Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2012-07-01

@Ajedi, in furniture and customizers, you configure all situations mentioned in your post. You have many options to attend your needs..

Personally, I see that there was a big change in how to customize the features of the skin, it is normal that many questions to appear, as far as possible, let's clarify.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Omegatron - 2012-07-01

(2012-07-01, 21:00)Wanilton Wrote: @Ajedi, in furniture and customizers, you configure all situations mentioned in your post. You have many options to attend your needs..

Personally, I see that there was a big change in how to customize the features of the skin, it is normal that many questions to appear, as far as possible, let's clarify.

thanx for resonding, im sure it must be able to do it since it was possible to do it in MQ3 but after 2,5 hours i still havent figured it out.

If i disable the top menu, i dont like it because i dont need the recently added stuff *since i know what i added) i also lose the weather icon. and i cant move the weather info to the menu panel. In MQ3 the time and date was in 1 bar with weather.

Also if you could explain how to create a video addon in the menu bar and not in the sub-menu it would be much appriciated.

@Ajedi is not possible create any new item in main menu, only in submenus or in My Menu (using top menu), there are no plans for change this. Weather Icon, Date and Time, is more easy to solve, but MarcosQui, is more qualified to answer it for you. Remember with My Menu, you can add favourites, vídeo, music and program add-ons, video and music playlist.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - SavellM - 2012-07-01

I really dont like the menu panel when you pause and going to change things.

The bottom right thing.
Just looks odd and not flud or part of the skin.
Also when you are skipping movies not holding down the button but just pressing it continually... the popup for letters as to where you are show up a little too quick.
So you be A flash up for like a split second before moving to the next.
If you slow it for like a second it wont popup.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - micheel - 2012-07-01

(2012-07-01, 21:42)SavellM Wrote: I really dont like the menu panel when you pause and going to change things.

The bottom right thing.
Just looks odd and not flud or part of the skin.

i agree with that , but everything else works realy smooth here.
Nice work !

Also I have found running Frodo, when you exit movies (to go back to the main menu) it sometimes (quite often maybe 80%) locks up for about 30seconds.
Im not 100% sure if its the skin, but I dont recall it doing it with Confluence.
But I have to say, its a great skin and I really think you have outdone yourself!
Keep it up mate, we as a community really appreciate your hard work.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - dreamkp - 2012-07-01

(2012-07-01, 20:24)Japaja Wrote: Gave this thread a rating of one star since it has a false "release" title and is not in spirit of xbmc.

mimimimi
i want to have it all, i don't want to wait, i don't want to honor other people free work

you don't have the spirit of a xbmc user

cheers,
maikl

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Omegatron - 2012-07-01

(2012-07-01, 21:39)Wanilton Wrote: @Ajedi is not possible create any new item in main menu, only in submenus or in My Menu (using top menu), there are no plans for change this. Weather Icon, Date and Time, is more easy to solve, but MarcosQui, is more qualified to answer it for you. Remember with My Menu, you can add favourites, vídeo, music and program add-ons, video and music playlist.

thats too bad. For me the main menu and "My Menu" looks like a windows explorer mode (i compare the submenu like folders in explorer). I never used submenu's in MQ3, though MQ4 somewhat forces you to use them. personally i like my xbmc as clean as possible (and easy accessible). For this reason im not a fan of the top menu (too much info i dont want) and as far as i can tell its not possible to move the weather information from top menu to mainmenu like time/date.

Im not trying to bash MQ4 at all, please dont get me wrong u cant satisfy everybody. But I really hope you guys gonna add the feature to create an addon link in main menu like in MQ3.

Because of this im sticking to MQ3. But please take my suggestions in consideration Nod

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-07-01

(2012-07-01, 21:45)SavellM Wrote: Also I have found running Frodo, when you exit movies (to go back to the main menu) it sometimes (quite often maybe 80%) locks up for about 30seconds.
Im not 100% sure if its the skin, but I dont recall it doing it with Confluence.
But I have to say, its a great skin and I really think you have outdone yourself!

Always the same problem = guisettings swollen.

Delete the guisettings.xml and everything is solved, remember that you will lose all configurations.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Livin - 2012-07-01

B
(2012-07-01, 21:39)Wanilton Wrote: @Ajedi is not possible create any new item in main menu, only in submenus or in My Menu (using top menu), there are no plans for change this. Weather Icon, Date and Time, is more easy to solve, but MarcosQui, is more qualified to answer it for you. Remember with My Menu, you can add favourites, vídeo, music and program add-ons, video and music playlist.

MQ
If this is true then it is a huge step backward... and makes MQ4 totally unusable for me. I have several custom main menu items in MQ3 for kids, etc. This is necessary as it is 100% obvious and intuitive
for guest, friends, family, kids, etc.. sub menus are in no was obvious or intuitive.

Please let us know if you will add this, or not. If not I will stay with MQ3 and just stop following MQ4 completely

Thx

(2012-07-01, 22:06)MarcosQui Wrote:
(2012-07-01, 21:45)SavellM Wrote: Also I have found running Frodo, when you exit movies (to go back to the main menu) it sometimes (quite often maybe 80%) locks up for about 30seconds.

Always the same problem = guisettings swollen.

Delete the guisettings.xml and everything is solved, remember that you will lose all configurations.

Thanks Marcos!
I'll definitely try this when I'm home.

Where can I find the guisettings to delete it?
And once I delete guisettings will it be automatically re-created?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-07-01

(2012-07-01, 22:38)Livin Wrote: B

MQ
If this is true then it is a huge step backward... and makes MQ4 totally unusable for me. I have several custom main menu items in MQ3 for kids, etc. This is necessary as it is 100% obvious and intuitive
for guest, friends, family, kids, etc.. sub menus are in no was obvious or intuitive.

Please let us know if you will add this, or not. If not I will stay with MQ3 and just stop following MQ4 completely

Thx

No, the step was ahead, please read the first post carefully:

"MY MENU

Dozens of menus everywhere? That’s not the case anymore. Join all your playlists and Emulators in just one list. Create just one single list for your kids with simplified access."

You can create a menu mixed with all what you need in one place, everything with infos, the items can be renamed have pictures custom, latest, random, in progress, everything is better, need just to get used to the new concept.

@Livin, all custom go to MY Menu, simply and fine.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - newoski - 2012-07-01

Marcos,

I would agree with SavellM...

MQ4 looks incredible -- and the new My Menu feature looks useful for those seeking very complex menus -- but removing the ability to add Add Ons / Favorites to the Main Menu limits this Skin in my opinion.

I don't have a lot of Emulators etc.

I simply need to add ONE Favorite to the Main Menu.

Is that no longer possible?

Would it be easy for you to add the ability to use EITHER My Menu or simply add a Favorite to the Main Menu?

Happy to donate a bit more if it would help bring this to life.

I think it's a very useful feature...

Thanks,

Owen

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - kiwiuser - 2012-07-01

Congratulations to MQ and the team. I have only had about an hour reviewing Aeon MQ 4 and have yet to find anything I don't like about this skin or anything that does not work. Keep up the good work.
http://forum.xbmc.org/images/smilies/grin.png
From down under.