Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Me23 - 2012-08-19

(2012-08-19, 14:16)AndersT Wrote: Isnt there any link to download it or have i just missed it? Using MQ3 but would like to try the new one Wink

Right now, it's only available to donators or vips.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - SavellM - 2012-08-19

Ok so an issue running OpenELEC, and MQ4 with CDArt Manager.

When im in music, you press up (with Harmony Remote, no keyboard) to the top menu, select CDArt Manager from far right.
Then it loads the CDArt Manager interface which is awesome.
But I am unable to use my remote to navigate.
And there are sounds when I move almost like its still controlling the music behind.

So I am unable to exit or anything, unless I press menu.
Is this a skin issue as I dont use a keyboard?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-08-19

(2012-08-18, 22:12)0mikeyj0 Wrote:
(2012-08-17, 01:13)0mikeyj0 Wrote: @Wanilton

I'm not seeing the option you're describing but I DO see a blank menu entry at the top. Should it be there?

No sure about the clock position/highlighting issue. It doesn't trouble me, I just thought it didn't look right.

Thx!

Nothing would solve this problem for me...even uninstalling and reinstalling the skin. I finally had to reset the skin and restart XBMC. This fixed it. I hate doing that because setting the skin up again SUCKS! IS there a way to backup ONLY the configuration of the skin (Views, Furniture Placement, Enabled/Disabled submenus, etc) and then reapply it after a Reset?

This can be a pain but the skin has over it releases had improvements which have require a reset anyway. Once we have a final release then chances are there will be no need to reset settings but when moving through, Alpha, Beta, RC releases this is something that we have to expect. I personally reset at every milestone release. It is cumbersome to configure it all up again but it is the only way to make sure all is ok.
(2012-08-19, 16:44)newoski Wrote: When hitting backspace to get out of a TV Show season, I sometimes see this weird "blank" screen with the TV Show background, some of the clearart at the bottom, but nothing else.

I typically press Escape to get out of it.

Very strange bug.

Windows 7 64bit, RC1, Eden

From experience and I know it is a pain but reset the skin settings to default. You will have to re-configure the skin but it should get rid of the issue.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - nikc0069 - 2012-08-19

Looks fantastic - have donated and awaiting my invite Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - newoski - 2012-08-20

Thanks Chippie,

Unfortunately, that didn't fix it...

Came back immediately in TV Shows -> TV Show -> Season -> Episodes (Landscape View) after doing a full skin reset...

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - TheFonz - 2012-08-20

When playing a movie or tv episode is there anyway to change the furniture that comes up with the information screen?
In MQ3 it showed the progress bar, start time and duration (on the left), end time and time remaining (on the right), and a couple of other things at the top of the screen, usually the production studio or tv station, rating and IMDb rating.
In MQ4 it shows a lot more information but seems to be missing the progress bar, start time, duration, end time and time remaining. These things only show up when the movie is paused.
Let me know if you need more information or a screen shot.
Cheers
_Fonz

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-08-20

(2012-08-20, 01:47)newoski Wrote: Thanks Chippie,

Came back immediately in TV Shows -> TV Show -> Season -> Episodes (Landscape View) after doing a full skin reset...

Bummer! ok, one more thing to try is to rename your guisettings.xml under your userdata folder to .old then go back in to XBMC. This will trash any settings you have for any other skins but you can always delete the new one and rename the old back if it does not work.

I have just tried to re-create here but cannot. Can you let me know what views you use for TV Show and Seasons just in case it is a mixture of views causing this.

EDIT: Reinstall the skin from the .zip file as well. I did have a similar issue a while back and resetting the skin did solve it so prehaps there is something borked in the 720p folder.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - 0mikeyj0 - 2012-08-20

(2012-08-20, 01:53)chippie Wrote:

Bummer! ok, one more thing to try is to rename your guisettings.xml under your userdata folder to .old then go back in to XBMC. This will trash any settings you have for any other skins but you can always delete the new one and rename the old back if it does not work.

I have just tried to re-create here but cannot. Can you let me know what views you use for TV Show and Seasons just in case it is a mixture of views causing this.

EDIT: Reinstall the skin from the .zip file as well. I did have a similar issue a while back and resetting the skin did solve it so prehaps there is something borked in the 720p folder.

I have a weird issue related to Seasons view...I wonder if there's a connection?

Whenever I have "Hide Watched" enabled it skips the Seasons view and goes straight to Episodes. Disable "Hide Watched" and I can again see the Seasons view.

A skin uninstall, reinstall and reset of RC1 did not fix this problem...

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Martijn - 2012-08-20

(2012-08-20, 02:10)0mikeyj0 Wrote:
(2012-08-20, 01:53)chippie Wrote:

I have a weird issue related to Seasons view...I wonder if there's a connection?

Whenever I have "Hide Watched" enabled it skips the Seasons view and goes straight to Episodes. Disable "Hide Watched" and I can again see the Seasons view.

A skin uninstall, reinstall and reset of RC1 did not fix this problem...

Have you tried another skin?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - gollumscave - 2012-08-20

Hi all,

Have always used the MQ skins so far, and have always loved them. Miles ahead of any other skin, very customizable, great great graphics but a little rough on speed.
MQ3 fixed most speed issues, was more smooth yet not as smooth as some other skins (mostly in scrolling the movie list).but when turning off the "show first letter when scrolling option" makes it a lot more smooth.

I installed MQ4 last night, my first impression:

Good looking skin again. Nice graphics, very very smooth. Not slow at all anymore. I love the way you can customize really EVERYTHING now...but......
Since day 1 there was an option in XBMC called SETTINGS. That is where you change the looks and feel of XBMC. In the settings screen was always an option called SKIN settings, where you change the features of the skin.

Personally, i think you're making a big mistake by removing all configuration options from the settings screen where they are supposed to be. It doesn't matter if there are many option to go through. All option were there.
Now, you have introduced this "bottom" menu, making you change settings in the menus itself. Maybe its just me, but it is very confusing and in my opinion not logical at all.
I'd love to have all options features in just one menu which i can browse. Now i have to navigate the whole of xbmc going from screen to screen to figure out what option there are....

1 more thing that I am missing or maybe i just can't find it:
I always used the SHOWCASE view in the other skins, but turned OFF the coverflow through the side menu.
That option seems to have disappeared?

Can we please get the turn off coverflow option again in the skin settings?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - e2zippo - 2012-08-20

(2012-08-20, 07:55)gollumscave Wrote: Personally, i think you're making a big mistake by removing all configuration options from the settings screen where they are supposed to be. It doesn't matter if there are many option to go through. All option were there.
Now, you have introduced this "bottom" menu, making you change settings in the menus itself. Maybe its just me, but it is very confusing and in my opinion not logical at all.
I'd love to have all options features in just one menu which i can browse. Now i have to navigate the whole of xbmc going from screen to screen to figure out what option there are....

I have to agree, please bring back the settings menu, it's very tedious to configure MQ4 as it is now.

Don't get me wrong, I love the skin, but it's kinda confusing Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-08-20

We are on RC1 now, do not think there is any chance to revert to a settings menu. It is different and a radical change, personally I like it even though it is against the norm but that is what it is all about here!

What I find easier is to make a few changes drop back out quickly and be able to see those changes (many changes are even visible on the fly whilst making them) rather than having to backspace out of the settings menu then having to go back in to tweak again. Just take a little getting used to.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - st graveyard - 2012-08-20

(2012-08-20, 07:55)gollumscave Wrote: Personally, i think you're making a big mistake by removing all configuration options from the settings screen where they are supposed to be. It doesn't matter if there are many option to go through. All option were there.

Like you said, you are using MQ4 just 1 day. Get used to it and believe me, you never want to go back to the old way of configuring. This is SO much easier, it just takes (a little) time to get used to (as with everything in life).

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - schumi2004 - 2012-08-20

Is every addon problem-issue a addon itself problem or is there something MQ4 can do something about it?
For example, lyric scrolling doesn´t seem to work with both lyrc addons available.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - m0v1em4n - 2012-08-20

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is a bug or just how it is supposed to work.

added 5 movies to my collection today, all scanned ok and appeared in my collection but only 3 of them showed in the recently added top bar, and this seem to happen quit regularly.

I am running

XBMC Frodo Alpha 4, but this problem was also present on Alpha 3
Aeon MQ4 RC1 again problem was present on previous versions
Window 7 64bit

any with ideas or have same issue

Thanks