Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - crimsonfury - 2012-08-14

So is the final release going to be snappier than MQ3? I really liked MQ3 and miss some of the stuff when I switched to Aeon Nox3... But MQ3 was a little more bloated and a tad bit sluggish than Nox.

Also I am torn with what I see. I like a lot of the views that Nox has implemented now but I like a lot of the promised features you have with MQ4! Ahhhh! I wish I could have the best of both skins!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - kiwiuser - 2012-08-14

Well done Marcos
Great skin. Don't be pressured into releasing a half finished project. Now the Games have finished may be able to get back to watching movies on XBMC.

Cheers from Down Under

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-08-15

(2012-08-14, 22:17)crimsonfury Wrote: So is the final release going to be snappier than MQ3?

According to the reports, yes, MQ 4 is faster than the MQ 3.

The MQ 4 has a code based in variables, virtually all the skin was written that way, and it brings a great benefit; also note that the MQ 3 had no information to playlists, no random items, not had the option of Rearranging the Menu, no had submenu intelligent, no had mediacases custom, etc... and etc..., so on ... so now we get all this.... and yet the skin was lighter, is to celebrate. Rofl

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2012-08-15

Rc 1 coming today.... Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-08-15

(2012-08-14, 15:10)jakethemuss Wrote: I have said it before and ill say it again, great work! love finding the little tweaks along side the big changes i keep finding in this skin.

apologies if i am missing something obvious here but i am playing around with the new "my menu" and "sub menu" features and i cant seem to get it to do what i want.

I want to have MOVIES, TV SHOWS, (which i do) and STAND UP, FITNESS, MMA, SPORT, etc in separate menus. I have achieved these before in mq3 and 2 with some fiddling. Is the best way to still create say "STAND UP" vplaylist or a favorite? and then link those a newly created "STAND UP" menu?

Sorry if this is a silly question.

Thanks for your time Nod

The best way is to create playlists for your seperate items then just add them as Main Menu Items. However if you are planning on adding lots of playlists to the Main Menu or as sub-menu items what I would do is create a favourite for anything that that you can, for example if you have all of your FITNESS under one source you can just add that source as a favourite. The reason I say this is becuse you are limited to 10 playlists and 10 favourites so if you need to add lots of them you may have to spread out custom items between playlists and favourites.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - e2zippo - 2012-08-15

(2012-08-13, 19:41)st graveyard Wrote:
(2012-08-13, 16:24)MarcosQui Wrote: Aeon MQ 4 - pre RC 1 - Current Changelog:

Added: RCB - Number of items/page counter.

and on oficial RC 1, a great new. Wait ... Cool

Can't wait to test it, and thanks for the RCB changes!

Agreed, thanks a lot Marqos for RCB changes and everything else, I love it!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - tzortst - 2012-08-15

What happened to banner view? I can't seem to find it anywhere

(2012-08-15, 13:39)tzortst Wrote: What happened to banner view? I can't seem to find it anywhere

The banner views are there. Are you sure you have enabled them?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - schumi2004 - 2012-08-15

Anyone else having issues with wunderground plugin?
Keeps giving me errors here.

(2012-08-15, 14:37)schumi2004 Wrote: Anyone else having issues with wunderground plugin?

Think we need a little more information. What errors do you get? Do you get the same errors with a different skin?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - schumi2004 - 2012-08-15

(2012-08-15, 14:44)chippie Wrote:
(2012-08-15, 14:37)schumi2004 Wrote: Anyone else having issues with wunderground plugin?

Think we need a little more information. What errors do you get? Do you get the same errors with a different skin?

Havent tested it with other skins (why switch when you have MQ4 Wink )
I'll try to fetch a log since it's a random error, maybe wunderground related only.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Dark_Wizard - 2012-08-15

Couple of quick questions. Is the "Cinema Experience" addon supported yet? If coming from NOX 3.5, is there anything I need to do as far as removing addons etc...? Going to donate very shortly....

Thanks for everyones hard work on this! Looks incredible...

(2012-08-15, 14:45)schumi2004 Wrote:
(2012-08-15, 14:44)chippie Wrote:

Havent tested it with other skins (why switch when you have MQ4 Wink )
I'll try to fetch a log since it's a random error, maybe wunderground related only.

Well the reason being is that you have posted this in the MQ4 thread. The issue is probably connected to the plugin but if not you need to determine if it is connected to the skin! Do you not have Confluence installed?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Tobby - 2012-08-15

(2012-08-15, 07:45)Skank Wrote: Rc 1 coming today.... Wink
Hell yeah it is Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Omegatron - 2012-08-15

(2012-08-05, 03:02)Ajedi Wrote: Hi marcos, with every new release this skin keeps gettng better, great stuff!!

Though i have a few things i want to talk about (again), sorry Tongue

Its nice to see the trailer information in panel view. but is it possible to use the thumbnail on you have available on this picture:

So when u pause the trailer, or it needs to buffer you dont see this:

But this instead (i photoshopped the thumbnail from panelview to the place where the picture can be in pause/buffer mode, since i think you made it so to fit a thumbnail/picture there):

this way it looks more complete and, nicer imo.

next one, yes yes the weather icon again. When you look in main menubar you see: date | time | weather | temperature

but when you are in movie menu you see in top right corner the same layout but with the weather icon:, date | time | weather | temperature | weathericon

You can probably guess my question, could you please make the main menubar layout like this aswell? This is ofcourse only when top menu is disabled in main menu (i dont want people who use top menu to get 2 weather icons in the home menu).

Also, in your list of fixes you pointed a repair in The trailers addon. But for im still getting the error script failed: addon.py everytime i move upon a thumbnail for the first time after i run the addon and after i watched a trailer aswell. Any idea whats causing this or maybe how i can solve this myself?

Ow one more thing, probably wishfull thinking since maybe there is no room but is there a possibility to squeeze in the movie logo in multiplex with extra thumbnails view?

thanks!

Hi Marcos, since RC1 is comming soon and i never had a response on my last post i wonder if you could give me some feedback on this, thanks.