Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2012-07-23

@Me23, for work, animated icons, need extrapack, do you get extrapack via skin script?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-07-23

(2012-07-23, 03:41)Wanilton Wrote: @chippie, well, for me the correct way for organize tv shows is

x:\tvshows
x:\tvshows\nametvshow (clearart and logo.png) in this level.
x:\tvshows\nametvshow\seasons
x:\tvshows\nametvshow\season\episodes

The arts don´t show for you because skin look level nametvshow for arts, and yours files are in episode level.

Wait for answer by MarcosQui, but I think all skin work this way, looking in nametvshow level for clearart and logo.

Wanilton

Nope! That is not what I said.

I do have my logo.png and clearart.png at the nametvshow level for example;

\\Alias\clearart.png
\\Alias\logo.png

or

\\TVShow\Alias\clearart.png
\\TVShow\Alias\logo.png

(The \\TVShow\ part is irrelevant...)

But I also have all my episodes at this level. It has always worked for me. In fact I used to divide all my shows up by season and have a seperate folder for each season but when you have over 14,000 episodes it becomes very difficult to manage so many folders especially as I am always updating them so I moved everything up to the show level folder. Lets face it it does work as it shows the logo and clearart for all the different views etc... correctly. It is only the way the Pause screen is built that has the issue.

There is no wrong or right way to file your TV Shows, some people separate them into subfolders per season, others do not. Personally I perfer to have then all under one folder, it makes things so much easier to manage.

Another thing here is that I just moved all of the episodes for a few shows, that is several seasons of the same show to the SAME subfolder, so they were not even separated into different season folders and it still solved the issue.
(2012-07-23, 03:06)jason28 Wrote:
(2012-07-23, 02:53)chippie Wrote: Rub it in! lol!

Thanks for the info.

Can I ask if you run your sources from SMB shares?

Nope, I have mapped drives that run over windows share to my NAS.

You could try copying a show locally and adding it into XBXC and see if that works.

BTW would you mind testing the smart playlist thing that I have been having issues with to see if you can get it to work correctly?

Hey Jason,

Managed to re-create your issue with ease. Any playlist you create as a TV Show one will not bring up a count or recent items etc... Looking at the test Wanilton carried out, I have a feeling he set the playlist to "episodes" which does work but it just gives you a list of "episodes" and not TV Shows as you require.

There is definately a bug here.

Thinking about it further and according to the error message;

01:18:28 T:2264 DEBUG: CTextureCache::GetImageHash - unable to stat url smb://MAC-XBMC/TVShows4/Alias/../logo.png
01:18:28 T:3132 DEBUG: CTextureCache::GetImageHash - unable to stat url smb://MAC-XBMC/TVShows4/Alias/../clearart.png

When building the pause screen the skin is looking for logo and clearat in the parent folder to where the episodes are. Perhaps that is what you were trying to say. My question is, why is is looking for them there? It does not look for them in the parent folder to the episodes when building the views? If it did then I would never see logos and clearart but I do.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - jason28 - 2012-07-23

(2012-07-23, 04:02)chippie Wrote: Hey Jason,

Managed to re-create your issue with ease. Any playlist you create as a TV Show one will not bring up a count or recent items etc... Looking at the test Wanilton carried out, I have a feeling he set the playlist to "episodes" which does work but it just gives you a list of "episodes" and not TV Shows as you require.

There is definately a bug here.

OK thats good to hear its not just me with the issue. Thanks for checking this out for me.

Wanilton, can you please verify this and hopefully we can get this fixed. This is the only thing that is keeping this skin 100% perfect for me.

Thanks for the help and the great skin.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - TrailFoX - 2012-07-23

i have a solution but thats not nice with 35 different Tv-show´s

this is not working, but i think its the right way, artwork downloader move the logos and clean art there.

this is WORKING! if i put in every season the Clean art and logo it shows up by "Pause"

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - hdmax - 2012-07-23

I have 41,600 TV episodes in 795 shows, and everyone of mine are setup like this (\\THE_MATRIX\All Television\8 Simple Rules\8 Simple Rules Season 01 (2002)\8 Simple Rules - S01 E02 - Wall of Shame.avi ect, ect.)
I started doing this before I had ever heard of video frontends such as XBMC, or Boxee. And I think it works great.
And my movies (More then 6,000) are setup like this ( \\THE_MATRIX\All Movies\The Final Destination 4 (2009)\The Final Destination 4 (2009) .mkv )
Sure it's a job to maintain, but it's not that difficult.
I have seen some put each and every episode in a separate folder, To me that is just crazy!

(2012-07-23, 04:02)chippie Wrote:
(2012-07-23, 03:41)Wanilton Wrote: @chippie, well, for me the correct way for organize tv shows is

x:\tvshows\nametvshow\season\episodes

The arts don´t show for you because skin look level nametvshow for arts, and yours files are in episode level.

Wait for answer by MarcosQui, but I think all skin work this way, looking in nametvshow level for clearart and logo.

Wanilton

Nope! That is not what I said.

I do have my logo.png and clearart.png at the nametvshow level for example;

\\Alias\clearart.png
\\Alias\logo.png

or

\\TVShow\Alias\clearart.png
\\TVShow\Alias\logo.png

(The \\TVShow\ part is irrelevant...)

But I also have all my episodes at this level. It has always worked for me. In fact I used to divide all my shows up by season and have a seperate folder for each season but when you have over 14,000 episodes it becomes very difficult to manage so many folders especially as I am always updating them so I moved everything up to the show level folder. Lets face it it does work as it shows the logo and clearart for all the different views etc... correctly. It is only the way the Pause screen is built that has the issue.

There is no wrong or right way to file your TV Shows, some people separate them into subfolders per season, others do not. Personally I perfer to have then all under one folder, it makes things so much easier to manage.

Another thing here is that I just moved all of the episodes for a few shows, that is several seasons of the same show to the SAME subfolder, so they were not even separated into different season folders and it still solved the issue.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - m0v1em4n - 2012-07-23

(2012-07-23, 03:48)Me23 Wrote: I am still unable to get the animated icons in weather working. Followed your tutorial. Nadda.
Using Windows 7 and Eden.

Me to.

running latest nightly Frodo and latest beta MQ4 in portable mode on Win 7 64.
all the files are there, and I have activated only the animated weather icons, didn't use anything else under the weather i.e change background etc, presume this is OK.

infact for me I am not get any weather icon at all static or animated Sad

thanks for all your help

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - st graveyard - 2012-07-23

x:\tvshows\nametvshow\seasons\episodes

The arts don´t show for you because skin look level nametvshow for arts, and yours files are in episodes level.

Wanilton

This is the standard used in XBMC. This is the way to go and everything works just fine!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MANswers - 2012-07-23

As i mentioned earlier, after i added a new menu, and a playlist to it, i have to tap that menu two times to get the movie list.
First time it shows the info file of the playlist, and second time it takes me to the movie lists.

Screenshots below.

After i hit the Hollywood menu, it show this screen as seen below.

Again after hitting enter again, thats the time when it takes me to the Hollywood movie list.

I was thinking if the second screen can be bypassed without showing the playlist info. Sad

Any help guys, this is my third post in this thread for this same question.

(2012-07-23, 09:41)st graveyard Wrote:

x:\tvshows\nametvshow\seasons\episodes

The arts don´t show for you because skin look level nametvshow for arts, and yours files are in episodes level.

Wanilton

This is the standard used in XBMC. This is the way to go and everything works just fine!

Thanks for your comments guys. This is from the wiki;

Each TV show needs to be in its own folder for XBMC to be able to scan it into the library. The file names for TV shows have to be matched by the regular expressions set in tvshowmatching. It is important to note that the name of the Series is scraped from the series root folder, while individual episodes are populated by scraping the individual filenames to retrieve the season and episode number.

Directory layout example:

TV Shows
|----TV Show 1
| |___ TV Show 1 Media files
|
|----TV Show 2
| |___ TV Show 2 Media files
|
----TV Show 3
|___ TV Show 3 Media files

Where Content is Set on the top level "TV Shows" folder. You can have different seasons in different season subfolders under the individual TV Show folders if it suits you. XBMC does not use them, but they do not cause issues either.

As it says XBMC does not use them.... and this is shown as everything else works fine, all the views display clearart and logos correctly, it is just the Pause screen.

If I have to I will move them all but I have ran like this for years as it is just a pain to move files to different folders after ripping and sorting them. I just find it so much easier to have everything on one folder. As I said I used to keep them in seperate folders but it is so much easier to have everything in one.

@Marcos, please could you take a look to see if you can fix this, it is just the Pause screen that does not pull the Clearart and logos, everythhing else works fine.

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-07-23

(2012-07-23, 09:04)m0v1em4n Wrote:
(2012-07-23, 03:48)Me23 Wrote: I am still unable to get the animated icons in weather working. Followed your tutorial. Nadda.

Me to.

all the files are there, and I have activated only the animated weather icons, didn't use anything else under the weather i.e change background etc, presume this is OK.

thanks for all your help

Weather only works properly if you use an updated version of weather.wunderground, available here:

http://code.google.com/p/ronie/downloads/list

(2012-07-23, 13:15)chippie Wrote: @Marcos, please could you take a look to see if you can fix this, it is just the Pause screen that does not pull the Clearart and logos, everythhing else works fine.

Thanks.

chippie and all other users, easy...relax, this is very simple to solve, it is not necessary to spend the keyboard .. Tongue

(2012-07-23, 13:28)MarcosQui Wrote:
(2012-07-23, 09:04)m0v1em4n Wrote:

Me to.

thanks for all your help

Weather only works properly if you use an updated version of weather.wunderground, available here:

http://code.google.com/p/ronie/downloads/list

(2012-07-23, 13:15)chippie Wrote: @Marcos, please could you take a look to see if you can fix this, it is just the Pause screen that does not pull the Clearart and logos, everythhing else works fine.

Thanks.

chippie and all other users, easy...relax, this is very simple to solve, it is not necessary to spend the keyboard .. Tongue

Thanks!!!

May want to make sure the same thing applies for season fanart just in case! Big Grin

Look a patch in SugarSync folder.

I think that should solve your problem with the logos.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Xorron - 2012-07-23

Thank you for the new update and patch for logo and clearart.
After install and testing, i will report .

Regards Xorron

(2012-07-23, 13:54)chippie Wrote: Thanks!!!

May want to make sure the same thing applies for season fanart just in case! Big Grin

Fanart of season without the folder of the season Huh .. well, a miracle I still can not do. Wink