Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Idgeinc - 2012-08-13

(2012-08-13, 11:47)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-08-13, 11:43)Idgeinc Wrote: Semi-related question regarding the MQ4 skin.
Is anyone using a Asus Nvidia Geforce GT210 1GB DDR3 and MQ4 without any performance issues,
I'm thinking about buying one but would like to know that it can handle the MQ4 skin without any framdrops.

Videocard is not important for skins. CPU is important

Thanks for enlightening me on that then Smile
Then my counterquestion would be, would this specification be sufficient to run MQ4 without any framdrops.

- Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3,16GHz
- 4 x 2GB 1066 DDR RAM
- Asus Nvidia Geforce GT210 1GB DDR3
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64 with XBMC Eden Shell

[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - jaochoo - 2012-08-13

(2012-08-13, 01:59)chippie Wrote:
(2012-08-12, 07:38)jaochoo Wrote: I've created a separate thread for my request (if that was wrong and request should be placed here then please merge it into this thread).
[Request] Language Flags to display language of audio and subs

Firstly, most Aeon skins show the Audio language flag already and have done for a long time. Take a look at when the other threads were started. The only new addition would be to show multiple flags for multiple languages and I cannot see how you could make the space for even 2 Language flags on the screen that is why it only displays the main audio language flag.

MQ3 and MQ4 support the Audio Language flag on every View as far as I can remember, just make sure it is turned on or you will see the Aspect flag
Well, then that's great and I have to
apologize for not realizing that in the first place (I admit I am still new to
XBMC and just building my HTPC so I only played with Aeon a bit). As for the subs, I think can live with not being supported since one can easily download subs for major languages from within XBMC directly. Thus, friends and family can always see what the audio is in and know that they can die load subs if needed. Of course, displaying audio flags and sub flags would he nice to have.

Related question: how is the audio flag determined? Is it based on a tag in the file name like ".EN."?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Martijn - 2012-08-13

(2012-08-13, 12:10)Idgeinc Wrote:
(2012-08-13, 11:47)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-08-13, 11:43)Idgeinc Wrote: Semi-related question regarding the MQ4 skin.
Is anyone using a Asus Nvidia Geforce GT210 1GB DDR3 and MQ4 without any performance issues,
I'm thinking about buying one but would like to know that it can handle the MQ4 skin without any framdrops.

Videocard is not important for skins. CPU is important

Thanks for enlightening me on that then Smile
Then my counterquestion would be, would this specification be sufficient to run MQ4 without any framdrops.

- Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3,16GHz
- 4 x 2GB 1066 DDR RAM
- Asus Nvidia Geforce GT210 1GB DDR3
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64 with XBMC Eden Shell
I have a E8400 and that runs Aeon Nox just fine so Aeon MQ4 should be similar

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-08-13

(2012-08-13, 12:27)jaochoo Wrote:
(2012-08-13, 01:59)chippie Wrote:
(2012-08-12, 07:38)jaochoo Wrote: I've created a separate thread for my request (if that was wrong and request should be placed here then please merge it into this thread).
[Request] Language Flags to display language of audio and subs

Firstly, most Aeon skins show the Audio language flag already and have done for a long time. Take a look at when the other threads were started. The only new addition would be to show multiple flags for multiple languages and I cannot see how you could make the space for even 2 Language flags on the screen that is why it only displays the main audio language flag.

MQ3 and MQ4 support the Audio Language flag on every View as far as I can remember, just make sure it is turned on or you will see the Aspect flag
Well, then that's great and I have to
apologize for not realizing that in the first place (I admit I am still new to
XBMC and just building my HTPC so I only played with Aeon a bit). As for the subs, I think can live with not being supported since one can easily download subs for major languages from within XBMC directly. Thus, friends and family can always see what the audio is in and know that they can die load subs if needed. Of course, displaying audio flags and sub flags would he nice to have.

Related question: how is the audio flag determined? Is it based on a tag in the file name like ".EN."?

LOL! No need to apologise!!!

I personally have a batch program that converts everything I have to .mkv and I then set the appropriate tags in the .mkv file. You can do this without remuxing, a great program I found with a GUI is JMkvpropedit but you do need mkvmerge installed on your PC for it to run properly. This program will allow you to change the tags in the file to whatever you want which XBMC will pick up. However I do beleive that XBMC/MQ4 should pick up the language code in the file name (not positive though) but I am not sure if it used the 3 or 2 character country/language code, am sure someone will chip in here or you could just try by renaming a movie and updating the library.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-08-13

Aeon MQ 4 - pre RC 1 - Current Changelog:

Added: Actor Metadata script - Full support, new layout.
Added: Main Menu/Menu Bar - Option do show Glass Effect, access by bottom menu/styles.
Added: Video FullScreen/TVshows - Info for Premiered, Season and Episode.
Added: RCB - Number of items/page counter.
Fixed: Missing Fanart for Random Lists and In Progress Lists in some conditions.
Fixed: ArtistSlideShow - Doesnt show biography and artist image if start music in Home Window.
Fixed: View Wall - Wrong labels for Music Info.
Fixed: RCB - Top Menu - Layout details.
Fixed: Music Files - Missing fanart.
Fixed: Music Files - Cannot change any background image.
Fixed: Music Library - Skin freeze for several seconds during navigation.
Fixed: View Banner - Laytout details.
Fixed: View List - Laytout details.
Changed: View Poster - Fanart is a less dark.
Changed: View Landscape - back for seasons.
Changed: Main Menu - Addons/Loading mode, to make navigation smoother.
Changed: Main Menu - New system of navigation between new widgets and top menu, to make navigation more quickly.

and on oficial RC 1, a great new. Wait ... Cool

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Tobby - 2012-08-13

(2012-08-13, 16:24)MarcosQui Wrote: Aeon MQ 4 - pre RC 1 - Current Changelog:

Added: Actor Metadata script - Full support, new layout.
Added: Main Menu/Menu Bar - Option do show Glass Effect, access by bottom menu/styles.
Added: Video FullScreen/TVshows - Info for Premiered, Season and Episode.
Fixed: Missing Fanart for Random Lists and In Progress Lists in some conditions.
Fixed: ArtistSlideShow - Doesnt show biography and artist image if start music in Home Window.
Fixed: View Wall - Wrong labels for Music Info.
Fixed: RCB - Top Menu - Layout details.
Fixed: Music Files - Missing fanart.
Fixed: Music Files - Cannot change any background image.
Fixed: Music Library - Skin freeze for several seconds during navigation.
Fixed: View Banner - Laytout details.
Fixed: View List - Laytout details.
Changed: View Poster - Fanart is a less dark.
Changed: View Landscape - back for seasons.
Changed: Main Menu - Addons/Loading mode, to make navigation smoother.
Changed: Main Menu - New system of navigation between new widgets and top menu, to make navigation more quickly.

Damn you for teasing Tongue

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Stop - 2012-08-13

Tested on ATV 2?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - st graveyard - 2012-08-13

(2012-08-13, 16:24)MarcosQui Wrote: Aeon MQ 4 - pre RC 1 - Current Changelog:

Can't wait to test it, and thanks for the RCB changes!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - knewknow - 2012-08-14

Hi Marcos,

Will MQ4 have an option to flag unwatched with an icon? (checkmark, star etc..) instead of the usual opposite way of marking watched with a flag? I have always overlooked MQx because this was missing (and I didn't have an HTPC powerful enough to run it well).

Thanks,
kk

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - TeKo - 2012-08-14

(2012-08-14, 00:35)knewknow Wrote: Hi Marcos,

Will MQ4 have an option to flag unwatched with an icon? (checkmark, star etc..) instead of the usual opposite way of marking watched with a flag? I have always overlooked MQx because this was missing (and I didn't have an HTPC powerful enough to run it well).

Thanks,
kk

At first I liked this about Nox but now I just use "hide watched" for shows and recently added widget for movies and imo it works way better this way.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - a51alias - 2012-08-14

just donated and sent email as requested, looking forward to checking out this awesome skin...and maybe I will become a Nox to MQ convert!!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-08-14

Thanks,
kk

I appreciate that everyone has their preference but how is this any different to having your watched items flagged. Anything without a "watched" flag has not been watched!

What benefit do you get from using an unwached flag? This is a genuine question!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - knewknow - 2012-08-14

(2012-08-14, 02:10)chippie Wrote:

Thanks,
kk

I appreciate that everyone has their preference but how is this any different to having your watched items flagged. Anything without a "watched" flag has not been watched!

What benefit do you get from using an unwached flag? This is a genuine question!

It's just one of those things that you get used to. It's the same as if everything was reversed. Everyone and their dog would be up in arms that it's backwards. When I originally began using xbmc with confluence etc. I was using the watched flag and was fine with it. After going to the re-focus skin that would flag the show with a "star" whenever new episodes showed up (from sickbeard), I now have a difficult time using it the other way. It just makes more sense, and I'm always curious why this option isn't available in most skins.

Anyway... this unfortunately is a deal breaker for me. Although Nox has this option, I find that that skin is much slower/bloated than it used to be. I'm excited for MQ4 as it's such a pro skin, has every feature imaginable, and runs very well on my setup. I'll see what it's like when the final is released, and will mod the flag if I can.

Thanks to all the devs/testers. XBMC skinning keeps getting better Smile.

kk

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-08-14

(2012-08-14, 04:24)knewknow Wrote:
(2012-08-14, 02:10)chippie Wrote:

Thanks,
kk

It's just one of those things that you get used to. It's the same as if everything was reversed. Everyone and their dog would be up in arms that it's backwards. When I originally began using xbmc with confluence etc. I was using the watched flag and was fine with it. After going to the re-focus skin that would flag the show with a "star" whenever new episodes showed up (from sickbeard), I now have a difficult time using it the other way. It just makes more sense, and I'm always curious why this option isn't available in most skins.

Anyway... this unfortunately is a deal breaker for me. Although Nox has this option, I find that that skin is much slower/bloated than it used to be. I'm excited for MQ4 as it's such a pro skin, has every feature imaginable, and runs very well on my setup. I'll see what it's like when the final is released, and will mod the flag if I can.

Thanks to all the devs/testers. XBMC skinning keeps getting better Smile.

kk

Ah ok, I see how having a newly added episode being flagged is a good thing, this makes sense to me but as I have a huge library I would not want all my unwatched items flagged but the recently added does appeal to me even though I just use the recently added widgets or playlist.

I actually find that MQ4 runs just as smooth as Nox if not smoother but then I guess it comes down to the hardware as well.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - jakethemuss - 2012-08-14

Donated last night and had the skin downloaded & installed within a hour. Looks great, i have been playing with it ever since. As usual sterling work! Nod