Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - st graveyard - 2012-07-10

(2012-07-10, 21:50)Lockos Wrote: Another thing / bug that I noticed was some missing flags in MQ4 (codec flags and ratio aspect), see the difference between MQ2 and MQ4 :

MQ2

MQ4

Am I missing something ?

Thanks for your help/explanations ! Wink

This is a good point. I have noticed that the codec info is indeed missed a lot. for example in the info screen of a tvshow,all info is there except for the codec :

Is this normal?

And I have a suggestion. When checking images, the photoview background shows an image from the directory, but it is always enlarged to 16:9. That doesn't look right. Is it possible to keep the correct aspect of the picture when it is used as background? see thisshot as example, the image is stretched :

I think it would look better in original aspect ...

cheers
Also, can somebody tell me how to sort the albums of an artist by release date? I don't think this is possible anymore?? Marcos??

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Omegatron - 2012-07-10

(2012-07-10, 17:52)MarcosQui Wrote: Remote Control V2, all the buttons with the same size and in columns, semi-transparent base. Please give opinions.

sidewalksuper, only after the final version.

Though its better then the other remote i, like others, am +1 on old osd style instead of remote.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - sidewalksuper - 2012-07-11

@ Marcos: I like this much better than the first remote, but I'm also with the majority here that the MQ3 OSD is the best fit for me.
Hope you don't take it the wrong way, love what you're doing! Big Grin

@ chippie: I think you mean old OSD, instead of the old style remote (=new OSD that looks like a remote), right? Smile
(2012-07-10, 22:23)chippie Wrote: Sorry, but I am with the majority here, I much prefer the old style remote.

@ Lockos: You can get the aspect ratio back by turning off the audio language label Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - newoski - 2012-07-11

BUG:

If I hit STOP while watching a trailer, the 3,2,1 countdown stars over again, instead of taking me back to MOVIES

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - KrakenT3ch - 2012-07-11

(2012-07-10, 21:50)Lockos Wrote: Personnaly, I'm also in favour of the old MQ2/3 OSD style ! Nevertheless your work is great Marcos Wink

I tried to use Alpha 2 with official Eden release and i have a couple of questions :

In MQ2, when you were playing a song (or a playlist), you had an integrated playlist menu of "currently playing" songs in MQ2, and this feature was integrated (that means you didn't have to create any new menu)

The "playliste" item that you see on the picture was appearing since i played any song/playlist, I didn't had to create anything !!!

Why don't we have this cool feature anymore ? Can someone tell me how to create an add-on which could bring back this feature to life, it was so cool ?

I see a playlist with the next tracks....Is that what you are referring to? The one in the bottom of this screenshot?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-07-11

(2012-07-11, 00:53)sidewalksuper Wrote: @ chippie: I think you mean old OSD, instead of the old style remote (=new OSD that looks like a remote), right? Smile
(2012-07-10, 22:23)chippie Wrote: Sorry, but I am with the majority here, I much prefer the old style remote.

Yeah guess I was not that clear but I do state that in the next paragraph :-)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Ghostdivision - 2012-07-11

I would like to ask, since i have an issue from mq3 that was never fixed, I hope is addressed in mq4, its a pretty big issue to me anyway. With mq3, and it has not been added in mq4, is the ability to select music thumbnails from my own hard drive. Often times I replace music art, and xbmc caches the art, after I replace the art, i need to switch to confluence, to select "local thumb" to replace it.

PLease please if you can add local thumb option to mq4, its located under get thumb in confluence skin. IN mq3 i can only select remote thumbnails, not a local one i downloaded myself onto my hard drive. Its a huge pain i constantly have to switch to confluence to update or change my music art. Its a basic feature that was never available in mq3.

Below is a picture of the option in confluence.

An option to get fanart as well would go a long way in making mq4 very user friendly as well. Currently aeon nox has get thumb and get fanart options in music...., as well as being able to select local images on your computer as well.

Changing music art has been quite difficult with mq skins which has hurt its simple usability for me.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - mindweaver - 2012-07-11

The remote V2 looks better than the first one. But it is still not better than the MQ3 one. The "Remote" type doesn't feel right for TV with remote use. Feels more like a function for when you are sitting close to a computer screen and have a mouse pointer.

I like that you are trying new things, but the old style was beautiful as it was and more user friendly.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - st graveyard - 2012-07-11

(2012-07-11, 07:14)Ghostdivision Wrote: I would like to ask, since i have an issue from mq3 that was never fixed, I hope is addressed in mq4, its a pretty big issue to me anyway. With mq3, and it has not been added in mq4, is the ability to select music thumbnails from my own hard drive. Often times I replace music art, and xbmc caches the art, after I replace the art, i need to switch to confluence, to select "local thumb" to replace it.

PLease please if you can add local thumb option to mq4, its located under get thumb in confluence skin. IN mq3 i can only select remote thumbnails, not a local one i downloaded myself onto my hard drive. Its a huge pain i constantly have to switch to confluence to update or change my music art. Its a basic feature that was never available in mq3.

Below is a picture of the option in confluence.

An option to get fanart as well would go a long way in making mq4 very user friendly as well. Currently aeon nox has get thumb and get fanart options in music...., as well as being able to select local images on your computer as well.

Changing music art has been quite difficult with mq skins which has hurt its simple usability for me.

Ghost, are you saying you don't have your local thumb and fanart in the music dir? And does the solution I talked about on the previous page not work for you?
I mean, placing your art in another dir with the same build up structure as the music dir (band, album) and then pointing it to that dir in MQ4? Wouldn't that be a solution for you?

MAybe you can help me with somthing, since you are also looking in the music section. You know how to sort the albums of a band by release year? Doesn't seem to work for me anymore in MQ4, unless I'm doing something really wrongHuh

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - KrakenT3ch - 2012-07-11

I like both remote v2 and OSD Smile Would love an option to choose between them Wink I know its a bit too much Big Grin

@st graveyard:

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - SavellM - 2012-07-11

I much prefer v2 remote over v1.
And I could live with it.

But still prefer the MQ3 OSD, it was just easier, and cleaner.

(2012-07-11, 09:01)KrakenT3ch Wrote: I like both the remotes Smile Would love an option to choose between them Wink I know its a bit too much Big Grin

@st graveyard:

Shit, how could I have not seen thisHuhHuh? :-)
Thanks Kraken!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-07-11

ok, the old bar will return, I'll try to include in Alpha 3.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - SavellM - 2012-07-11

Thanks Marcos!

We all really appreciate your hard work.

Marcos,

You are the best!

Please also have a look at the codec info issue we posted yesterday (if it is an issue). I also noticed when pressing pause during an episode or a movie, the codec info is not there (sound codec, aspect ratio, studio ... is all there, codec isn't) ...

Grave