Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-07-01

(2012-07-01, 23:08)newoski Wrote: Marcos,

I would agree with SavellM...

MQ4 looks incredible -- and the new My Menu feature looks useful for those seeking very complex menus -- but removing the ability to add Add Ons / Favorites to the Main Menu limits this Skin in my opinion.

I don't have a lot of Emulators etc.

I simply need to add ONE Favorite to the Main Menu.

Is that no longer possible?

Would it be easy for you to add the ability to use EITHER My Menu or simply add a Favorite to the Main Menu?

Happy to donate a bit more if it would help bring this to life.

I think it's a very useful feature...

Thanks,

Owen

In My Menu you can add anything.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - newoski - 2012-07-01

Is this the new Menu that should appear when I press "M"?

It is blocking the picture and I can't tell what anything is...

Not sure if I chose did something accidentally to choose this "M" Menu, or if it is the new default in MQ4?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - mmackenzie - 2012-07-01

New skin looks great.
But I went back to MQ3, because I have quite a few favourites, addons, etc on the main menu.

I didn't like the fact that they couldn't be created in MQ4. Its just my personal preference.

Sorry
M

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - newoski - 2012-07-01

Marcos,

Again, I agree with mmackenzie...

We LOVE the ability to add Favorites to the Main Menu

My Menu and adding items to the Main Menu are completely different ideas.

Please, please, please can we have both in MQ4?

( :

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2012-07-01

@newoski, understand now (you are lost), do you need one guide: How use My Menu..

In home, press down arrow twice, go to customizers, locate item My Meny, arrow up, select item (enter) choose item to added, set where do you desire put item, it´s done, exit customizers.

MY MENU appears in home menu, new item.

Follow the images

Wanilton

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Omegatron - 2012-07-01

(2012-07-01, 22:57)MarcosQui Wrote:
(2012-07-01, 22:38)Livin Wrote: B
(2012-07-01, 21:39)Wanilton Wrote: @Ajedi is not possible create any new item in main menu, only in submenus or in My Menu (using top menu), there are no plans for change this. Weather Icon, Date and Time, is more easy to solve, but MarcosQui, is more qualified to answer it for you. Remember with My Menu, you can add favourites, vídeo, music and program add-ons, video and music playlist.

MQ
If this is true then it is a huge step backward... and makes MQ4 totally unusable for me. I have several custom main menu items in MQ3 for kids, etc. This is necessary as it is 100% obvious and intuitive
for guest, friends, family, kids, etc.. sub menus are in no was obvious or intuitive.

Please let us know if you will add this, or not. If not I will stay with MQ3 and just stop following MQ4 completely

Thx

No, the step was ahead, please read the first post carefully:

"MY MENU

Dozens of menus everywhere? That’s not the case anymore. Join all your playlists and Emulators in just one list. Create just one single list for your kids with simplified access."

You can create a menu mixed with all what you need in one place, everything with infos, the items can be renamed have pictures custom, latest, random, in progress, everything is better, need just to get used to the new concept.

I have to agree with Livin, it is a step backward. I understand the idea behind the "My Menu" but like others we rather see the old way aswell.

Now we have My Menu, under this tab we can add everything we want. The benefit of this is that you dont have loads of menu items. This might be great for some but for others (like me) its not. i.e. I only had 2 custom menu items in MQ3, I just added "Trailers" and "Youtube" so if people using my xbmc and they are in the main screen they only have to press left or right in order to go to their choosing, like tv-shows, movies, youtube, trailers, music etc.

i think you tried to create something cleaner but imo its not at all at the moment. You say its something to get used to, fair enough. But for me it takes away the charm Aeon MQ3 had.

So is it possible for you to add the option to create your own menu's again? Like you had in MQ3.

Again not trying to bash anything im saying all this with the utmost respect.

Thanks.

Edit: its not about not understanding the My Menu system its just not preffered for me (and looking at other posts) or others aswell.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Livin - 2012-07-02

(2012-07-01, 22:57)MarcosQui Wrote:
(2012-07-01, 22:38)Livin Wrote: B
(2012-07-01, 21:39)Wanilton Wrote: @Ajedi is not possible create any new item in main menu, only in submenus or in My Menu (using top menu), there are no plans for change this. Weather Icon, Date and Time, is more easy to solve, but MarcosQui, is more qualified to answer it for you. Remember with My Menu, you can add favourites, vídeo, music and program add-ons, video and music playlist.

MQ
If this is true then it is a huge step backward... and makes MQ4 totally unusable for me. I have several custom main menu items in MQ3 for kids, etc. This is necessary as it is 100% obvious and intuitive
for guest, friends, family, kids, etc.. sub menus are in no was obvious or intuitive.

Please let us know if you will add this, or not. If not I will stay with MQ3 and just stop following MQ4 completely

Thx

No, the step was ahead, please read the first post carefully:

"MY MENU

Dozens of menus everywhere? That’s not the case anymore. Join all your playlists and Emulators in just one list. Create just one single list for your kids with simplified access."

You can create a menu mixed with all what you need in one place, everything with infos, the items can be renamed have pictures custom, latest, random, in progress, everything is better, need just to get used to the new concept.

MQ,
Please read this and you'll understand the reasoning for the goal... 1 home menu, separate custom items (no submenus, no "combined" menus = no possible way to confuse or get lost)

When I heard "MyMenu" I immediately thought "Whos menu"? ... My 3 year old sons? My wifes? My best friends? My neighbors?

The needed, separate. home menu items are all the 'very separate' items, that need separate listing to make navigation easy and efficient... Kids Movies, Kids Learning videos, Cartoons, Wife's TV episodes (watch'n'delete), etc ?
... none of these items get scanned into the Library since most don't scan properly, and they get cycled (old ones deleted, new ones in) on a regular basis as children grow and change.

The point is no one, except the XBMCer will have any clue what MyMenu is and to combine all the hundreds of different videos together in one menu will make it unwieldy to use. The videos are in separate folders on the server for the same reason... categorization and management. There is no other good way to do it.

If your choice is not to put back the MQ3 main menu custom items I will simply not be able to use MQ4. This is not a preference for me... it is a requirement to make XBMC usable with multiple people using it - most who need it a simple single menu to navigate. The best UIs in the world have a single menu with all the frequently used items... do not relegated to submenus. Human usability studies have proven this for the past 2 decades.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2012-07-02

Ok guys, definite Ajedi and Livin, don´t know how work my menu, look my previous post, all explained by yours it´s possible with My Menu, include change name MY MENU for other Name (your name maybe), 10 itens in my menu, 1 for You Tube, 1 for Trailer, 1 for Kids Movies, 1 for Cartoons, 1 for your Wife, 1 for add-on, 1 for vplaylist, 1 for aplaylist...more easy, impossible.

Wanilton

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - newoski - 2012-07-02

Wanilton,

What we are saying is that we do not want these items in a SUB MENU

We want them in the MAIN MENU

I understand that I can change the name of MY MENU to OWEN'S MENU

But I can't put one of my Favorites -- YOUTUBE -- into the MAIN MENU

I can rename the MY MENU -> YOUTUBE

But then I will have to go into the SUB Menu to access YouTube

We want to be able to add them to the MAIN MENU

I hope this is clearer now

Thanks very much,

Owen

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Omegatron - 2012-07-02

Ok not to get in a discussion here but in my previous post i stated that i do know how to use it, i just dont prefer it, like other people i want to see custum menu like in MQ3. i dont want to go to MY MENU (or whatever name you give it) and find every addon under that tab.

i cant explain it easier. And you saying that we dont get the MY MENU gives me the feeling you dont understand what we ment, no offence m8.
(2012-07-02, 00:20)newoski Wrote: Wanilton,

What we are saying is that we do not want these items in a SUB MENU

We want them in the MAIN MENU

I understand that I can change the name of MY MENU to OWEN'S MENU

But I can't put one of my Favorites -- YOUTUBE -- into the MAIN MENU

I can name the MAIN MENU -> YOUTUBE

But then I will have to go into the SUB Menu to access YouTube

We want to be able to add them to the MAIN MENU

I hope this is clearer now

Thanks very much,

Owen

We think alike Owen.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - KrakenT3ch - 2012-07-02

I see a Aeon MQ4 teaser text in the TV info Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - schumi2004 - 2012-07-02

All issues i found are already mentioned here.
Got 1 in Live TV section but that is still underdevelopment.

Only thing i still not got working are weather icons. I downloaded extra pack to both my HTPC and Desktop but still not having a working weather. (how to select animated weather icons in MQ4 ?)

I would also be missing the custom main menu items like @newoski said, but it hink i can get used to the new My Menu style. I only think a lot of others don't and will drop MQ eventually, just my idea about it.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - KrakenT3ch - 2012-07-02

(2012-07-02, 08:15)schumi2004 Wrote: Only thing i still not got working are weather icons. I downloaded extra pack to both my HTPC and Desktop but still not having a working weather.

Weather works fine for me.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Ghostdivision - 2012-07-02

Im having weather issues to.

How did you get yours to look like that? What weather provider do you use.

Also how do i change the menu color gradient?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - schumi2004 - 2012-07-02

I added essential package to addons and now weather is working, seems it is really needed then.
I only don't like the colors used for temp

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=135045&pid=1137633#pid1137633