Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - TeKo - 2012-07-15

Oh wow this looks really great.

To get alpha/beta access I have to donate and send a mail after?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - st graveyard - 2012-07-15

(2012-07-15, 01:38)loopez Wrote: Hi!

New bar in is nice.. but bottom placement is not fortuanate when you want to finetune and sync subtitles. when you do subtitles offset you are barely see subtitles through bottom pilot bar. is is possible to move it to top ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That's a very good point!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - RavenNL - 2012-07-15

(2012-07-15, 09:58)st graveyard Wrote:
(2012-07-15, 01:38)loopez Wrote: Hi!

New bar in is nice.. but bottom placement is not fortuanate when you want to finetune and sync subtitles. when you do subtitles offset you are barely see subtitles through bottom pilot bar. is is possible to move it to top ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That's a very good point!

Bottom place is perfect tbh, because it's easier for the eyes instead of looking up. When changing subtitle offset it should auto-hide tbh like chippie said.

One thing that I don't like is why does the OSD / settings menu have to be a carrousel of endless scrolling, it makes navigating less user friendly compared to a fixed list. Hope something will be changed for that or at least give us an option to turn it off.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2012-07-15

@RavenNL, why in scroll, because the number of available menu items are now in greater numbers (new functions available), and it would be interesting to go back to a fixed bar, which obviously limits the number of buttons and functions, the second situation, to eliminate scrolling text in the description of each button. Menu bar is only in bottom place for now, too.

There is at this time, option to disable the scroll in the XBMC settings options.

The request for return of the viewing screen in fullscreen (music), same as it was in the 3rd aeon skin, as a matter of changing the layout, and to maintain harmonious aspect, this will not be changed. For those using the artist slideshow script, we recommend using the option to use images only 16:9 (set this in addon setting), it´s possible turn off furniture, if necessary.

About customization, important to know that some alternate options available for all the functions available in one single place, eg for images of weather based on actual conditions, while in customization mode, choose Weather, press enter twice in the option (backdrop image based in..(first Norh America, second South America, 3th backdrop images based on actual condition). The first option available is a default in this case, others altenative options. It is so in many places.
For use backdrop image based on actual condition (weather), is necessary install extrapack, first.

@BrainSturm, the button says: click go for files mode (this is default mode), the alternative option is list mode, in this case, if you desire option files mode, no necessary any step here.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - KrakenT3ch - 2012-07-15

Another small bug in Low List View -> Album Tracks -> Auto Info

(2012-07-15, 15:12)Wanilton Wrote: @RavenNL, why in scroll, because the number of available menu items are now in greater numbers (new functions available), and it would be interesting to go back to a fixed bar, which obviously limits the number of buttons and functions, the second situation, to eliminate scrolling text in the description of each button. Bar is only in bottom place for now, too.

Well in settings there is no need to have it scrollable, the first option on top of the list is the same as the one that is down the list. Sure this way it looks funny, but is it practical, in my opinion no.

Regarding the OSD. I'm pretty sure that some of those options can be ditched when you take in mind that we have a remote in our hands / keyboard of the computer.

* Show paused - One time option that can be placed somewhere else, I doubt you will need this everyday.
* Volume buttons (3)
* Media Info
* Show/hide furniture - No idea what it is doing, don't see anything happen at all
[/quote]

@RavenNL, there are plans to incorporated in menu bar other buttons with others functions, this actual model is fine in this case.

About Show/hide furniture is an option for menu bar in music only, Marcos need fix (remove) in menu bar for vídeo this function.

Wanilton

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - st graveyard - 2012-07-15

(2012-07-15, 15:27)KrakenT3ch Wrote: Another small bug in Low List View -> Album Tracks -> Auto Info

Kraken,

How do you go to this auto info screen? Can't seem to find it ...

Cheers,
Grave

PS : good taste in music ;-)

Well there other ways, there is still room for 1 more category. If the plan is too make more categories then it would be best to move the whole section to below instead of centered (if you catch my drift). The centered is view is just a bit annoying when want to configure xbmc quickly, sure it looks nice, but again it's not practical (same goes for the osd) ;0

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-07-15

(2012-07-15, 15:53)RavenNL Wrote: Well in settings there is no need to have it scrollable, the first option on top of the list is the same as the one that is down the list. Sure this way it looks funny, but is it practical, in my opinion no.

Wrong, enable PVR function and see why have scroll.

If I used scroll in some areas is because it was needed.

Moreover, the focus to the center is used anywhere on the skin, main menu, collections and etc. .. I like it, you do not like, is a matter of personal preference.

It's impossible change the skin to suit the personal taste of each. Make everyone 100% satisfied... it's impossible too.

(2012-07-15, 16:29)MarcosQui Wrote:
(2012-07-15, 15:53)RavenNL Wrote: Well in settings there is no need to have it scrollable, the first option on top of the list is the same as the one that is down the list. Sure this way it looks funny, but is it practical, in my opinion no.

Wrong, enable PVR function and see why have scroll.

If I used scroll in some areas is because it was needed.

Moreover, the focus to the center is used anywhere on the skin, main menu, collections and etc. .. I like it, you do not like, is a matter of personal preference.

It's impossible change the skin to suit the personal taste of each. Make everyone 100% satisfied... it's impossible too.

Well I don't use the PVR function (probably many others too). In MQ3 it wasn't a problem as well, so why not leave the normal view how it was like in MQ3 for the non PVR users. Or merge the PVR items into 1 PVR section. This is just too confusing, again yes it looks nice, but it isn't practical at all, probably most will get irritated about it in the long run Wink

Or instead of center scroll, let the whole section go down and when you reach the last item it just jumps back to the top. Just an idea....

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Tommy2012 - 2012-07-15

Hi Marcos

Thx again for a stunning Skin..great work as always Smile

A question: Is it possible to get "xbmc intro movie" script to work with MQ4?

Rgds

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - m0v1em4n - 2012-07-15

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me if you can chose a custom color for collection cases, like the idea of being able to chose the color of the cases for bluray, 3d, dvd etc great work

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MatLCFC - 2012-07-15

(2012-07-03, 00:46)WO0kie Wrote:
(2012-07-02, 20:02)MatLCFC Wrote: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=67012

I have to build XBMC in order to use the fantastic spotify addon (link above). This works fine with MQ3 but with MQ4 most of the text disappears (below). What causes this, Is there anyway to get round it?

Once again. Congrats on the skin. It is the best skin by far! Feels like another big step forward.

I've been using SpotiMC Addon which seems to be working fine on Openelec 2.0 Beta 4 & Aeon MQ4. Didn't try SpotyXBMC2 as it sounded like more hassle to setup for Openelec as afaik due to legal reasons you need to compile yourself.
I really want to use SpotyXBMC2 with MQ4

Are there any experts who can help with this problem. I don't understand what causes this?
Is it related to the String.xml file? I don't understand why only part of the text is missing?

Sorry to be a pain... I can't believe more of you don't use SpotyXBMC2 it is an awesome addon by the way.

@MatLCFC, aeon mq 4 work fine with openelec 2 beta 4, because this version xbmc is eden or pre-eden (Gui 3.0), previous version openelec is dharma, there changes in XBMC GUI, cause this troubles, is not related with strings.xml file.
Only way to work, is update Project SpotyXBMC2 for eden or frodo.