(2013-03-28, 16:53)Samu-rai Wrote:

Thanks Sam, My setup is like yours, so i have custom views for each, just not on the episode level.. if you check yours, when you switch your kids tv to lets say episode banner view (on the episode level) it will also change it to episode banner view on your tv shows.

Which is a great view but i have collected extrathumbs for my family videos which i like to display with multiplex view on their episode level..

By family videos, do you mean home movies?

(2013-03-29, 03:14)Canozzie Wrote: quick question for anyone that has categorized their doco's into different genres.

Im looking at doing this however i cant seem to get my the genres functionality to work at all across xbmc. When i go into the genre view nothing shows up (i turned off showcase view to try an rid the bug)

Also i cant get the tags for tv shows working, which i suppose just leaves me with the option below.

Im looking at just taking my doco series (tv show type) and placing them in seperate root folders ie, military/science/nature ect all under a parent folder called 'docos'. Thus i should be able to create custom smart playlists on my main menu.

This will have limited functionality of course as i wont be able to have 1 series ie, WWII in HD under two categories (both history & military) as i would like it.

If Anyone here has any suggestions, would love to hear em.

Cheers
Steve

I don't think tags will work in that way. Video nodes may, but they aren't really supported in a customisable way on MQ4 as its a frodo feature.

One thought that could be a compromised solution would be to create custom nfo's for your documentaries with genres such as documentary - history and documentary - war etc. That way you could have move than one genre for a show.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - NavySealsGuy - 2013-03-30

Hey guys I am experiencing this issue, everytime I use the arrow keys when watching a video to switch between the buttons, the menu closes. Thus I have to reopen the menu again an move one button at a time

also I can not click the buttons by dragging the mouse over them, have to switch to them with keys first unlike mq3, but that might be a feature thing

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Ipaddle - 2013-03-31

(2013-03-28, 10:54)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-03-28, 00:27)polys Wrote:
(2013-03-28, 00:20)Samu-rai Wrote: You can do it manually if the script doesn't work. Just follow the instructions on the first page of this thread.

I'll have a look to see if I still have it at home. If not I'll ask Marcos and Wanilton if they can re-upload it for you.

Yes, that would be great!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Canozzie - 2013-03-31

@Samu-rai
yes mate i mean family vacation videos. So i have created custom nfo's for them. Each different country is set a a different tv show, each video as an episode, it's working well. I Just like to view the episodes in multiplex view (episode thumb style) as apposed to episode banner view.

I think there is a work around here because i did get one family vacation (fiji) to stay on that view whilst my (actual) TV Show's remained on banner view. But then i added more vacation videos and re scanned the directory and it reset the views.

Not sure if its possible to keep my tv shows (episode level) view on banner view. Whilst at the same time have other tv shows (family vacations) that are on a different smart playlist set to a different (episode) view type ie multiplex?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-03-31

(2013-03-30, 02:19)NavySealsGuy Wrote: Hey guys I am experiencing this issue, everytime I use the arrow keys when watching a video to switch between the buttons, the menu closes. Thus I have to reopen the menu again an move one button at a time

also I can not click the buttons by dragging the mouse over them, have to switch to them with keys first unlike mq3, but that might be a feature thing

Do you mean on the bottom menu, when you press m?

I think the skin works best with a keyboard or remote, but there is an option within settings/system I think which says allow mouse and touchscreen, or something like that. Make sure that's activated and see if it helps.

(2013-03-31, 13:44)Canozzie Wrote: @Samu-rai
yes mate i mean family vacation videos. So i have created custom nfo's for them. Each different country is set a a different tv show, each video as an episode, it's working well. I Just like to view the episodes in multiplex view (episode thumb style) as apposed to episode banner view.

I think there is a work around here because i did get one family vacation (fiji) to stay on that view whilst my (actual) TV Show's remained on banner view. But then i added more vacation videos and re scanned the directory and it reset the views.

Not sure if its possible to keep my tv shows (episode level) view on banner view. Whilst at the same time have other tv shows (family vacations) that are on a different smart playlist set to a different (episode) view type ie multiplex?

I was thinking that if they are home movies then you could just add them as a generic source rather than as 'TV shows'. You could then add that source as a favorite and add it to the home screen. That way you could have whatever view you wished without effecting the TV library. I'm not sure how that would work with your NFO's and the set up you described though. Another possible solution could be to add the source as music videos (concerts)?