Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - m0v1em4n - 2012-08-03

Hi Marcos,

just install the beta 3 and now getting Randomitems.py script failing.

was getting it before but only when I tried to select, but now getting it every time I go back to the home screen

running Frodo nightly windows build

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - sidewalksuper - 2012-08-04

@m0v1em4n
I just did a fresh install of Frodo Alpha 3 with all the add-ons, Extrapack and Beta 3 and don't have that problem.
Might be something else

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - clayboy - 2012-08-04

Anyone Getting a black screen on install of the add on zip

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - m0v1em4n - 2012-08-04

(2012-08-04, 00:14)sidewalksuper Wrote: @m0v1em4n
I just did a fresh install of Frodo Alpha 3 with all the add-ons, Extrapack and Beta 3 and don't have that problem.
Might be something else

Thanks I am using a nightly build , will try install alpha 3, perhaps something is broken

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Martijn - 2012-08-04

(2012-08-03, 23:36)m0v1em4n Wrote: Hi Marcos,

was getting it before but only when I tried to select, but now getting it every time I go back to the home screen

That's because you have an empty library for one source type.
See skin dev forum for an update of the script

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Simzer0 - 2012-08-04

Marcos, your skin is all time much better,
the new poster view is very nice, i change showcase at last.
But now i can't change the icon of actors, in alpha i try it and work fine, is only my problem?

Thx for your work.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - clubwerks - 2012-08-04

I have a question, but I'm not sure if it's skin related, but last time I asked, somebody said "go ask the skin designer." Big Grin

I use the showart view for my TV Shows. How do I get a clearart.png or logo.png to update to a newer version? One show I made a clearart manually using PS. I missed one spot in the transparency which I noticed after I loaded it into the shows folder. I fixed it, but the old version still shows up. Another show (2 broke girls) automatically loaded a kind of blah logo. I updated it to another one, same thing. The old version still shows up in my showart view. Thanks!
Fantastic skin by the way. I'm really liking it a lot!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - m0v1em4n - 2012-08-04

(2012-08-04, 01:28)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-08-03, 23:36)m0v1em4n Wrote: Hi Marcos,

That's because you have an empty library for one source type.
See skin dev forum for an update of the script

Thanks

found your post and will try that

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=79378&pid=1161813#pid1161813

That did the trick thanks

(2012-08-04, 01:19)clayboy Wrote: Anyone Getting a black screen on install of the add on zip

Are you talking about for installing the latest MQ4 update? If so, yes, my screen blacked out for about 15 seconds. For normal add on zips, no, never blacks out.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-08-04

(2012-08-04, 01:46)clubwerks Wrote: I have a question, but I'm not sure if it's skin related, but last time I asked, somebody said "go ask the skin designer." Big Grin

I use the showart view for my TV Shows. How do I get a clearart.png or logo.png to update to a newer version? One show I made a clearart manually using PS. I missed one spot in the transparency which I noticed after I loaded it into the shows folder. I fixed it, but the old version still shows up. Another show (2 broke girls) automatically loaded a kind of blah logo. I updated it to another one, same thing. The old version still shows up in my showart view. Thanks!

Exit XBMC, find and rename or delete the textures.xml file then go back in to XBMC.

(2012-08-04, 02:51)chippie Wrote:
(2012-08-04, 01:46)clubwerks Wrote: I have a question, but I'm not sure if it's skin related, but last time I asked, somebody said "go ask the skin designer." Big Grin

Exit XBMC, find and rename or delete the textures.xml file then go back in to XBMC.
Any idea where? I did a search of my entire computer and nothing turns up. I did a search on the XBMC folder and I get textures6.db and textures.db, but no xml.

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - SomeoneCares - 2012-08-04

wonderful work and an excellent skin Smile I just have one question, I have my movies setup with extra fanart, and I have another video source which basically connects to my dreambox device using tuxbox native client and allow me to watch live tv, now .. when It seems that I can set the extra fanart only globally which means it affects also the video source for dreambox and it makes the browsing the folder very slow .. is there a way to disable this only on one video source ?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-08-04

(2012-08-03, 22:03)hdmax Wrote:    I hae about 450 Blu-Ray movies in my collection, and NOT one has anything in the name to indicate the quality, yet they all (Or at least most!) show up with covers, as well as 720P, anf the bluray disc icons. It mostl likely depends on the decoding used in the file.

(2012-08-03, 01:45)TeKo Wrote: Where can I find the naming conventions for this? just name.bluray.mkv?

This is strange, have you been exporting and imporing your library? As far as I am aware it should not pick up the covers based on content/encoding as you can have anything encoded as 1080p or 720p. For Example how can you differentiate between a BluRay and HDTV rip of which both may be 1080p? Perhpas there is code left which assigns a BluRay cover based on the resolution but based on what I said do you really want this?

I would still recommend naming your files correctly. For one you will know XBMC and all skins will assign the correct covers and tags and secondly it is much easier to keep track and search your library outside of XMBC.

EDIT: Actually the 720p or 1080p tag is fine as this is based on the resolution of the content but the cover really needs to be controlled by us and this is where the naming comes in.

From doing a little investigation, it looks like textures6.db is what I want to delete, but I'm not deleting anything until I get the OK. Big Grin
(2012-08-04, 03:00)chippie Wrote:
(2012-08-03, 22:03)hdmax Wrote:    I hae about 450 Blu-Ray movies in my collection, and NOT one has anything in the name to indicate the quality, yet they all (Or at least most!) show up with covers, as well as 720P, anf the bluray disc icons. It mostl likely depends on the decoding used in the file.

(2012-08-03, 01:45)TeKo Wrote: Where can I find the naming conventions for this? just name.bluray.mkv?

This is strange, have you been exporting and imporing your library? As far as I am aware it should not pick up the covers based on content/encoding as you can have anything encoded as 1080p or 720p. For Example how can you differentiate between a BluRay and HDTV rip of which both may be 1080p? Perhpas there is code left which assigns a BluRay cover based on the resolution but based on what I said do you really want this?

I would still recommend naming your files correctly. For one you will know XBMC and all skins will assign the correct covers and tags and secondly it is much easier to keep track and search your library outside of XMBC.

For me, the covers don't work right unless I have "BluRay" or "DVD" in the file name. If I don't have any source in the file name, it's about 75% chance it's wrong. Luckily, I name all my movies (well most all of them) with their source, res and audio in the file name.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - CutSickAss - 2012-08-04

(2012-08-04, 03:01)clubwerks Wrote: From doing a little investigation, it looks like textures6.db is what I want to delete, but I'm not deleting anything until I get the OK. Big Grin

That's the file, the "textures.xml" was probably a typo. And you don't have to delete it permanently, just rename it to "textures6.bak" or something, and start XBMC. You'll see that a new "textures6.db" will be created. If everything doesn't work out the way you intended, just replace the new file with the original.