Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - koomak - 2013-07-11

Hi MarcosQui ;

Any Chance you cad add ARIAL font for skin as a choice other than Default & Cycrics;
As you know to show videos description properly in other languages other than english is neccessary (i.e. in youtube add, that videos descriptions can be seen when you browse.
I think many need it!!

Thanks a lot

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - scott967 - 2013-07-11

(2013-07-11, 17:37)koomak Wrote: Hi MarcosQui ;

Any Chance you cad add ARIAL font for skin as a choice other than Default & Cycrics;
As you know to show videos description properly in other languages other than english is neccessary (i.e. in youtube add, that videos descriptions can be seen when you browse.
I think many need it!!

The problem is there are 16 different ttf font files used in MQ4. Not every one needs to be replaced but most do. It is possible to just change the skin font.xml file so that a single font is used for these, then you could just substitute arial or other font with better unicode coverage, but of course that would change the visual appearance of the fonts with the skin in use. I don't think the arial font looks very good in MQ4, kind of kills it for me.

scott s.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - koomak - 2013-07-12

scott967;
thanks for reply
Is it possible tell me which ones are related for that type of description that I have trouble . So I try with arial font toc check
thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - scott967 - 2013-07-12

Is there a particular script you need? I've done some mods for Chinese/Korean/Japanese and Hawaiian.

scott s.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - koomak - 2013-07-13

(2013-07-12, 22:20)scott967 Wrote: Is there a particular script you need? I've done some mods for Chinese/Korean/Japanese and Hawaiian.

scott s.

I need Persian Language
Thankx

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - tuareg - 2013-07-13

(2013-07-10, 20:54)cw-kid Wrote:
(2013-07-10, 12:34)tuareg Wrote: Hello Cw Kid, I tried but to no avail. For instance for the Artist ABBA, fanart.tv site has 92 images, but when I search for them in CDART Manager it shows none available and so on for others.

On adding Music into XBMC, I had Universal Artist/Album Scraper on, internet was working but at the end there was no artwork again, except for the old album covers which are embedded in the tags.

Guess I must be doing something wrong in the configuration. I have Audiodb enabled and whatever settings in Universal Scrapers cab be set are set to this where possible. Some settings allow no change from Allmusic.com but that addon is broken. I even disabled Eset Firewall and Virus protection for 10 min just to try.

Anyway thank you very much for helping. i will hunt around if I can find a step by step tutorial somewhere.

I dunno, I know you have to scan the music in to the XBMC Music library first before you can start using CDArtManager. The first time I ran CDArtManager it took a hell of a long time to build up its database I left it running over night.

As for Album covers I already had a hi-res folder.jpg in each albums folder also those cover images were embedded in to the mp3 files, so XBMC just displays my existing covers. There is an option in CDArtManager to get covers but I have never used it as I wanted the existing covers to be displayed. Think I also turned off in the Universal scraper any options to download covers.

When I scan the music in to the XBMC Music library as far as I am aware its the inbuilt Universal Music Artist and Album scrapers that get the fanart / thumb images and the bio's if available. To fill in any missing blanks I then updated TheAudioDB.com website as already stated and then reload those particular artists.

Once I was happy in the Artist view that each artist was showing an artist thumb image and background fanart (I use the Low List view for the Artists) I then started looking at CDArtManager.

CDArtManager was a bit tricky and took a while to get my head around and start working.You need it to build its database which I think you can force from the CDArtManager - Advanced - Modify Add-on Database - Refresh Add-on Database. This will force it to create a new database which should be done only after you have already got all your music in to the XBMC Music Library.

Now when I add new music I scan it in to the XBMC Music Library, check the new Artist(s) in the Artist view and add/edit TheAudioDB.com if required / reload any of those artists. I then go in to CDArtManager and select Advanced - Modify Add-on Database - Update Database.

Once the CDArtManager update has finished you then have to go to each type of artwork you want it to download for you, I do them all expect for albums covers, so for example in CDArtManager I would then go to:

AlbumCDArts - Automatic Download
Artist Fanarts - Automatic Download - Album Artists
Artist Clear Logos - Automatic Download - Album Artists
Artist Thumbs - Automatic Download - Album Artists (This actually overwrites the artists thumbs displayed by the initial Universal scraper scan. This is the folder.jpg in each artists folder)
Artist Banners - Automatic Download - Album Artists

Once I have ran each of these in CDArtManager it has then download all the available extra fanart in to each artists folder.

The only other tip I have is when viewing the artists in CDArtManager the green ones are recognised and the white ones are not. It uses http://musicbrainz.org/ so your artist folder names and the names of the artist in the MP3 tags should match as they are on http://musicbrainz.org/.

It took me months to figure out how all the artwork for all media types works in MQ4. I now have a fairly good understanding and have all available artwork being displayed in the UI, but I still don't know all the nitty gritty nuts and bolts of it all. IMHO artwork is the hardest thing to get to grips with in XBMC especially if you are a newish user like me who has migrated from MCE. In MCE codec were the hardest thing whereas in XBMC you don't need to give codec a second thought it just works out of the box!

The other big problem I had initially was my music folder structure was like this:

\\Server\Music\Genre\Artist\Album

XBMC does not like the Genre folders so I had to remove them and place all artists in the root music directory like

\\Server\Music\Artist1\Album1
\Album2
\\Server\Music\Artist2\Album1
\Album2

Hello CW Kid, may I ask you to tell me the following:

In Music source when you click up and then right arrow to go to ART from Collections, what is your images path root folder collection. I think this may have something to do to get respective fanart.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Fennec - 2013-07-14

How do I change the view mode in this skin?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-07-15

(2013-07-14, 14:13)Fennec Wrote: How do I change the view mode in this skin?

When you're in a library view press up until you are in the top menu. If you haven't already you will need to active the views you want by selecting '(de)activate views'.

Once you've done that, on the same top menu, underneath the '(de)activate views' button, there will be another to change view. If you highlight this and press left or right it will change the views.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - behking - 2013-07-19

hi
How can I turn off transparent mode for horizonz style ?

thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - cw-kid - 2013-07-22

(2013-07-13, 13:26)tuareg Wrote: Hello CW Kid, may I ask you to tell me the following:

In Music source when you click up and then right arrow to go to ART from Collections, what is your images path root folder collection. I think this may have something to do to get respective fanart.

The path to music fanart should be the root of your music directory in my case SMB://WHS/MUSIC/

Can anyone else also confirm they have the same fields missing with TV Show meta-data ?

All my TV Shows scraped in to XBMC using TheTVDB.com scraper are missing this information in these fields.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-07-23

(2013-07-22, 12:21)cw-kid Wrote:
(2013-07-13, 13:26)tuareg Wrote: Hello CW Kid, may I ask you to tell me the following:

The path to music fanart should be the root of your music directory in my case SMB://WHS/MUSIC/

Can anyone else also confirm they have the same fields missing with TV Show meta-data ?

All my TV Shows scraped in to XBMC using TheTVDB.com scraper are missing this information in these fields.

Thanks

I'm not at home to try it for you right now, but you could try installing ACE and seeing if you have the same issue with that.

If you don't then it's likely a skin bug on MQ4.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - cw-kid - 2013-07-23

Hi

Also having some similar issues with some fields that won't populate in the Concerts area of MQ4 for Music Concert DVDs.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=169622&pid=1468434#pid1468434

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-07-23

I don't use concerts myself so I can't offer much assistance there, but again I would suggest trying on ACE and seeing if you get the same result.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - verysoftpaper - 2013-07-25

Sorry, can someone help me find the Case Selector?
Looked everywhere but didn't find it.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Samu-rai - 2013-07-25

(2013-07-25, 01:49)verysoftpaper Wrote: Sorry, can someone help me find the Case Selector?
Looked everywhere but didn't find it.

Thanks

When you're in the TV or Movie library, on the top menu there is a button under one of the headings called 'customize media case', or something along those lines.