Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-04-22

Did you copy the guisettings.xml when xbmc was shut down?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - cw-kid - 2013-04-22

(2013-04-22, 20:48)Samu-rai Wrote: Did you copy the guisettings.xml when xbmc was shut down?

Possibly but unlikely I cant remember to be honest. Normally copying the guisettings.xml file works and carries all settings over. I had to manually setup settings by comparing to first PC. Its all done now anyways got XBMC running now in room #4.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Canozzie - 2013-04-23

Just trying to get alternative music genre icons working, looking back through this thread i see it was on the todo list mid last year. Can anyone tell me if this was fixed? I cant seem to get any music genre icons working not even the extrapack ones.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - microuser - 2013-04-25

I'm trying to get the System.FreeSpace and System.TotalSpace information visible.
As I cannot see an easy way of doing it, I'm changing the includes.xml file to change the information visible.

If I use, for example, System.FreeMemory it displays correctly that info. But for the ones mentioned above, it doesn't work.
Anyone knows an easier way of getting this information?

InfoLabels: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=InfoLabels
In includes.xml: $INFO[System.TotalSpace]

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-04-25

(2013-04-25, 04:52)microuser Wrote: I'm trying to get the System.FreeSpace and System.TotalSpace information visible.
As I cannot see an easy way of doing it, I'm changing the includes.xml file to change the information visible.

If I use, for example, System.FreeMemory it displays correctly that info. But for the ones mentioned above, it doesn't work.

If you just want to be able to view the systems info then, go to the bottom menu on the home screen, highlight settings, and then choose system on the bar that appears above.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - leftywhat - 2013-04-25

Coming from MQ3 this is quite a bit to learn, mainly I was thinking were the hell have all the skin options gone. There no longer under Settings > Skin etc, well there's barely any anyway Tongue

I'm getting use to it now though.... the main thing that took me forever to figure out was tapping the down arrow to get to all the options on the home screen. I know about using the arrows in your movies or tv show library like MQ3, but not on the home page, perhaps best to state that on the home page? Pressing the "S" button doesn't give the same menu options down the bottom.

Anyway, my question is, how can you disable the options at the bottom on the main home screen? I don't want someone to accidentally press the down button a few times and get stuck there.
I've enabled Kiosk mode, it works when your in movies or tv shows etc, but not on the main home screen.

Help?
Also, thanks for the skin, getting use to MQ4 now

Glad you're getting to grips with the skin,

There's no way to disable the bottom menu on the home screen I'm afraid though.

(2013-04-25, 10:32)Samu-rai Wrote: Glad you're getting to grips with the skin,

There's no way to disable the bottom menu on the home screen I'm afraid though.

That's disappointing, do you think there will be an update soon with an option to disable it? Has anyone else asked for it?

Happy with the rest of the skin at the moment Big Grin... perhaps the info page on a movie etc could be an area for improvement, I think it should show the fanart image rather than the dvd/bluray cover.
I just need to try out Adv Launcher and see if I can test that on my pc, then I'll update my HTPC in the lounge room.

I can't stand MQ3 without the viewtypes unless I somehow roll back to XBMC to version 11 (I have no idea).

I haven't seen it requested no.

There won't be any changes to MQ4 now as it was released some time ago, and Marcos is doing lots of work on his new skin ACE (maybe something for you to try out).

He has announced there will be an MQ5 though, so if you make an suggestions in that thread I’m sure that he will consider them. He's very good like that.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Canozzie - 2013-04-25

finally got the music genres running, one last thing would be to turn off the automatic panel from dropping down and displaying a blank screen in showcase view.
or perhaps writing nfo's so the genre has a description. Does anyone know if one these is possible, normally the top menu allows to change the panel, cant seem to get it off in genre view..

(2013-04-25, 11:58)Samu-rai Wrote: I haven't seen it requested no.

There won't be any changes to MQ4 now as it was released some time ago, and Marcos is doing lots of work on his new skin ACE (maybe something for you to try out).

He has announced there will be an MQ5 though, so if you make an suggestions in that thread I’m sure that he will consider them. He's very good like that.

Not interested in ACE sorry Sad

I've just got onto MQ4 now since XBMC went to version 12, which was only like what, 2 months ago max?
Hopefully my request could possibly be added in before moving onto the next skin... I don't want to see skin menus etc on the main page by accident :S

I find it strange no one else has asked to lock the menus down the bottom of the main screen... especially if you can lock the menus in movies/tv shows but not on the main screen?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - microuser - 2013-04-25

(2013-04-25, 09:39)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-04-25, 04:52)microuser Wrote: I'm trying to get the System.FreeSpace and System.TotalSpace information visible.

If you just want to be able to view the systems info then, go to the bottom menu on the home screen, highlight settings, and then choose system on the bar that appears above.

I want to have that information that appear in Settings>System>Storage always visible in the menus, like we have the date and the weather conditions.
Supposedly I could add the System.FreeSpace in the includes.xml to be able to do that, but for some reason it is not working...

That's a skinners question really.

Try asking in the Skin Development forum.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Buzniak - 2013-04-26

Another little thing; I;m using Frodo 12.1 WIN, with AEON MQ4 3.0.

My question is,

Clearart.png and Logo.png don't show up in the (Pause/Info) menu in TV shows while the episode is playing, but do show up in the info menu (TV Show Root Menu).

Clearart and Logos do show up in the Pause/Info menu of Movies though? Has it been switched around in the 3.0 updateHuh?

Thanks Again.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - microuser - 2013-04-27

(2013-04-25, 14:56)Samu-rai Wrote: That's a skinners question really.

Try asking in the Skin Development forum.

I thought that this was the correct place. Can you point me the right place, please?
Edit: I tried to find the Skin Development forum without success.