Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - st graveyard - 2012-07-13

(2012-07-13, 03:28)Ghostdivision Wrote: I also want to ask and forgive me if its been discussed, is it possible to setup recent films when you scroll over movies to be displayed like this when i scroll over movies or tv shows. I miss the little popup picture of my recent viewed show or movie. I know there is boxes listed at the top but i did like the little popup picture as well. But i would also like the boxes at the top to only appear if i call them up..... Maybe im the only one that feels this way, but sometimes i dont like the crowded boxes at the top to always be displayed unless i call them up, but I do miss the pop up picture as well. It looked nice and clean.

Ghost,

In the furniture options you can make the top pop up automatically disappear. I mean, when you enter the menu, it is there, after 3 seconds it disappears and you can call it up by pressing 'up'. It is really really cool!

I understand how you feel but to be honest for me, MQ4 is not a step backwards regarding the recently/random items. I prefer it over MQ3. Like you stated, it is something to get used to. In the end, both solutions work for me. I just think MQ4 feels quicker and better ... And I like the auto hide function ;-)

(2012-07-13, 00:11)Ghostdivision Wrote: Hello,

Your first suggestion might be a decent solution, but I still really think the easiest solution would just be for marcos to add a browse button to music thumbnails and fanart like is included in movies and it seems you feel like it would be a good idea to have those options in music included as well, it makes for the easiest user friendly solution imo. A complete delete and import of my library is also an excessive unnecessary solution imo to my problem. I would rather switch to confluence or nox to change my music art, then delete and re-import my entire music library....

All my music is flac, nothing is embedded. XBMC simply caches the old folder.jpg for music artsists...... a developer on here told me. You can test it by replacing a folder.jpg image in one of your music folders if you dont have seperate directory for your art. My music images never change when i reboot or rescan, it just continues to show the old art it originally found on the very first scan even though i deleted it from my music folder...A developer said music cache does not update like movies.

I also dont really use cdart, it seems marcos really designed music section assuming we will use it, i tend to grab my own art manually, to pick what i like, and make sure its high resolution from various sources.
I also have the issue with the info button for bands grabbing information for albums i dont have, maybe marcos can correct that as well...

I also feel the need to have this extra feature back in the music section.

I strongly recommend you to try out CDART manager (make a backup of your music folder first). This tool only grabs high res pictures and uses the standard structure of the music dir. It is just amazing and will save you a lot of manual work. I also think the CD reviews and band bios it gets and saves in XML are better than the ones I scraped with the XBMC scrapers (but maybe that is just me).

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - bry - 2012-07-13

(2012-07-12, 20:41)Tyranian Wrote: Hi does anyone know if its at all possible to display time on all views like it was on MQ3 this isnt a major issue just a nice to have.

Also not sure if this has already been mentioned but on low list view trailers do not work if you press right twice it then at the top says press up twice for trailer if you press up it just then moves the list again as if you were scrolling through it (however you can activate the trailer using left twice to access the menu then up)

I'll add some pics soon when I'm on my pc with XBMC.

hmm I must have missed this setting in mq3 - could you tell me where it is as this would improve the WAF

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - pyrodex - 2012-07-13

(2012-07-12, 20:41)Tyranian Wrote: Hi does anyone know if its at all possible to display time on all views like it was on MQ3 this isnt a major issue just a nice to have.

Also not sure if this has already been mentioned but on low list view trailers do not work if you press right twice it then at the top says press up twice for trailer if you press up it just then moves the list again as if you were scrolling through it (however you can activate the trailer using left twice to access the menu then up)

I'll add some pics soon when I'm on my pc with XBMC.

I to miss this feature, it would be nice to have weather/time options globally.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Tyranian - 2012-07-13

(2012-07-13, 16:57)bry- Wrote: hmm I must have missed this setting in mq3 - could you tell me where it is as this would improve the WAF

It was in settings -> skin -> reminders -> show hour/date/weather (global) and you just toggled it on.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-07-13

Finally, new OSD:

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-07-13

Aeon MQ 4 - Alpha 3 available 07/13/2012

Changelog:

Added: New OSD Bar.
Added: Menu Bar in Video Info, Album Info and Song Info.
Added: Play Disc button in Media Controls/Main Menu.
Added: Playlist button in Media Controls/Main Menu.
Added: RCB - new changes in SVN version.
Added: Edited fonts with Hebrew characters. (Idan, thank you for that)
Added: Edited fonts with Greek characters. (CutSickAss, thank you for that)
Added: Episodes playback - Premiered tag.
Added: Music ExtraFanart in Playback FullScreen also in Home Window.
Added: MPAA Rating in Hungarian. (cortez44, thank you for that)
Added: Time/Date global in collections.
Fixed: RCB - View Multiplex, missing info panel.
Fixed: View Showart - missing info panel.
Fixed: View Large List - press right twice, media labels don't disappear.
Fixed: View Multiplex - missing director info and writer info.
Fixed: View List Low - Missing TVshow logo and Artists logo.
Fixed: View List Low - Missing option to set layout banner/poster.
Fixed: Trailer is not visible if use Full Screen mode.
Fixed: Can not set a background image for submenus.
Fixed: Click in button My Menu not go to list items.
Fixed: Small tweaks in the customization of furniture.
Fixed: Main Menu - up arrow loses focus on some menus.
Fixed: Missing Video Codec Flags.
Fixed: Subtitles - settings window opens behind of OSD.
Fixed: Photoview background - keep original aspect.
Fixed: Trailer Window - stop play returns countdown trailer.
Fixed: Main Menu - Playlist is not clean when starting new item song.
Changed: Flags Folder is out of xbt file.
Changed: Fonts in the Top Menu/Main Menu are a little bigger.
Changed: Main Menu - Background Images/Loading mode, to make navigation smoother.
Changed: Weather Popup - Now the skin remembers the last mode used (4 days, 7 days and etc...).

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Lockos - 2012-07-13

Thanx a lot Marcos for those amazing changes that prove your reactivity ! Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Freedom - 2012-07-13

Hello Marcos,

Thanks for the beautiful Aeon MQ 4 skin, just installed Alpha 3. But is it possible in the home screen of music only to provide the CD sleeve or as a choice with info or artist. I do not really like the square fit in your beautiful skin. I mean so this CD cover and then in the home screen:

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - st graveyard - 2012-07-13

Looks great Marcos,

I wil install tomorrow and give feedback. Can't wait to test RCB!

Cheers,
Grave

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - DeCaf - 2012-07-13

Is there any way to get the rating to show in the right column of the "Large List" when browsing the movie library? It is available in the "Low List", but I much prefer the "Large List", however I would really also like to see the ratings together with the movies (preferably as numbers rather than stars). Is this somehow possible already, or is it something that could be done for the final release perhaps?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - TrailFoX - 2012-07-13

Thx for the Release

but again, after installing the update the playlist (script.randomandlastitems) are without function in my menü. why? what´s the problem?
I have a fresh eden installation. everthing works good bevor.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - HallucinogeN - 2012-07-13

can't wait for the new skin.
just wodering about two issues.

1) I noticed within the preview of the MQ4 skin that the music reminder does not show album review information in the main menu.
also in MQ3 it's - year: (year-tag) Genre: empty

the weird thing is when switching to "recommended album" from recent the genre does apply (no album review tough)

2) is it possible to show next tracks that it'll be easier to read them - something like Aeon Nox?

THANKS for all the hard work. well appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Ghostdivision - 2012-07-14

(2012-07-13, 09:18)st graveyard Wrote:
(2012-07-13, 03:28)Ghostdivision Wrote: I also want to ask and forgive me if its been discussed, is it possible to setup recent films when you scroll over movies to be displayed like this when i scroll over movies or tv shows. I miss the little popup picture of my recent viewed show or movie. I know there is boxes listed at the top but i did like the little popup picture as well. But i would also like the boxes at the top to only appear if i call them up..... Maybe im the only one that feels this way, but sometimes i dont like the crowded boxes at the top to always be displayed unless i call them up, but I do miss the pop up picture as well. It looked nice and clean.

Ghost,

In the furniture options you can make the top pop up automatically disappear. I mean, when you enter the menu, it is there, after 3 seconds it disappears and you can call it up by pressing 'up'. It is really really cool!

I understand how you feel but to be honest for me, MQ4 is not a step backwards regarding the recently/random items. I prefer it over MQ3. Like you stated, it is something to get used to. In the end, both solutions work for me. I just think MQ4 feels quicker and better ... And I like the auto hide function ;-)

As i mentioned mq4 is definitely an upgrade and i very much enjoy it, it is my favorite skin and for sure better then mq3 what I was saying is i just feel some aspects from mq3 i really enjoyed and got used to are now gone or removed. What i was asking was for him in the future to just build and add features to his existing skins, maybe give it a new look as well, rather then completely rebuilding and starting from scratch. Marcos put alot of work and fixes for features in mq3 but now he has completely started over. I was just basically saying in future skins I would prefer him to just evolve and add new options and layouts into his new skins, but still maintaining the ability to use old layouts and features as well. I just think some of us miss some old things in mq3 we have become accustomed to.MQ4 has exceeded all expectations but i originally thought it would be an evolution of mq3 rather then a complete start over. Its easier for us to re-learn things but also keep in mind were all not hardcore xbmc users, my wife is quite confused with the new skin and asks me why stuff is not where it was and why we cant put some things back the way they were, i was hoping i would have the option to maintain some old layouts and features from mq3 as well as using some of the new features and layouts in mq4.

Simply my opinion and marcos might not feel the same way. Mq4 is amazing overall and the best xbmc skin.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - ntadej - 2012-07-14

(2012-07-13, 21:53)Freedom Wrote: Hello Marcos,

Thanks for the beautiful Aeon MQ 4 skin, just installed Alpha 3. But is it possible in the home screen of music only to provide the CD sleeve or as a choice with info or artist. I do not really like the square fit in your beautiful skin. I mean so this CD cover and then in the home screen:

+1

I would really like these large time/artist/track fonts back as a setting and ability to disable bio and artist photos, just CD art.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - schumi2004 - 2012-07-14

Running version 0.03 and all seems good as described in change log but noticed 1 irritating thing and that is inLive TV section. I can't get the tv channels list without struggling with top menu.
When i select top menu, tv channels and leave top menu and try to select a channel everything is screwed up and it starts at end of list or it shows only 20 from 120 channels. I took me 4 attempts to finally pick the channel i wanted.

Other things noticed:
- Can't get My Menu active.
- I can't activate or de-activate submenu items, it stays blue no matter what i do. (how to toggle between them?)

Requests:
- Ability to de-activate bottom menu items, for exmaple restart/reboot/hibernate etc. In MQ3 i could duplicate profile and restrict access to items can't find such option in MQ4.
- In Aeon NOX there you can select a option to have random menu color, is it possible to have such thing in Aeon MQ4. Not a copy from Aeon NOX but for example when auto backdrop for movie switches to a backdrop from the Green Latern (easy example) to have the menu match the color of the backdrop (or close to it) just an idea.