Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - e9657 - 2012-07-18

I was playing around with the furniture settings and realized that HIDE WATCH hid the time and HIDE LIBRARY hid the movie watch list. This needs to be reversed.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - micheel - 2012-07-18

In the tv show section , i chose landscape mode.
the thumbnails were named correctly and where in the right folder.
But i still had to set it manualy to show up, cause it showed poster.jpg in the landscape thumbnail instead of landscape.jpg
The same issue with the season thumbnails, is this a issue in aeon mq4 ? cause this pc is just a fresh install ..

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - stensgaard - 2012-07-18

is there any way to make the progress bar longer, on the OSD pause/info screens?
at the moment, it looks super nice, but it's a bit hard to see (quickly) if a movie is halfway through, or just started...

it's not a big thing .. but I do think it would make more sense if it was bigger! Smile

also can someone tell me how to change the bagground image for the settings menu, I changed it for settings in the main menu,
but once I click settings, the bagground reverts to an image of a blue android lady.. and so far I have yet to find a way to change that?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Lock70 - 2012-07-18

(2012-07-17, 18:49)Wanilton Wrote: @Lock70, yes it´s work fine with cdart manager, what exact don´t change/show for you (cover, disc art, fanart), no need any extra step, images go to your destination, and skin show in respectives places.

But for extra fanart, clear art, go to music (album or artist), go to top menu, art, set on option Extra Fanart, and show artist/album art, set path for your music folder, done. Look the image, how set:

Extra Fanart work in home, fullscreen (press tab), Library and playlist.

Hi Wanilton, thanks for your fast anwser. Ok Thinks i have done....

Install XBCM (Lastest Nightly)
Install MQ4
Install Adon Pack from first side
Install Extrapack from first side
Setup my Music where XBMC find it
Create Music database (xbmc)
Start Adon CDART
now i see in the right upper corner a blinking HDD sign with 50% on it. Ask Music Database

That was it ....... after 10 Hours waiting still 50 %
I cant do anything ESC , Back and so on. nothing is working.
CPU use is 01%
To Stop XBMC i must kill it with the task Manager
System is Win 7 64bit

Yesterday i delete the Music Database and all setings on CDART, start XBMC and creat a new Music Database. Start CDART and it is still the same after more than 12 Hours 50% .....

What can i do ?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2012-07-18

@Lock70, build the database cdart addon is a slow process even as it depends on how your music is organized, what size of your collection, I recommend that you use a program that allows to manage the tags of your songs (tagscanner is free and good for this). It´s not caused by skin. Maybe do you need send for Giftie, your debug log.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2012-07-18

@steensgaard, about background image in settings, change background image in home it´s fine, but don´t change default image in settings options screen, time to return to home, mantain image default skin for settings, need fix for change background image in two places in this case, for solve. Thanks for report.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Lock70 - 2012-07-18

(2012-07-18, 18:10)Wanilton Wrote: @Lock70, build the database cdart addon is a slow process even as it depends on how your music is organized, what size of your collection, I recommend that you use a program that allows to manage the tags of your songs (tagscanner is free and good for this). It´s not caused by skin. Maybe do you need send for Giftie, your debug log.

Hi Wanilton, maybe i found a way. At the extra settings at the CDART Menu i klick on" creat database in background". An now i think the database build is in progress. we will see........... :-) the % is grow up. i will come back when i know more

And yes i have tagged about 99% off my mp3´s. I use MP3tag for it. bu the way... It it necessary to fill the field "Album-Artist" ? i have let it empty and use only the fields "album" and "artist".

off topic: can we build please a GERMAN Forum ? English is HARD to write for me :-)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-07-18

(2012-07-18, 17:26)stensgaard Wrote: is there any way to make the progress bar longer, on the OSD pause/info screens?
at the moment, it looks super nice, but it's a bit hard to see (quickly) if a movie is halfway through, or just started...

it's not a big thing .. but I do think it would make more sense if it was bigger! Smile

+1 I would also like to see it across the whole bottom of the screen as it used to be. I know, I know....reverting to things from MQ3 but these little things really worked. I often Pause what I am watching to see how long is left and the small progress bar is very difficult to see and get a quick reading from.

In my view the whole point is to be able to see all the important info at a brief glance which worked with the MQ3 pause screen.

Also on the OSD bar when you select Hide Furniture is does stop the Info page from popping up whilst paused but it also removes the progress details, Current TIme and Ends at time. I would have though these should remain on screen whilst paused with hide furniture enabled.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - SavellM - 2012-07-19

I have a question/addition/bug...

I am trying to get TV Shows and Movies to scan for multiple backdrops.
So I go into cusomization and select Movies.
Then I use the setting "Change Backdrop - Multiple Images"
I browse to where my Movies are and select that folder, but the Backdrop just becomes black.

My folder structure is this:
video\Movies\A Movie Folder (2012)\The Movie Name.mkv
video\Movies\A Movie Folder (2012)\poster.jpg
video\Movies\A Movie Folder (2012)\extrafanart\Some extra fan art here.jpg

Now if I select the \video\Movies\ directory, will it scan within those folders?

If not is there any way to get it to look within those folders?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2012-07-19

@SavellM, for this case - Multiple Images - use addon Artwork Organizer, collect all fanarts and put in specifics folders, create first fanarts folder, in config addon, set this path for your folder fanart, run addon,

how configure addon, set ON only necessary for you (Movies and TV Shows).

After go into customization and select Movies. Then use the setting "Change Backdrop - Multiple Images" browse to F:\fanarts\movies and select that folder, done F is letter for my use of course.

watch this tutorial video:

OR other option, go into customization and select Movies. Then use the setting Background Image - Use Default Theme (enter), this change for Second Option: Use Collection Fanarts - down arrow and go to
Fanart Collection/Create or Update database, press enter, wait.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - SavellM - 2012-07-19

Ye I did watch.
But I already have all my fanart and extras organised within each folder for each movie.

Is there no way Aeon will work using multiple folders?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-07-19

(2012-07-19, 00:52)SavellM Wrote: Ye I did watch.
But I already have all my fanart and extras organised within each folder for each movie.

Is there no way Aeon will work using multiple folders?

It cannot look in subfolders to grab fanart, also people may have folders that contain artwork which they do not want to use as fanart.

What I do is search my movie folders for *-fanart.jpg then copy these to a seperate folder which I then map as the multiple images folder. I do not use extra fanart for movies but the same principal applies.

One thing to bear in mind is that you can assign fanart folders for each Menu Item so you can really customize the fanart that is displayed if you manaully manage it. For example, I have a submenu for Documentaries, I have copied all my docu fanart to \\fanart\documentary\. I then map that folder to fanart multiple images for that menu item. This is something that you can only do manually but it only takes a few minutes and in my view worth the effort. You could end up with something like this where you can map each folder to a menu item...

\fanart\movies
\fanart\tvshows
\fanart\kids
\fanart\documentary
\fanart\hd movies
\fanart\action movies

Think you get the picture :-)

You could always write a quick batch file to do the job for you as well.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2012-07-19

@SavellM and Chippie, read again my previous post, after the vídeo have info about other option for fanart background in home, only work in eden, but is possible use collections fanarts, but I prefer use only one folder for each item in home (movies, tv shows, concerts, music) with all my fanarts, ember media manager organize it´s too, for me it´s the best option. There are other way, use My Theme with multiple image for each item too.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-07-19

(2012-07-19, 01:47)Wanilton Wrote: @SavellM and Chippie, read again my previous post, after the vídeo have info about other option for fanart background in home, only work in eden, but is possible use collections fanarts, but I prefer use only one folder for each item in home (movies, tv shows, concerts, music) with all my fanarts, ember media manager organize it´s too, for me it´s the best option. There are other way, use My Theme with multiple image for each item too.

I understand and used to do it that way myself but it is completely limited to just movies and TV shows etc.. If you manually manage it you can basically create fanart (folders) for any custom menu item you like for example the Documentaries fanart or in another example, a submenu item I have for my daughter with Barbie movies which just displays fanart from those movies when the menu item is in focus.

Unless I am missing something of course?

Oh, another issue with using the Artwork Organizer is that with large collections like mine it really makes scrolling through the main menu stutter and jolt whereas if you manaully organize/copy your fanart over to specific folders it is as smooth as butter. This obviously depends on the number of .jpg's you copy over of course but again this is something that you cannot set in Artwork Organizer so again another reason to set it all up manaully.

Basically Artwork Organizer is great if you just want fanart for Movies, TV Shows etc... and do not have a huge collection of movies, but if you want custom fanart for specific menu items then you have to do it manually, then you can select the specific folder for your menu items. This is the way I prefer to do it as it give me complete control.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - clayboy - 2012-07-19

Is there any way to get MQ4 to recognize DTS HDMA 7.1 and 6.1 still showing up as either blank or DTS HDMA 5.1