Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-07-12

done.

Fixed: Photoview background - keep original aspect.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - schumi2004 - 2012-07-12

Nice job Marcos, i would say release this baby for testing Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - st graveyard - 2012-07-12

(2012-07-12, 15:13)MarcosQui Wrote: done.

Fixed: Photoview background - keep original aspect.

Many many thanks Marcos!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - sidewalksuper - 2012-07-12

Great to see all the new changes, can't wait to test it out Marcos!

By the way, can you make the order in the changelog.txt the other way around?
Normally the new stuff is at the top, so you can see the latest changes right away Smile

Thanks!

Yes, it makes sense.

From the alpha 3 will be this way.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - isitmeor - 2012-07-12

Is alpha 3 available?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - newoski - 2012-07-12

Not yet

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - BrainSturm - 2012-07-12

Maybe some bugs:

1. In MQ4 the Banner Layout for Low List is missing as far as I can see...would love to see it again in MQ4 (Pic is from MQ3)

2. When you are on MQ3 and you would leave the TV-Section and you enter the Video Section, it normally looks like this:

In MQ 4, when you are in the TV-Section or the Movie Section and you would enter the Videos Section, you always see the last view you were in.
For example you would see the first picture in my post if it were the last menu you were using before entering the Videos Section.

If you then press Backspace, you would come to this menu:

And if you press Backspace one more time, you would finally be in the normal Video Section view like in picture number 2.

Don´t know if it´s skin related or XBMC related.

3. How do the blue arrows (Forwards / Backwards) work, when selecting a view mode?

Somethimes when I enter the art section and switch back, the blue arrow is on the right side, and I can scroll forwards through the views.
But this doesnt always happen...sometimes it stays on the left side.
The same behaviour happens when you enter the media info section...blue arrow is then on the left side, and I can scroll backwards through the views.
But again...this isnt always the case Smile So...how does this work Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Tyranian - 2012-07-12

Hi does anyone know if its at all possible to display time on all views like it was on MQ3 this isnt a major issue just a nice to have.

Also not sure if this has already been mentioned but on low list view trailers do not work if you press right twice it then at the top says press up twice for trailer if you press up it just then moves the list again as if you were scrolling through it (however you can activate the trailer using left twice to access the menu then up)

I'll add some pics soon when I'm on my pc with XBMC.

@BrainSturm I think your #3 point is just an implementation bug indeed, if you place the cursor on change views and then press right arrow, then left arrow and then down button you will see that the right button is selected. If you do it vice versa, go with the cursor on change views, then press left arrow, right arrow and down and the left button is selected.

#2 is a bug in MQ4, not in XBMC

Good finds! Smile

@Tyranian I already mentioned that error Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Tyranian - 2012-07-12

Ah ok.. In that case I'll ignore uploading the photos Smile I thought I had gone through most posts and didnt see it mentioned guess i shouldnt skim read Smile

BrainSturm;

1. Done in Alpha 3.

2. Its not a bug, it is an option. In Main Menu/botton menu choose Customizations. Click in menu VIDEOS and choose CLICK GO TO FILES MODE.

3. This only happens in Eden, in Frodo works correctly.

Aahhhh an option Big Grin Good to know Smile

@Marcos, for that #2: Could you also add the option there to go to the first list, now I'm in files mode right away from Videos but sometimes I want to go to video addons as well Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Ghostdivision - 2012-07-13

(2012-07-12, 08:46)st graveyard Wrote:
(2012-07-12, 01:51)Ghostdivision Wrote: Actually marcos a solution to my problem exists in the movie section for choosing my art. Please if possible add this solution to music as well, it would completely fix my complaint. In movies when selecting thumbnail or fanart there is a "browse" option. THis is exactly what I would like to be added in the music section for replacing thumbnails or fanart as well that i want to change.

Hey Ghost,

I also have all my art in the music section like yourself. But I'm not sure if the music section has the "cache problem" like you describe (I know Rom Collection Browser has it, but that is an entirely different program).
I have some remarks :
- If you just replace a bad thumb with a high res thum in your folders, than remove the album and do a update of the music library, doesn't this solve the problem?
- Are you aware of bad images embedded in the mp3 files of your music collection? If this is the case, these images will allways be imported first instead of the folder.jpg. Removing these from the mp3 tags in the file first is the only sollution (I use MP3tag).
- I assume you also use CDART manager. I believe I have seen an option in this tool to 'update your music library'. This might help?
- A complete delete and import of your music library might solve problems, which shouldn't be a problem since you have everything stored on your HD (it works for me)

However, I also think adding the same options to the music section as well might be a good idea.

Some extra questions

- When pressing the info button on a band, MQ4 gets a list of released albums. This list contains albums I don't have. Where does MQ4 get these? Why is that?
- How come you can get a 'filmography' in MQ4 of a band member when pressing the info button? That seems odd to me ...

Cheers,
Grave

Hello,

Your first suggestion might be a decent solution, but I still really think the easiest solution would just be for marcos to add a browse button to music thumbnails and fanart like is included in movies and it seems you feel like it would be a good idea to have those options in music included as well, it makes for the easiest user friendly solution imo. A complete delete and import of my library is also an excessive unnecessary solution imo to my problem. I would rather switch to confluence or nox to change my music art, then delete and re-import my entire music library....

All my music is flac, nothing is embedded. XBMC simply caches the old folder.jpg for music artsists...... a developer on here told me. You can test it by replacing a folder.jpg image in one of your music folders if you dont have seperate directory for your art. My music images never change when i reboot or rescan, it just continues to show the old art it originally found on the very first scan even though i deleted it from my music folder...A developer said music cache does not update like movies.

I also dont really use cdart, it seems marcos really designed music section assuming we will use it, i tend to grab my own art manually, to pick what i like, and make sure its high resolution from various sources.
I also have the issue with the info button for bands grabbing information for albums i dont have, maybe marcos can correct that as well...

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Ghostdivision - 2012-07-13

I also want to ask and forgive me if its been discussed, is it possible to setup recent films when you scroll over movies to be displayed like this when i scroll over movies or tv shows. I miss the little popup picture of my recent viewed show or movie. I know there is boxes listed at the top but i did like the little popup picture as well. But i would also like the boxes at the top to only appear if i call them up..... Maybe im the only one that feels this way, but sometimes i dont like the crowded boxes at the top to always be displayed unless i call them up, but I do miss the pop up picture as well. It looked nice and clean.

I also prefer this layout to the boxes structure at the top, i felt it was cleaner

This is just my opinion and i might be completely wrong here, maybe nobody else feels that way. But i loved mq3 layout, you put alot of work into it to perfect it. Now i love mq4, i love the new look and colors of the skin, i love all the new features, however, i also feel like i miss the ability to lay things out like in mq3. Mq4 is amazing, but i was hoping more for an evolution of mq3 then an entire rebuild and having to get used to an entirely new layout and certain features actually removed or changed. MQ4 will be my skin of choice for sure, i just wish it was more an evolution of everything you worked hard to make in mq3 rather then an entire rebuild, i miss some old layouts and old features. Maybe in the future if you build more new skins you could just build on what you already have making improvements, adding new layout options, but also leaving in all the old layouts and old options you worked hard to add in previous skins and that users have become accustomed to using, i often feel like im having to re-learn new layouts in mq4 and get used to a new layout all over again. This is just my opinion, and i love all your work and mq4 is certainly an upgrade that is welcomed but i miss certain things as well.