Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-07-24

(2012-07-23, 21:03)MrPotatoHead Wrote: any chance to add Movie Logos for Low List?

Yes, soon.

(2012-07-23, 22:00)CutSickAss Wrote: OK, a follow-up on a post I made here, regarding the use of Uppercase with non-all-Caps fonts. This causes issues with languages like Greek and others because sometimes inappropriate characters are used, making the text look weird, since lowercase and intonated letters are mixed with capital ones.

Anyway, I don't know if Marcos would be interested in making changes in the code for this minor annoyance, but if anyone else is, here are the beta 1 edited .xml files, where I switched the problematic fonts with all-Caps fonts. I've made a list of these changes and posted it here.

Thanks to MarcosQui and everyone else involved in the creation of the skin for their great work. The skin looks awesome!

I really appreciate your help, I'll explain why I not changed yet:

This error only happens in Eden, I have two installations of XBMC, in Eden the fonts with special characters appear oddly, the same source in Frodo is shown correctly, so this is not skin fault.

(2012-07-23, 23:05)jason28 Wrote: If you are saying that its not a bug then can you consider this a feature request to get this added in there? I really like MQ4 and this is the only thing that is keeping this skin from being 100% perfect for me.
Thanks
Jason

I'll look into this when you have time.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - SavellM - 2012-07-24

Hey Marcos,

3 quick fire questions.

1) I am running Linux OpenELEC so how can I update with the daily update?
2) My weather on OpenELEC has never worked with this skin. Works fine in MQ3 and in MQ4 the first one as in (today) works fine, its just if I use 4 days or 7 days the other days are just showing - (dashes)
I have the updated Weather addon you posted a few post back.
But its been like that since this skin started.
3) Using the extrafan art update, works for a bit then comes up with an error downloading.
If I go into the userdata folder, I can see its downloaded a few files, but it just never completes.

Let me know what you need to diagnose the above?
Will help out any way I can.

(2012-07-23, 23:34)schumi2004 Wrote: I think i found a cosmetic bug

When walking true the menu the info bar switches as expected except when entering SETTINGS it's shorter then normal.

Because de info (current condition and temperature) is already being shown in the top menu. Nothing wrong here.

(2012-07-24, 00:16)SavellM Wrote: Hey Marcos,

3 quick fire questions.

1) I am running Linux OpenELEC so how can I update with the daily update?
2) My weather on OpenELEC has never worked with this skin. Works fine in MQ3 and in MQ4 the first one as in (today) works fine, its just if I use 4 days or 7 days the other days are just showing - (dashes)
I have the updated Weather addon you posted a few post back.
But its been like that since this skin started.
3) Using the extrafan art update, works for a bit then comes up with an error downloading.
If I go into the userdata folder, I can see its downloaded a few files, but it just never completes.

Let me know what you need to diagnose the above?
Will help out any way I can.

1. Good question. I'll think in something.
2. Well, there's nothing wrong with the skin, then you should find out whether anyone else is in the same condition as you.
3. Again, then you should find out whether anyone else is in the same condition as you. If the answer is yes, I'll have to create a package in zip format for you to download.

2 and 3 have been reported a few times within this thread.

Its not a massive issue, as I download the extrafan art from Wanilton's post.
As I say, I can see its downloaded a few mb's worth of data, and then it dies.

I really dont mind about no3 I can survive.

I dont mind about weather either, but that would be nice Smile

Also in regards to diagnosing, I am running Frodo, and have done a complete fresh rebuild a few times.
And the result is always the same in terms of Weather and Updating Extrafan Art

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - m0v1em4n - 2012-07-24

(2012-07-23, 13:28)MarcosQui Wrote:
(2012-07-23, 09:04)m0v1em4n Wrote:
(2012-07-23, 03:48)Me23 Wrote: I am still unable to get the animated icons in weather working. Followed your tutorial. Nadda.
Using Windows 7 and Eden.

Me to.

running latest nightly Frodo and latest beta MQ4 in portable mode on Win 7 64.
all the files are there, and I have activated only the animated weather icons, didn't use anything else under the weather i.e change background etc, presume this is OK.

infact for me I am not get any weather icon at all static or animated Sad

thanks for all your help

Weather only works properly if you use an updated version of weather.wunderground, available here:

http://code.google.com/p/ronie/downloads/list

Thanks Marcos

that did the trick Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Me23 - 2012-07-24

(2012-07-24, 00:47)m0v1em4n Wrote:
(2012-07-23, 13:28)MarcosQui Wrote:
(2012-07-23, 09:04)m0v1em4n Wrote: Me to.

running latest nightly Frodo and latest beta MQ4 in portable mode on Win 7 64.
all the files are there, and I have activated only the animated weather icons, didn't use anything else under the weather i.e change background etc, presume this is OK.

infact for me I am not get any weather icon at all static or animated Sad

thanks for all your help

Weather only works properly if you use an updated version of weather.wunderground, available here:

http://code.google.com/p/ronie/downloads/list

Thanks Marcos

that did the trick Big Grin

Yep that did it, thanks Marcos.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - clayboy - 2012-07-24

Is there a way to seperate my anime from my tv shows in MQ4.. i know someone has probably asked this already.. but im kinda lost.... if someone can help?

(2012-07-24, 04:53)clayboy Wrote: Is there a way to seperate my anime from my tv shows in MQ4.. i know someone has probably asked this already.. but im kinda lost.... if someone can help?

I would also like to know how to setup Anime properly.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Ghostdivision - 2012-07-24

Im still unsure if i can add entries into the main menu with the new beta? I see an option asking me where i want to add a favorite, and i select main menu, but it does not show up?

Maybe im doing something wrong or misunderstand. It says it was added correctly to the main menu. But i dont see it.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Idgeinc - 2012-07-24

(2012-07-24, 11:39)Ghostdivision Wrote: Im still unsure if i can add entries into the main menu with the new beta? I see an option asking me where i want to add a favorite, and i select main menu, but it does not show up?

Maybe im doing something wrong or misunderstand. It says it was added correctly to the main menu. But i dont see it.

I had the same problem, go and reset the menu items in settings, that fixed it for me.

Thanks for the info, just to be clear when you say reset the menu items in settings, im just not quite sure what your referring to? Reset the entire skin?

Also just to be clear im trying to add a favorite item directly to the main menu, not sub menu. That item is a web browser launcher i created with advanced launcher. It was pretty simple in aeon mq3, but im still struggling to add it the main menu and not the sub menu.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Idgeinc - 2012-07-24

When your doing a custom menu and want to leave the customization interface, you always choose "exit", there's another option called settings or options (Sorry I have mine set to swedish so my translation might be a bit off).

Anyways, under options/settings you should have "Remove all positions / create a new menu"; Thats the one Smile Now all your menu items will be removed, but you just add em back and your custom main-menu items should be visible aswell. That atleast did it for me.

Ah yes that appears to work, slightly confusing but it did the trick.