Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-07-19

Dear users:

The next version of the skin is a BETA 1, I'm working day and night to allow the addition of new menus in the main menu, as requested.

I already have a working version, it can add up to 10 menus, including submenus and also the ability to reorder the menus. Anyway, it was better than expected. Smile
My Menu will continue as is, nothing was removed, only added.

Well, unfortunately, as I feared, all this caused a (little)slowdown to get into the main window.

I will not publish this version in SugarSync for now, I'll choose some users more participatory and only send to them in order of evaluation. These users will decide if there will be 1, 5 or 10 menus... or none. Cool

I will decide whom to send, please do not send me PM asking for this version.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-07-19

Sounds great Marcos!

Could you please take a look at post 479 and 488 when you have time.

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-07-19

As soon as possible. Nod

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - TheSwede1970 - 2012-07-19

(2012-07-19, 13:01)MarcosQui Wrote: Dear users:

The next version of the skin is a BETA 1, I'm working day and night to allow the addition of new menus in the main menu, as requested.

I already have a working version, it can add up to 10 menus, including submenus and also the ability to reorder the menus. Anyway, it was better than expected. Smile
My Menu will continue as is, nothing was removed, only added.

Well, unfortunately, as I feared, all this caused a (little)slowdown to get into the main window.

I will not publish this version in SugarSync for now, I'll choose some users more participatory and only send to them in order of evaluation. These users will decide if there will be 1, 5 or 10 menus... or none. Cool

I will decide whom to send, please do not send me PM asking for this version.

A finished HD Movies menu item would rock, been trying to achieve this forever from instructions but never succeded :-(

(2012-07-19, 16:28)TheSwede1970 Wrote: A finished HD Movies menu item would rock, been trying to achieve this forever from instructions but never succeded :-(

What do you mean here? Unless I am missing something this is very easy to do and is not something that will be integrated into the skin by Marcos, unless I misunderstand what you are asking for.

1. Create a playlist based on either the resolution of your movies or on the movie file name (eg. 720p) if you have named them correctly.
2. Add the playlist as a submenu or main menu item.

Job done.

Let me know if you need step by step instrucions. The best way to learn playlists though is to go have a "play" with them.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - oksftw - 2012-07-19

great stuff mate, donated and emailed hope i can play with it soon Laugh

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MatLCFC - 2012-07-19

Couple of suggestions....

Instead of the default background. It would be great if the background changed to the fanart of the TV/movie currently playing as it does when playing music.
Also. It would be great if the TV/Movie clear logo appeared in the description box. In the same way the Artist logo does when playing music.

To illustrate. Instead of...

It would look better IMO if it looked like this (mock up)

Another idea I had is a little more ambitious... but I think would be fantastic. Is it possible for fanart to be downloaded for the show/movie currently being viewed in the PVR/Live TV.

Again to illustrate. Instead of...

It would look like this (mock up)

In otherwords the info from the EPG data would be sent to the TV DB scraper when a channel is selected & you exit the Live TV page.
I'm not sure how possible the second idea is in particular... I think it would be a great!

(2012-07-19, 23:09)MatLCFC Wrote: Couple of suggestions....

Instead of the default background. It would be great if the background changed to the fanart of the TV/movie currently playing as it does when playing music.
Also. It would be great if the TV/Movie clear logo appeared in the description box. In the same way the Artist logo does when playing music.

+1 on this from me! But would like this as a optional feature as I have numerous custom fanart folders for different menu items so would like the choice to either have this feature turned on or view the normal configured fanart.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - CutSickAss - 2012-07-19

A couple of bugs I've found:

1) If I go into the Music section, start a song, and then move back towards the Main Menu, here's what I see:

The library stats are moved too far to the left. This doesn't happen if a song is started from the Main Menu.

2) On the System Info page:

those two marked tags have double colons because the corresponding XBMC strings already contain one colon, and another one is added by MQ4.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2012-07-19

@CutSickAss, first item caused I believe for your screen resolution 1276x718 (info second image), in 1920x1080 is fine here, Marcos need look this, your screen only work with this resolution? Do you try other resolution? I believe 1280 x 720 is fine too.

Item 2 need fix, but it´s easy.

Thanks,

Wanilton

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - clayboy - 2012-07-20

On MQ4 does recently added not work... on Frodo Alpha 3 build... im having issues with it updating on both tv shows and movies... i do have a massive collection though.. can anyone one assist

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-07-20

(2012-07-20, 05:01)clayboy Wrote: On MQ4 does recently added not work... on Frodo Alpha 3 build... im having issues with it updating on both tv shows and movies... i do have a massive collection though.. can anyone one assist

Recently added works fine. Updating works fine on Eden. Assume your issues are Frodo connected as these cannot really be skin connected ut do make sure you have the addons as detailed on the first page of this thread.

If I were you I would stay clear of Frodo until they sort out the artwork caching etc... It is a real pain with large collections.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - TeKo - 2012-07-20

(2012-07-20, 05:01)clayboy Wrote: On MQ4 does recently added not work... on Frodo Alpha 3 build... im having issues with it updating on both tv shows and movies... i do have a massive collection though.. can anyone one assist

I think its a XBMC bug I had the problem with MQ3 too.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - CutSickAss - 2012-07-20

(2012-07-19, 23:58)Wanilton Wrote: @CutSickAss, first item caused I believe for your screen resolution 1276x718 (info second image), in 1920x1080 is fine here, Marcos need look this, your screen only work with this resolution? Do you try other resolution? I believe 1280 x 720 is fine too.

Item 2 need fix, but it´s easy.

Thanks,

Wanilton

I've only tried it on my laptop which has a maximum resolution of 1280x800 (the issue occurs there too), it can't go any higher, but I suppose you could try going lower Big Grin .
I only use 1276x718 in window mode in order to simulate a 16:9 resolution. It's not that important a problem, as I said it only happens when you start a song in Music, and then use Backspace to go to the Main Menu. The bar returns to normal once the song is stopped.

Thanks for going into the trouble of checking it though, I understand you must have your hands full these days!

EDIT: I just realised it's the entire timepanel/library stats bar that moves a bit to the left and then moves back to the right at the end of the song, not just the label.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - curtis-r - 2012-07-20

On beta1. I feel like a total noob with these questions, but can we still not add Main Menu items with custom links (like to a favorite) without using submenus? I want a Main Menu item "Home Movies" that has a discrete path, either from my favorites list or hacking something in guisettings.xml with "XBMC.ActivateWindow(VideoFiles,S:\Photos + Videos\Home Movies\)". I'd also like to have Photos always bring me to a similar path.

And is there still no pan & scan option for Main Menu backgrounds?

Quite a progressive piece of work you've created. Nice out-the-box thinking.