Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - tuareg - 2013-07-09

Thanks a lot but I need some more detailed explanation as to how u did it.
Q1 How do you import the nusic with Universal Artist/Album scraper. I have this add on installed but how to run it.?
Q 2. When you ensured that you had background fanart and thumb image for each artist, where were these image files placed and what name did they bear.?
Q3 How do you reload the artist in XMBC? Don't you just do a library update?
Q4 Where is the extra fanart folder made for each artist.
Q5 Does the parent directory contain images for each artist and what is the name and directory structure in this if any.
Q6 For Movies I had run Media Center Master which downloads all backdrops, fanart etc from imdb, structures each in the respective movie folder and makes XBMC compatible data in each folder. is there any such program for Music?

Extremely sorry for being such a pain.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - cw-kid - 2013-07-09

I am by no means an expert on this but I will try to answer your questions.

(2013-07-09, 12:02)tuareg Wrote: Thanks a lot but I need some more detailed explanation as to how u did it.

Q1 How do you import the nusic with Universal Artist/Album scraper. I have this add on installed but how to run it.?

When you add your source in to XBMC in Music - Files and then you right click it (Context Menu) and select scan item to library, this will add your music in to the XBMC music library. Before you do this ensure that both the Universal Artist and Universal Album scrapers are enabled etc.

Q 2. When you ensured that you had background fanart and thumb image for each artist, where were these image files placed and what name did they bear.?

You don't place them anywhere the system does it. So for example if an artist had missing images and bio, I would go to TheAudioDB.com find that artist and edit it or if the artist did not exist I would add it to the site. I would then add a thumb / fanart image and bio for the artist on TheAudioDB.com website. Once completed I would then go back to XBMC find the same artist and reload it. Then the artist would have the images and bio I just added on to TheAudioDB.com website. These images are then cached by XBMC locally somewhere in the Userdata folder. This is the recommended way to do it as you are then contributing meta-data for the rest of the community.

To reload an individual artist from the Artist view, highlight the artist in question and bring up the context menu (Key - C) and select Artist Information. Then select Reload by moving the menu left / right.

You can manually create these but the CDArtManager add-on created most of mine for me, example

\\WHS\Music\Depeche Mode\extrafanart
\\WHS\Music\Duran Duran\extrafanart

If fanart is available on the Fanart.tv website then the CDArtManager add-on will download the fanart images and create a sub-folder under that artist called extrafanart.

CDArtManager will also add other artwork images in to the artists folders for example:

banner.jpg
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg is the artist thumb.
logo.png

Look at this screen shot of one of my artists folders on the file server.

Q5 Does the parent directory contain images for each artist and what is the name and directory structure in this if any.

No the parent directory does not contain images for each artist, see Q4.

Q6 For Movies I had run Media Center Master which downloads all backdrops, fanart etc from imdb, structures each in the respective movie folder and makes XBMC compatible data in each folder. is there any such program for Music?

Yes CDArtManager add-on

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - tuareg - 2013-07-09

Thank you very much. I guess I'll be able to do it now.

(2013-07-09, 12:41)tuareg Wrote: Thank you very much. I guess I'll be able to do it now.

Good luck Smile

Let me know if you figure out how to make the main music menu item always go in to albums view !

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-07-09

(2013-07-09, 13:22)cw-kid Wrote: Let me know if you figure out how to make the main music menu item always go in to albums view !

Check this post out for a bodged way I thought of last week. It's a bit clunky, but if your desperate for it then it should do until MQ5.

(2013-07-09, 13:30)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-07-09, 13:22)cw-kid Wrote: Let me know if you figure out how to make the main music menu item always go in to albums view !

Check this post out for a bodged way I thought of last week. It's a bit clunky, but if your desperate for it then it should do until MQ5.

Samu-Rai

I thought of doing that myself and tried it last night, it does work in that your new custom menu item called "Music" will always take you to the albums view via the favourite etc. However you lose all the sub-menus, what you would normally see under the real music menu item. So no good for me.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-07-09

(2013-07-09, 13:52)cw-kid Wrote:
(2013-07-09, 13:30)Samu-rai Wrote:

Samu-Rai

I thought of doing that myself and tried it last night, it does work in that your new custom menu item called "Music" will always take you to the albums view via the favourite etc. However you lose all the sub-menus, what you would normally see under the real music menu item. So no good for me.

Thanks

You could do the same thing with the sub menus. Add them as favourites and then add them to the sub menu? The thing that lets it down for me is the lack of skin widgets, but if you could set up a audio playlist then presumably you could get them by adding that to the main menu.

Anyway it's only a few months until the general release of MQ5. I'm putting some videos together shortly, and should Marcos and Wanilton approve them I hope they will be available by the end of the month.

Are there big changes in MQ5?

Will the upgrade from MQ4 to MQ5 be fairly straight forward?

Looking forward to seeing your videos, please keep us posted.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2013-07-09

cw-kid

Preview Skin Aeon MQ 5

watch gallery

Aeon MQ 5, you've never seen a skin like that.

Yes, skin have big changes, in special in customization area, more powerfull and more easy for use, use concept replace and reorder very innovative.

Wow looks great, I've only just got to grips with MQ4 lol. Might have to try MQ5 though looks cool!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - NewMedia - 2013-07-10

Is there anyway to adjust the speed of when images change, when you select multiple images, in customization option for skin widgets?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - tuareg - 2013-07-10

(2013-07-09, 12:30)cw-kid Wrote: I am by no means an expert on this but I will try to answer your questions.

(2013-07-09, 12:02)tuareg Wrote: Thanks a lot but I need some more detailed explanation as to how u did it.

When you add your source in to XBMC in Music - Files and then you right click it (Context Menu) and select scan item to library, this will add your music in to the XBMC music library. Before you do this ensure that both the Universal Artist and Universal Album scrapers are enabled etc.

You don't place them anywhere the system does it. So for example if an artist had missing images and bio, I would go to TheAudioDB.com find that artist and edit it or if the artist did not exist I would add it to the site. I would then add a thumb / fanart image and bio for the artist on TheAudioDB.com website. Once completed I would then go back to XBMC find the same artist and reload it. Then the artist would have the images and bio I just added on to TheAudioDB.com website. These images are then cached by XBMC locally somewhere in the Userdata folder. This is the recommended way to do it as you are then contributing meta-data for the rest of the community.

To reload an individual artist from the Artist view, highlight the artist in question and bring up the context menu (Key - C) and select Artist Information. Then select Reload by moving the menu left / right.

You can manually create these but the CDArtManager add-on created most of mine for me, example

\\WHS\Music\Depeche Mode\extrafanart
\\WHS\Music\Duran Duran\extrafanart

If fanart is available on the Fanart.tv website then the CDArtManager add-on will download the fanart images and create a sub-folder under that artist called extrafanart.

CDArtManager will also add other artwork images in to the artists folders for example:

banner.jpg
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg is the artist thumb.
logo.png

Look at this screen shot of one of my artists folders on the file server.

No the parent directory does not contain images for each artist, see Q4.

Yes CDArtManager add-on

Hello Cw Kid, I tried but to no avail. For instance for the Artist ABBA, fanart.tv site has 92 images, but when I search for them in CDART Manager it shows none available and so on for others.

On adding Music into XBMC, I had Universal Artist/Album Scraper on, internet was working but at the end there was no artwork again, except for the old album covers which are embedded in the tags.

Guess I must be doing something wrong in the configuration. I have Audiodb enabled and whatever settings in Universal Scrapers cab be set are set to this where possible. Some settings allow no change from Allmusic.com but that addon is broken. I even disabled Eset Firewall and Virus protection for 10 min just to try.

Anyway thank you very much for helping. i will hunt around if I can find a step by step tutorial somewhere.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - bry - 2013-07-10

Would be really cool if MQ could display the fanart for the movie inside the tv screen.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - cw-kid - 2013-07-10

(2013-07-10, 12:34)tuareg Wrote: Hello Cw Kid, I tried but to no avail. For instance for the Artist ABBA, fanart.tv site has 92 images, but when I search for them in CDART Manager it shows none available and so on for others.

On adding Music into XBMC, I had Universal Artist/Album Scraper on, internet was working but at the end there was no artwork again, except for the old album covers which are embedded in the tags.

Guess I must be doing something wrong in the configuration. I have Audiodb enabled and whatever settings in Universal Scrapers cab be set are set to this where possible. Some settings allow no change from Allmusic.com but that addon is broken. I even disabled Eset Firewall and Virus protection for 10 min just to try.

Anyway thank you very much for helping. i will hunt around if I can find a step by step tutorial somewhere.

I dunno, I know you have to scan the music in to the XBMC Music library first before you can start using CDArtManager. The first time I ran CDArtManager it took a hell of a long time to build up its database I left it running over night.

As for Album covers I already had a hi-res folder.jpg in each albums folder also those cover images were embedded in to the mp3 files, so XBMC just displays my existing covers. There is an option in CDArtManager to get covers but I have never used it as I wanted the existing covers to be displayed. Think I also turned off in the Universal scraper any options to download covers.

When I scan the music in to the XBMC Music library as far as I am aware its the inbuilt Universal Music Artist and Album scrapers that get the fanart / thumb images and the bio's if available. To fill in any missing blanks I then updated TheAudioDB.com website as already stated and then reload those particular artists.

Once I was happy in the Artist view that each artist was showing an artist thumb image and background fanart (I use the Low List view for the Artists) I then started looking at CDArtManager.

CDArtManager was a bit tricky and took a while to get my head around and start working.You need it to build its database which I think you can force from the CDArtManager - Advanced - Modify Add-on Database - Refresh Add-on Database. This will force it to create a new database which should be done only after you have already got all your music in to the XBMC Music Library.

Now when I add new music I scan it in to the XBMC Music Library, check the new Artist(s) in the Artist view and add/edit TheAudioDB.com if required / reload any of those artists. I then go in to CDArtManager and select Advanced - Modify Add-on Database - Update Database.

Once the CDArtManager update has finished you then have to go to each type of artwork you want it to download for you, I do them all expect for albums covers, so for example in CDArtManager I would then go to:

AlbumCDArts - Automatic Download
Artist Fanarts - Automatic Download - Album Artists
Artist Clear Logos - Automatic Download - Album Artists
Artist Thumbs - Automatic Download - Album Artists (This actually overwrites the artists thumbs displayed by the initial Universal scraper scan. This is the folder.jpg in each artists folder)
Artist Banners - Automatic Download - Album Artists

Once I have ran each of these in CDArtManager it has then download all the available extra fanart in to each artists folder.

The only other tip I have is when viewing the artists in CDArtManager the green ones are recognised and the white ones are not. It uses http://musicbrainz.org/ so your artist folder names and the names of the artist in the MP3 tags should match as they are on http://musicbrainz.org/.

It took me months to figure out how all the artwork for all media types works in MQ4. I now have a fairly good understanding and have all available artwork being displayed in the UI, but I still don't know all the nitty gritty nuts and bolts of it all. IMHO artwork is the hardest thing to get to grips with in XBMC especially if you are a newish user like me who has migrated from MCE. In MCE codec were the hardest thing whereas in XBMC you don't need to give codec a second thought it just works out of the box!

The other big problem I had initially was my music folder structure was like this:

\\Server\Music\Genre\Artist\Album

XBMC does not like the Genre folders so I had to remove them and place all artists in the root music directory like

\\Server\Music\Artist1\Album1
\Album2
\\Server\Music\Artist2\Album1
\Album2

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - tuareg - 2013-07-11

My directory structure was erroneous so I had used MusicBrainz Picard to whip iit into desired shape almost automatically. All my other XBMC Home Menu items Movies, Documentaries, Concerts, TV Shows etcetera are configured fine for display and artwork. It is the music that I cannot come to grips with.