Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - st graveyard - 2013-06-25

(2013-06-24, 09:54)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-06-23, 16:24)st graveyard Wrote: Hi,

I've installed new video card drivers and now it seems AEON MQ4 has some corrupted graphics (don't know if it is related to the new drivers). Anyway, all other skins are ok. So I was wondering, can I uninstall and re-install MQ4 without losing things like playlists and stuff? Or can I just copy the graphics folder of the skin? Or is there a config file in the skin which I can backup before I uninstall?

Thanks,
Grave

Your playlists are part of XBMC rather than the skin, so they shouldn't be effected by uninstalling MQ4.

If you want to keep all of your skin settings, make a copy of the guisettings.xml.

Samu-Rai or others,

I have noticed that I can not uninstall MQ4. The un-install button is inactive in the skin options (compared to other skins). Some of the art is corrupt (like the glass effect, gradient effect, the xbmc news bar on the main screen). When I switch to NOX, I notice there are also some effects screw up. The standard skin is ok.
Now, what can I do best? I don't want to re-import all my data yet again. Is there a graphics dir I can copy and overwrite with new version of the skin? Or do I need to uninstall XBMC and re-install all over again?

Thanks,
Grave

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-06-25

(2013-06-23, 11:32)NewMedia Wrote:
(2013-06-22, 23:09)Samu-rai Wrote: Welcome! Always good to see new disciples of the cause. Let us know if you have any questions with the skin, and be sure to spread the word. Big Grin

Thanks, I've been experimenting, trying different stuff and getting things down to preference. I do have one question. The customization option: I am able to create a new item, i.e. Cams,Games... and set a playlist as such. How do I make it likes the pre-set ones, as to when you click it, it opens a new screen or to something else. Like Music > Albums/Genre/Artist. Do I have to use or make a script to do that process? (I'm new, so excuse me if I missing the obvious Smile

When people have previously asked this question I have said there isn't a way of doing it. However, having given it some thought I think there maybe.

I'll have a look into it this evening and let you know.

Ok, if you go into your music library, highlight the item you want the main menu to link to (Artists for example) and press C to get the contextual menu you can choose to add this to favourites.

Now if you go to the customisation menu you can add this favourite to the main menu, and then rename it, change the fanart, dissable the music button etc.

The only issue I found with this is that the skin widgets won't work.

I tried to get round this by adding an audio playlist, but it had the same result so this is the simplest way of acheive what you want.

On a side note I did come across the 'make default' option while looking into this, but it didn't seem to do anything at all. Can anyone else shed some light on this?

(2013-06-25, 20:19)st graveyard Wrote:
(2013-06-23, 16:24)st graveyard Wrote: Hi,

I've installed new video card drivers and now it seems AEON MQ4 has some corrupted graphics (don't know if it is related to the new drivers). Anyway, all other skins are ok. So I was wondering, can I uninstall and re-install MQ4 without losing things like playlists and stuff? Or can I just copy the graphics folder of the skin? Or is there a config file in the skin which I can backup before I uninstall?

Thanks,
Grave

Your playlists are part of XBMC rather than the skin, so they shouldn't be effected by uninstalling MQ4.

If you want to keep all of your skin settings, make a copy of the guisettings.xml.

Samu-Rai or others,

I have noticed that I can not uninstall MQ4. The un-install button is inactive in the skin options (compared to other skins). Some of the art is corrupt (like the glass effect, gradient effect, the xbmc news bar on the main screen). When I switch to NOX, I notice there are also some effects screw up. The standard skin is ok.
Now, what can I do best? I don't want to re-import all my data yet again. Is there a graphics dir I can copy and overwrite with new version of the skin? Or do I need to uninstall XBMC and re-install all over again?

Thanks,
Grave

I'm not sure grave. It sounds like it may be a systems issue rather than a skin one to me, but I can't claim to know enough about that sort of stuff to offer any useful advice. Sorry.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - NewMedia - 2013-06-26

Thanks, I'll give it a look.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - stergil - 2013-06-27

Hi, I've been using Eden for the longest time with MQ 4 and have loved it! I just now upgraded to Frodo along with the latest MQ 4 and am having problems with the Top menu for Movies/TV Shows when selecting Random.

It seems that on skin load random items are generated, but if I navigate to the top menu and press Enter on Random it does not generate new Random items like it did before.

I've tried getting the latest AllInOne script and have tried w/o any AllInOne script at all with the same results.

Additionally there is a cosmetic bug:
-From the home screen when arrowing down to Seetings then Furniture, it shows the current state of Multiple/Single view but the next action state for show/hide partly watched.
-Example: Mine currently shows "Multiple thumbs .." and "Show partly watched .." -- I have Multiple thumbs enabled, but I am hiding partly watched.

Thanks for this awesome skin and any help you can lend!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-06-27

(2013-06-27, 04:32)stergil Wrote: Hi, I've been using Eden for the longest time with MQ 4 and have loved it! I just now upgraded to Frodo along with the latest MQ 4 and am having problems with the Top menu for Movies/TV Shows when selecting Random.

It seems that on skin load random items are generated, but if I navigate to the top menu and press Enter on Random it does not generate new Random items like it did before.

I've tried getting the latest AllInOne script and have tried w/o any AllInOne script at all with the same results.

Additionally there is a cosmetic bug:
-From the home screen when arrowing down to Seetings then Furniture, it shows the current state of Multiple/Single view but the next action state for show/hide partly watched.
-Example: Mine currently shows "Multiple thumbs .." and "Show partly watched .." -- I have Multiple thumbs enabled, but I am hiding partly watched.

Thanks for this awesome skin and any help you can lend!

Frodo uses skin widgets rather than the allinone script.

Make sure you have the skin widget add-on installed (I think its listed under services) and then disable the allinone.

I think the other thing has always been like that tbh. Not something that is likely to be changed now though, as Marcos is working hard on getting MQ5 ready Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - iblong - 2013-06-29

How do I add or change home screen menu selections? ie..............movies, weather, music..........

Thank you!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-06-29

(2013-06-29, 03:42)iblong Wrote: How do I add or change home screen menu selections? ie..............movies, weather, music..........

Thank you!

There is a button on the bottom of the home screen called 'customisation'

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - blindmist - 2013-06-29

I have searched and searched this thread among others and still cannot figure out how to enable milkdrop with this skin

All I get is a blue background with a CD spinning and can never get the visualizer to work. I have pressed tab and m and up arrows and all sorts of things.

I love this skin but I mainly use XBMC for Milkdrop so this is now pretty worthless for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - NewMedia - 2013-06-30

I've been using MQ4 for a few weeks now & all the visualisation options work. Press S or double tap down and go to Settings > Audio > Playback > Visualization. I think there are also hide options under Playback, if you scroll across the settings at the bottom. I haven't checked if there is one for Visualistion.

Unless, you mean, you've enabled it already and it's not working, than that's another issue.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - cw-kid - 2013-07-01

Hi

Can anyone else confirm they are seeing this same problem with incorrect artist fanart being displayed sometimes when in full screen mode?

More details and screen shots here and here on the ArtistSlideShow add-on thread.

Many thanks.

EDIT:

Turning off the extrafanart option in the skin for music, resolves the problem in that when in full screen mode each of the artists, then shows the correct background image of that artist.

However I then obviously lose the rotating extrafanart feature for those artists that have an extrafanart sub-folder on the file server.

Seems like an issue with the skin ?

EDIT2:

So the problem appears to be this - that if I have the extrafanart option for music turned on in the skin, and if I play an artist that happens to NOT have an extrafanart sub-folder present on the file server then when in music playback full screen the artist fanart shown is that of the last artist played and not the currently playing artist. Where the last artist played did have an extrafanart sub-folder present.

This is not the case however when on the XBMC main music menu, the artist fanart there is displayed correctly if the artist has an extrafanart sub-folder present or not. Only seems to be in full screen mode the issue occurs.

Strange, what version of the ArtistSlideShow add-on were you running?

For me the problems I reported with unicode and the add-on crashing have now been resolved in the latest beta version of the ArtistSlideShow add-on.

I now have an issue with artist fanart and fullscreen mode.

Thanks

(2013-06-15, 01:47)scott967 Wrote:
(2013-06-13, 13:57)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

Is anyone else have big problems with the Artist Slideshow (AS) add-on and Aeon MQ4 or is it just me ?

I have two main issues with it:

1. When playing a music track with any funky characters in their name, the AS add-on crashes due to unicode issues.

2. Seemingly random the AS add-on will crash when I either stop playback of music or if I start the playback of something else whilst music is playing.

Does anyone have any insight or is anyone having the same problems?

Thanks

No.

scott s.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - scott967 - 2013-07-01

(2013-07-01, 10:46)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

Can anyone else confirm they are seeing this same problem with incorrect artist fanart being displayed sometimes when in full screen mode?

I have various problems with artist slideshow. But moreso I haven't figured out what the best settings are for AS in MQ4 and ACE skins. In particular should the local artist and fallback folders be set, and if so how if the actual music and "local" art is on a network smb share? It appears that without a local folder setting AS will create a folder structure in the userdata folder hierarchy. Don't know if this is a good thing or not, or how the art that AS uses (assuming some sort of "local art" option is set) is combined with art that the skin is using.

scott s.

(2013-07-01, 21:01)scott967 Wrote:
(2013-07-01, 10:46)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

I have various problems with artist slideshow. But moreso I haven't figured out what the best settings are for AS in MQ4 and ACE skins. In particular should the local artist and fallback folders be set, and if so how if the actual music and "local" art is on a network smb share? It appears that without a local folder setting AS will create a folder structure in the userdata folder hierarchy. Don't know if this is a good thing or not, or how the art that AS uses (assuming some sort of "local art" option is set) is combined with art that the skin is using.

scott s.

You'd be better asking that question in the AS add-on thread. I am not sure either. Typically I have been leaving AS with default settings, so did not set a Local Folder. Earlier today I asked the same question myself here

When AS grabs the pictures from Last.fm for the artistslideshow box in the skin, it does indeed cache those images locally to:

/home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistSlideshow

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - blindmist - 2013-07-04

(2013-06-30, 10:23)NewMedia Wrote: I've been using MQ4 for a few weeks now & all the visualisation options work. Press S or double tap down and go to Settings > Audio > Playback > Visualization. I think there are also hide options under Playback, if you scroll across the settings at the bottom. I haven't checked if there is one for Visualistion.

Unless, you mean, you've enabled it already and it's not working, than that's another issue.

Milkdrop is working just fine under the menus and at the home screen as a background, but I can not get the visualizer in Fullscreen (when I hit Tab). Its just a blue background with a cd spinning with that tag info.

Just tried everything you suggested and nothing helped.

Here is a video showing my settings and the issue.

EDIT: I figured it out. While in Fullscreen, I had to hit Enter to bring up the OSC, then change "Background Image" from Artist Fanart to Viewing

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - tuareg - 2013-07-07

When I click on the Music button in the Home Menu, I would like it to go to the albums view/screen in Aeon MQ4. I have wracked my brains on how to edit the home.xml file in 720p folder to do this but to no avail.

Would greatly appreciate any help. As I a newbie, Detailed help is requested for. Thanks.